Mavic Pro 0400 firmware update has landed
14370 193 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

Updated with no problems. It seems that it can be downgrade.

2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Ivanski Posted at 2018-7-5 02:05
Updated with no problems. It seems that it can be downgrade.

[view_image]

Yes, at least two have already rolled back to 0300.

The non roll back notice appeared om V01.04.0100, indicating (as is the case) that DJI don't allow roll back to earlier generation prior to that (V01.04.0100).
2018-7-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Updated and test flew. No issues at all. Can't see anything new or changed.
The upgrade took about 25 mins via Go 4 on my tablet, Batteries didnt require an update.
It kept from what i can see all settings but i always do a full reset of everything and full recalibrate after an update just in case.

Nothing new and no changes that i can see to the app, functions or anything. Still won't downlink/sync HD photos from the drone to an android tablet (but i think thats a DJI go problem as it works on old versions and stopped on anything newer than Feb).

No errors, no warnings, no lag.

2018-7-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Just did some short flights last night while filming some fireworks.  I did notice that I no longer had choppy video at all when recording in POI mode.  I will try this again today but this is very good news.  That was the only issue I have had previously.  
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-5 06:37
Just did some short flights last night while filming some fireworks.  I did notice that I no longer had choppy video at all when recording in POI mode.  I will try this again today but this is very good news.  That was the only issue I have had previously.

That was choppy as in your FPV view (not SD) ?

I did a couple of 'inverse POI' shots today (rotate aircraft so camera points away from rotation point), gives some nice smooth 360 video shots :-)
2018-7-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 00:36
I understand now your being hesitant, I would leave any updates until jobs completed, otherwise no matter how good things might be 'sods law' would probably apply.

I flew another four batteries this morning.

Thank you for your feedback. Very much appreciated
2018-7-5
Use props
flyNfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

Has anyone downloaded and converted the Flight Logs to view yet?
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 06:44

I did a couple of 'inverse POI' shots today (rotate aircraft so camera points away from rotation point), gives some nice smooth 360 video shots :-)

That sounds very interesting and creative! I suppose you do them manually?
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

flyNfrank Posted at 2018-7-5 07:36
Has anyone downloaded and converted the Flight Logs to view yet?

I uploaded one flight record to phantomhelp without any problems. Or is it the flight log details from the aircraft itself you're after ?
2018-7-5
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

spacecasejace Posted at 2018-7-4 13:01
The update has glitched everything for me, mavic pro/android app.  App is unresponsive or the feed distorts.  Couple take offs have worked but I'm troubleshooting the app.  Seriously sad I upgraded today.  Was about to go to Huntington Beach CA to go film the festivities.

Will update here when resolved.

Try reverting to go 4 app 4.2.14
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 07:41
That sounds very interesting and creative! I suppose you do them manually?

When flying POI you have manual control of radius and altitude as well as yaw and gimbal angle. I just let the aircraft fly its circular path, and that allowed me to concentrate more on the camera position. Was very smooth. A circular 'course lock' if you like.
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 07:58
When flying POI you have manual control of radius and altitude as well as yaw and gimbal angle. I just let the aircraft fly its circular path, and that allowed me to concentrate more on the camera position. Was very smooth. A circular 'course lock' if you like.

This is great and I shall definitely try this too, thank you again for this excellent hint!
2018-7-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 06:44

Yes correct myself and some others had the issue where the feed on my device would be choppy only during recording POI but the SD card footage was fine.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-154614-1-1.html
2018-7-5
Use props
spacecasejace
New

United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 15:45
What issues were you having?

I posted earlier in the thread but basically for me the app was unusable after upgrade to .400.  Very delayed input changing settings or hitting record and the live feed would completely pixalate or even black out.  .300 is rock solid for me.  My phone isn't on their "supported list" so that could be the issue.
2018-7-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

spacecasejace Posted at 2018-7-5 09:17
I posted earlier in the thread but basically for me the app was unusable after upgrade to .400.  Very delayed input changing settings or hitting record and the live feed would completely pixalate or even black out.  .300 is rock solid for me.  My phone isn't on their "supported list" so that could be the issue.

Oh I see.  Yeah I have iPhone 6 plus and no issues with latest app and firmware.  Everything from the limited testing I have done seems solid.  In fact recording an entire fireworks show last night that am still uploading to YT and will post in the forums.  Yeah .300 was rock solid for me other than the video feed choppy on screen but only while recording in POI mode.  All other recording no issue.  
2018-7-5
Use props
spacecasejace
New

United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-5 07:53
Try reverting to go 4 app 4.2.14

I couldn't figure out how to downgrade the app.  Google play store doesn't really let you choose versions or to uninstall the last update to my knowledge.  Do you know a way?  I was able to downgrade the firmware to .300 using the dji assistant 2 pc app and that has solved my issue.  Still running 4.2.20 go 4 app so I am getting the firmware update warnings.

FYI for everyone DJI mavic with Moto Droid Z force with Oreo.

Cheers ))
2018-7-5
Use props
overkillphil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80226 ft
United States

5th try it will not update, its gets so far then said failed,  now what
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

overkillphil Posted at 2018-7-5 10:03

Is that using DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for upgrade, could you try it with another internet connection (firewall or Anti-virus protection) ?
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For all those using Crystalsky...

So FW 0400 with Crystalsky, tested to see how 0400 works with .16 on Crystalsky, first I wasn’t able to update through Crystalsky although it gave message that FW needed updating. So I updated through iPad Pro with 4.2.22 iOS app version.
Went out this evening to try if and how new FW would work with 5.5 Crystalsky. I tested most everything, flew 1.5 miles, everything worked flawlessly p mode, sport mode, video feed was excellent, took some video 4K photos. RTH within 6” , hover excellent , flying straight no veering, flat out speed up and forward.
So everything good I Thought !!!

I decided to try POI not because I use it much, but because others have been trying it out, no problem starting, then 10 seconds into starting disconect from app, it was 50 metres away and altitude 40 metres, it was continuing on its course , I think pause will stop it NO, control it I thought yes I can lower altitude and increase altitude, widen circle narrow circle, but I can’t stop poi and fly back.
So switched off app and back on still disconnected, but POI is continuing , next step switch off RC , nothing, it still wants to play POI, so I know I can bring it down 50 metres away from me and it’s just a big field, grass was cut yesterday, so it’s low and safe to land, I can let it go down to low battery and see if it will RTH .
So decided to switch off fully Crystalsky and back on, low and behold app fired up again , I could now cancel POI and fly back.
So POI and other auto modes may be a problem when using Crystalsky , until app for CS has been updated?
I flew back, changed battery, went through all that I had tested again with exception of POI, And everything else seems to be working really well, in fact probably better than I have seen Mavic Pro before.
If I get a chance tomorrow evening I will test some more auto modes to see if anymore present problems.
So for now if your using CS with new FW avoid using POI, and if you are going to use it, then keep it real close.
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oops double post.
2018-7-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Without more info, trying to cover another one of bases...
I have seen isssues with updates failing because of combined problem.  DJI's servers are slow and trying to download update on internet connection that is marginal in speed

Leading to following questions:
How fast is your Internet connection?  10-mbs or faster
Is your Internet connection stable?  No disconnects, very minimal packet loss, no stalls in data transmission
If you are using a WiFi connection, is it stable?

A decent spped test is ''SPEEDTEST'' by Ookla.  --> HERE <--
Two reasons I like test:
1) Available for Windows OS, Mac OS-X, Android OS, Apple iOS, Chrome, Apple TV.
2) Auto pick best server for testing, or you can select from list to ensure repeatedly between computers & smartdevices.

2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What impact does resetting to factory default have on the FW? That's something I have never had to do so just curious.
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 12:18
What impact does resetting to factory default have on the FW? That's something I have never had to do so just curious.

I think I tried it once as a test, I believe it would return any settings on the aircraft back to the defaults.
I've often wondered if it also resets any aircraft 'system' data that may have been maladjusted or corrupted.
2018-7-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

spacecasejace Posted at 2018-7-5 09:37
I couldn't figure out how to downgrade the app.  Google play store doesn't really let you choose versions or to uninstall the last update to my knowledge.  Do you know a way?  I was able to downgrade the firmware to .300 using the dji assistant 2 pc app and that has solved my issue.  Still running 4.2.20 go 4 app so I am getting the firmware update warnings.

Just browse to this link on your device and can download and install those versions.  Yeah trying to do just in the store you will not see it.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 12:28
I think I tried it once as a test, I believe it would return any settings on the aircraft back to the defaults.
I've often wondered if it also resets any aircraft 'system' data that may have been maladjusted or corrupted.

Interesting - what about the FW - I'm guessing that isn't rolled back to the first version if they have made updating previous versions mandatory?
2018-7-5
Use props
Skott Peeps
New

United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-4 13:39
Just flew three batteries, no issues to report.

I updated my Mavic Pro and iPad MINI 11.04 iOS to version 1.04.04 and the video went jerky, lots of stops/delays,etc...
The iPad was consuming to much CPU and flashed a warning message. (we’ve seen this before).
I have down graded the Mavic to 1.04.01 (can’t get to .4.00)

I am not sure if it’s iOS 11.04 or the combination of both (firmware and iOS).

Any advice?
Thanks!
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 12:31
Interesting - what about the FW - I'm guessing that isn't rolled back to the first version if they have made updating previous versions mandatory?

I would think that it's the factory settings associated with the currently loaded firmware build.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 12:34
I would think that it's the factory settings associated with the currently loaded firmware build.

That does make sense. OK - it continues
2018-7-5
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-5 11:51

So FW 0400 with Crystalsky, tested to see how 0400 works with .16 on Crystalsky, first I wasn’t able to update through Crystalsky although it gave message that FW needed updating. So I updated through iPad Pro with 4.2.22 iOS app version.

That makes perfect sense - basically the App control code won't be able to send the correct interrupt commands to a firmware/software build that is 'in the future' as far as its concerned. Headless chickens comes to mind - or as we used to say 'Zombie code'.
2018-7-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 00:36
I understand now your being hesitant, I would leave any updates until jobs completed, otherwise no matter how good things might be 'sods law' would probably apply.

I flew another four batteries this morning.

updated and tested two batteries. My  one glitch is my gimbal tilts down in sports mode.
As soon as the drone starts moving it tilts, even if I adjust it back up it jumps back down.
I will be doing some calibration later. All other mode worked flawless.
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Woe Posted at 2018-7-5 19:24
updated and tested two batteries. My  one glitch is my gimbal tilts down in sports mode.
As soon as the drone starts moving it tilts, even if I adjust it back up it jumps back down.
I will be doing some calibration later. All other mode worked flawless.

"As soon as the drone starts moving it tilts"

Hopefully a calibration should sort it, just as a thought, do you have any 3rd party filters fitted ?

I use the standard DJI ND set which are ultra light but a bit delicate.
2018-7-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 00:36
"As soon as the drone starts moving it tilts"

Hopefully a calibration should sort it, just as a thought, do you have any 3rd party filters fitted ?

I do, but decided to take it off for testing.
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Woe Posted at 2018-7-6 04:29
I do, but decided to take it off for testing.

That may be it then, the gimbal would likely need calibrated if adding or removing weight :-)
2018-7-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 05:12
That may be it then, the gimbal would likely need calibrated if adding or removing weight :-)

I will update when all is done
2018-7-6
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Mine keeps failing when I use the remote and GO4 App, and it also  fails when I use the " DJI ASSISTANT 2", problems already is not a good sign. It gets to 25% then fails.
2018-7-6
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't used the drone in a few days and haven't updated yet.  I typically do the FW updates with no quesiton.  I see people upgrading the batteries FW, is that part of the process?  I have three batteries and never new this.

Thanks
2018-7-6
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-5 11:51

So FW 0400 with Crystalsky, tested to see how 0400 works with .16 on Crystalsky, first I wasn’t able to update through Crystalsky although it gave message that FW needed updating. So I updated through iPad Pro with 4.2.22 iOS app version.

Owning a crystalsky 5.5, thanx very much hallmark for the information. Can you ignore the update message using the CS?
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-7-6 10:23
Owning a crystalsky 5.5, thanx very much hallmark for the information. Can you ignore the update message using the CS?

Yes you can.
2018-7-6
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

spacecasejace Posted at 2018-7-5 09:37

Uninstall Go4 4.2.20
Go To Play Store and disable "auto update" for Go4

Go to APKpure site and look for DJI GO4 version 4.2.14 or 4.2.16
Install that app.

Should work.

2018-7-6
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Mine did the same ovekillphil, but finally achieved the update. I used a different usb cord, and used my laptop and stayed near the router. I also used DJI Assistant 2 . Did both the Mavic & RC . Took out for a test flight and so far all went well.

2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules