Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 0400 firmware update has landed
14328 195 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-4 12:13
After all the hystery caused by people like you who have no clue about Mavic Air, nothing serious at all has happened to us Mavic Air pilots after update to the .400 firmware. Not a single crash reported here can be attributed to it. A false error message on motor current yes (but not clear yet if firmware or DJI GO 4), which was confirmed as false alert by DJI since long. Unintentional yaw more and more is reported as a much broader issue occasionally affecting all DJI drones without good explanation yet, but then by nature cannot be connected to a single firmware update for a single model as you are happily propagating in the threads relating to a drone that you do not own. These are the true facts.

Please bear in mind this is a discussion on the merits or otherwise of the Mavic Pro firmware upgrade.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:01
Oh my gosh me and a few other caused ''hystery''!   Whatever that is.

Why do you continue to try to dismiss diverse problems reported by owners of Mavic Air after upgrading their drones to FW .0400?  

Please bear in mind this is a discussion on the merits or otherwise of the Mavic Pro firmware upgrade.
2018-7-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 14:11
Please bear in mind this is a discussion on the merits or otherwise of the Mavic Pro firmware upgrade.

Dear friend, I am fully aware and respect this and it was not me who brought Mavic Air into this thread, I have only responded and will from now onwards stay out since I do not own a Mavic Pro. Nevertheless let me say that I wish you well with this firmware update as I wish for all of us for their own aircrafts. :-)
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 11:06
The release notes first mentioned the 'no roll back' with the release of V01.04.0100, and in each subsequent release.

Date : 2017.11.23 Firmware : v01.04.0100

I looked you are correct, it does.  Glad Release Notes were wrong.  Otherwise I would have been stuck with Blurring / Smearing / Piexlation problems brought on by .0300 firmware.

Questions are now:
Is this a case of Rubber Stamping, using same base release note form for all releases?
Can a person rollback Mavic Pro Firmware from .0400, like they could with .0300 and .0200?
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 14:12

I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread.

Here is what I posted:
I am going to wait till a couple of trusted people here report back that  - they did upgrade to .0400 and were able to successfully rollback to  .0200 without flight problems.   Being I do not see anything in .0400  release notes that is a reason to risk updating to .0400, and getting  stuck on .0400 like what has happened to those with Mavic Air drones.

Problem was Wachtberger went hysterical over mere mention of inability to rollback firmware from .0400 on Mavic Air.

2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-4 14:16
Dear friend, I am fully aware and respect this and it was not me who brought Mavic Air into this thread, I have only responded and will from now onwards stay out since I do not own a Mavic Pro. Nevertheless let me say that I wish you well with this firmware update as I wish for all of us for their own aircrafts. :-)

Thank you for your reply, no offence taken; any comment relating to the Mavic Air here is irrelevant to the topic of my thread and should be disregarded. I believe there are one or two elongated threads in the Air section discussing the merits of its firmware upgrade :-)

I don't mind any comment as long as it might add to the discussion regarding the Mavic Pro or its operation after the upgrade. There are many similarities in the various processes and functionality between the Pro and the Air.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:34
I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread.

Here is what I posted:

I will test what you mentioned and see if it is possible to roll back but my feeling is they discovered issues that they do not think no matter what is worth rolling back so probably will not be able to.  But I will give a go and check for video lag and pixelation.  Standy by on upgrading.  I will let you know tonight.  
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:01
Oh my gosh me and a few other caused ''hystery''!   Whatever that is.

Why do you continue to try to dismiss diverse problems reported by owners of Mavic Air after upgrading their drones to FW .0400?  

Every FW since 0100 came with the same message, that FW could not be rolled back, but we still can.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:52
Every FW since 0100 came with the same message, that FW could not be rolled back, but we still can.

But I feel we will be at the likes of the MA here where there is encryption where it will not be possible.  I will test this though.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Testing rollback now in fact.  Using DJI Assistant.  
2018-7-4
Use props
spacecasejace
New

United States

**Was able to revert to .300 with DJI assistant 2 PC app.  Thank god.  Issues are gone.  Mavic Pro android moto z force with oreo.  Happy holidaze ))
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread.

Here is what I posted:

"I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread."

It was valid to a point, but presented in a very dramatic way, and my screenshot from DJI Assistant 2 was a good indication that it would be possible. The fact that you have reverted to previous versions contrary to the information in the notes also strongly suggested that a roll back would be possible. And now post number 51 is evidence that it can be rolled back, so that should keep us all happy.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Woe Posted at 2018-7-4 13:43
Did you try different flight modes or only fly?
Did you try RTH?  In other words what type of flight test was this?
Android Or IOS.

Flew in P & Sport modes, RTH was tested as mentioned, iOS 11.4 on an iPad Pro 9.7.

This was a basic functionality test, where no glitches nor anything untoward was spotted.
I'd planned on more flights tomorrow.

Perhaps you can back this up with your own flight test results.
2018-7-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 15:22
Flew in P & Sport modes, RTH was tested as mentioned, iOS 11.4 on an iPad Pro 9.7.

This was a basic functionality test, where no glitches nor anything untoward was spotted.

Awesome... this is what I was seeking.  

Gonna update mine too. Just got a message about it on a flight an hour ago.

Side note: I’ve had zero issues since getting an iPad Pro 10.5. I had a ton of other BS random issues with Android. I’m also getting more range before the video breaks up - like TWICE as far. I’ve flown a lot with the new iOS setup.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread.

Here is what I posted:

I was able to roll back to .200 and did a test flight and all was good.  Am upgrading back to .400 and will test what I listed but good to go if you want to roll back.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:52

You were right I was able to roll back and tested roll back to .200.  Did a successful test flight and am upgrading back to .400.  
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

spacecasejace Posted at 2018-7-4 15:00
**Was able to revert to .300 with DJI assistant 2 PC app.  Thank god.  Issues are gone.  Mavic Pro android moto z force with oreo.  Happy holidaze ))

What issues were you having?
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 15:40
I was able to roll back to .200 and did a test flight and all was good.  Am upgrading back to .400 and will test what I listed but good to go if you want to roll back.

One thing I will add for those using Crystalsky, you won’t be able to update firmware, as Crystalsky is still on .16 app, it requires you to be on .20 or .22, so hopefully we will see update for Crystalsky soon.
2018-7-4
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 13:51
Oh and I will be sure to be using all 6 of my batteries testing everything I can possibly think of.  So if anyone has anything specific they would like tested let me know.  
Off the bat here is what I will be testing.
Speed in normal/OA turned off and Sports mode

Test if there is any changes in flight record would bee good.
If we can downgrade or not is not so important if the FW and App work well.
If we cant read the fly record any more it's not good and then this update in in real downgrade.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-7-4 16:08
If we cant read the fly record any more it's not good and then this update in in real downgrade.

Downgrade was possible.  I downgraded to .200 and did test flight and then upgraded back to .400.  Have yet to do extensive testing with .400
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 15:51
One thing I will add for those using Crystalsky, you won’t be able to update firmware, as Crystalsky is still on .16 app, it requires you to be on .20 or .22, so hopefully we will see update for Crystalsky soon.

That is very interesting I wonder if the CS is the exception for needing to be on .20 or later?  
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-7-4 16:08

I will be sure to download my flight record as well.
2018-7-4
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:25
I looked you are correct, it does.  Glad Release Notes were wrong.  Otherwise I would have been stuck with Blurring / Smearing / Piexlation problems brought on by .0300 firmware.

Questions are now:

Release notes are right you cant downgrade from V01.04.0100  and down to V01.03.0700 or any 03. FW without hacking  FW.
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 16:12
That is very interesting I wonder if the CS is the exception for needing to be on .20 or later?

Well the notes tell you FW with .20 .22, but if you need to roll go4 back you can after update, so I couldn’t using Crystalsky update, so I used iPad Pro and tested using this, I believe I can use Crystalsky on .16 with ne FW, and will test this tomorrow .
2018-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 15:22
Flew in P & Sport modes, RTH was tested as mentioned, iOS 11.4 on an iPad Pro 9.7.

I haven't updated as of yet. I have two jobs coming up and not going ti risk not being able to fly.
I ask because I feel you will do some in depth testing and give honest feedback.
I hope I didn't come across as rude, and if so my apologies.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 15:12
"I feel my original point about running into problems with .0400 on Mavic Pro, the .0400 release notes for Mavic pro warning you could not rollback, and pointing to issue people ran in to with not being able to rollback their Mavic Air .0400 Firmware was valid for this thread."

It was valid to a point, but presented in a very dramatic way, and my screenshot from DJI Assistant 2 was a good indication that it would be possible. The fact that you have reverted to previous versions contrary to the information in the notes also strongly suggested that a roll back would be possible. And now post number 51 is evidence that it can be rolled back, so that should keep us all happy.

my screenshot from DJI Assistant 2 was a good indication that it would be possible

Nothing offensive meant towards you.  DJI Assistant-2 showing possibility of rollback didn't carry much credibility.  Being DJI's Assistant-2 says it is going to retrive FlightLog files or BlackBox data, initially appears to work - then does not.  And as you said, now post 51 provides evidence it can be rolled back contrary to what Release Notes say.

2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 15:40

Thank you SparksBird!  

2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 15:51
One thing I will add for those using Crystalsky, you won’t be able to update firmware, as Crystalsky is still on .16 app, it requires you to be on .20 or .22, so hopefully we will see update for Crystalsky soon.

Thank you hallmark007 for heads up.  

Wondering if GO-4 App running on CrystalSky will detect the noted restriction or push pilots to update.
Find out when I have access to my MPP & Cs-Ub.

Again, a sincere thanks for warning.  
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer

Well here at park hoping but not looking good as wind just way too strong. Will probably have to wait to do some extensive testing tomorrow. Grrrrr. Hate wind. Frustrating.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_9nUv6XxtOojS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 573100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded, no problem. DJI Go is considerably more stable on a Pixel2XL than before, but I did have one disconnect in a noisy residential area. I was hoping that would be fixed. Back to the S7.
2018-7-4
Use props
OldDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68576 ft
United States

As a Newbie with a Spark and a Mavic Pro Platinum (four months) I had installed the .0004 update and was looking for release notes when I found this Forum. I installed it without question because I figured the boys and girls at DJI put it out there to make our flying experience better. I realize there are bugs with all great Technology (hence the updates)…and that all of the Veteran Drone Pilots are suspect of any updates (“if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”)..but as a 71 year old kid, I am amazed at the Technology DJI has put into these Drones. So if you don’t want to update then don’t. IMO let the Techie Experts do their thing so that we the End Users can more securely enjoy their High Tech Toys.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer

This dumb wind. If I will not be able to film the fireworks tonight I will be pi$$ed. Not looking good.
2018-7-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 13:22
Flew one battery tonight, and all worked well. Stable in hover (little or no wind) with VPS on & off. Did a line of sight flight for a couple of hundred metres and it appeared to hold a straight line. C1 button operated camera up/down after POI. No additional quickshot modes just Dronie, Rocket & Helix. RTH tested and working.

So first test flight worked well for me, no streams of annoying repeating messages.

Thanks Buddy, That is good news
2018-7-4
Use props
Frankyvee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219465 ft
United States

Flew two batteries on the new Firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018) on Ipad 4 Mini running the latest IOS version which I also updated today along with DJIGO4 App was also updated today as well.
All flight test ran smooth. Took some bracketed shots of 5 brackets. Also took some 180 degree panoramic shots. I also recorded video in 1080p, 2.7k and 4k and all was pretty smooth on the screen. RTH was also tested on the controller. The firmware seems to be working well for the short time testing it. More time and testing is needed to really tell but initial impressions look good.   
2018-7-4
Use props
fans3a0341c4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12129199 ft
  • >>>

So I updated, had an immediate video problem. Landed, restarted and everything was fine but I went ahead and went back to 300. It may have something to do with using a CS monitor. I'll try it out again tomorrow.
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to see all is fixed
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

fans3a0341c4 Posted at 2018-7-4 22:59
So I updated, had an immediate video problem. Landed, restarted and everything was fine but I went ahead and went back to 300. It may have something to do with using a CS monitor. I'll try it out again tomorrow.

This previous post might point to your problem

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551

2018-7-4
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

too bad ithis new firmware requires DJI Go4 4.2.20 for Android, since this latest app version is not working well on mosto of the "old" mobiles.
With "old" I mean also 1 year old mobiles...
Because of that, I can't update.
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Woe Posted at 2018-7-4 16:36
I haven't updated as of yet. I have two jobs coming up and not going ti risk not being able to fly.
I ask because I feel you will do some in depth testing and give honest feedback.
I hope I didn't come across as rude, and if so my apologies.

I understand now your being hesitant, I would leave any updates until jobs completed, otherwise no matter how good things might be 'sods law' would probably apply.

I flew another four batteries this morning.

It still wasn't quite the scientific test schedule, there were two very minor problems I noticed, neither of which had any real bearing on the flights at all.
The first was that my RC gave an alarm (twice in four batteries) whilst I was operating the gimbal wheel. The second time I noticed the message on the RC along the lines of 'wheel error detected'. In both instances I was slowly moving gimbal up and down, which I did often during the flights without any audio alert or message.

It may be that a calibration of RC would suffice. Since upgrading to 0400 I have not done any calibrations at all.

The second minor glitch that I noticed was directly after take off, both manual and automatic, there was a very slight yaw to right when hovering. On both occasions a slight left stick holding yaw steady for a few seconds seemed to resolve the issue. With the aircraft holding steady after that with sticks centred.

I tried the following with no problems noticed in flight:-

Both Positional & Sports modes tested with OA both on and off.
4k (30 & 24 fps), 2k (30 & 24 fps) & 1080p (60 fps) video modes tested.
Most of the photographic modes tested single shot, multiple shot, AEB, and panoramic (360 & Horizontal).

Intelligent flight modes tested, quickshot (Dronie, Rocket & Helix) all worked as expected, with aircraft returning itself to start point at end of each.

Not in a position to do any meaningful range tests, but flew to about 1000 ft or so with no control or video problems at all. There was not the slightest interruption to the video feed at all using my iPhone 6s plus with latest iOS, which I had in airplane mode to ensure no interruptions during flights.

I've not checked the video or photos as yet, that will probably take a few days to trawl through for any artifacts or aberrations :-)

All in all nothing unexpected other that the two minor points I've mentioned. The weather was clear and Sunny with a slight breeze, perhaps picking up to 8-10 mph at ground level. I had four high wind warnings that I noticed over the whole period, which were probably meaningful at 150-200 ft.

All in all it just seemed to work as we would hope. Time will tell if there are any quirks, I'll give it a thumbs up :-)
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans3a0341c4 Posted at 2018-7-4 22:59

I have updated also, I updated with iPad Pro .22, and tested with no problems, I will try to test using Crystalsky on .16 this evening, to see if this is the same problem for me. I’m hoping Crystalsky will be updated soon to .20, and this should take care of some problems using new MP FW, if there are any as you suspect.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules