Mavic Pro 0400 firmware update has landed
14360 195 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 12:38
Ahhhhh, OK now I understand, I had thought it was being loaded as one of the stand alone Android App's they now permit on CS.

So it's a selective update of CS OS, where the DJI Go 4 'module' (for want of a better word) is updated as an item on its own.

Exactly, stand alone installation or update of DJI GO 4 is still not possible on CS. This is what I have tested with the latest version downloaded from the DJI website. One can only update from within the existing GO 4 version on CS, and it is not available as soon as a new general Android GO 4 version is released. It only comes faster than before now, because it has been detached from overall firmware update of CS.
2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 12:42
Could be.  But DJI is one that issued separate GO-4 App for CrystalSky.  

Instructions from DJI here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=150315&pid=1451621&fromuid=1516520  and follow up comment from DJI here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=150315&pid=1461126&fromuid=1516520

Thank you for the links.
2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 12:46
Exactly, stand alone installation or update of DJI GO 4 is still not possible on CS. This is what I have tested with the latest version downloaded from the DJI website. One can only update from within the existing GO 4 version on CS, and it is not available as soon as a new general Android GO 4 version is released. It only comes faster than before now, because it has been detached from overall firmware update of CS.

Sounds good, so what's your commission, 25 %. So 500,000 copies, total cost 0 so 25% of 0 is 0
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 12:54
Sounds good, so what's your commission, 25 %. So 500,000 copies, total cost 0 so 25% of 0 is 0

No commission at all...   And I would never ask for any for sure. I believe it is in the best interest of all to continue testing everything and make suggestions for improvements. At the end of the day all will benefit from it. And DJI Mindy is one of the most knowledgeable and influential Administrators here. If you can provide her good substance, she is one of those to make sure that it gets fixed or implemented. She has my material concerning the compass on CS and I trust that we shall see a solution not too far in the future ;-)
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16037 ft

false I just returned to the .300 version without problem, since the .400 version is wrong
2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW Posted at 2018-7-19 13:59
false I just returned to the .300 version without problem, since the .400 version is wrong

What's false, and what problems did you have with the V01.04.0400 firmware on your Mavic Pro ?
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

This poll might be of interest to you and others on MP .0400 FW update.
Bothersome is 12.5% reporting Bricking of their MP.

2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 16:56
This poll might be of interest to you and others on MP .0400 FW update.
Bothersome is 12.5% reporting Bricking of their MP.

Probably too small a sample to be representative overall. It tells me that 81.2% of those that tried were successful in completing the update to V01.04.0400 on the Mavic Pro or Platinum. It gives no indication as to whether the updates were done using DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2. And that alone could account for the 18.8% update failures.
It only covers the installation and it gives no indication and no detail at all of any problems that people may have had  with the firmware after they'd completed installation.
You yourself would fall into the success category in that poll, you successfully upgraded your machine, yet have reported a couple of problems with your machine.
The intention of this thread was to make people aware that the firmware was available, as at the time DJI had made no direct announcement. But as always it has evolved, and it is interesting to see whether or not people are having problems with the firmware itself.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 21:40
Probably too small a sample to be representative overall. It tells me that 81.2% of those that tried were successful in completing the update to V01.04.0400 on the Mavic Pro or Platinum. It gives no indication as to whether the updates were done using DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2. And that alone could account for the 18.8% update failures.
It only covers the installation and it gives no indication and no detail at all of any problems that people may have had  with the firmware after they'd completed installation.
You yourself would fall into the success category in that poll, you successfully upgraded your machine, yet have reported a couple of problems with your machine.

I would really hope that most firmware updates attempts don't end with install failure rate of 18.8%.  
Seems like that is abnormally high attempted failure rate.  Which would point to something about some Mavic Pros is causing them to reject .0400 FW.  

One possibility I can think of is those Mavic Pros weren't running Firmware that was compatible with install of .0400 FW.  Perhaps those Mavic Pros were running something prior to .0100?
2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 21:52
I would really hope that most firmware updates attempts don't end with install failure rate of 18.8%.  
Seems like that is abnormally high attempted failure rate.  Which would point to something about some Mavic Pros is causing them to reject .0400 FW.  

"I would really hope that most firmware updates attempts don't end with install failure rate of 18.8%.  "

That seems to be what the poll suggests, whatever the cause is.

2018-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 21:52

You spoke of earlier versions, this other thread might give some explanation, and maybe one reason for not allowing earlier rollbacks than V01.04.0100:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D392%26typeid%3D392
2018-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 21:40
Probably too small a sample to be representative overall. It tells me that 81.2% of those that tried were successful in completing the update to V01.04.0400 on the Mavic Pro or Platinum. It gives no indication as to whether the updates were done using DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2. And that alone could account for the 18.8% update failures.
It only covers the installation and it gives no indication and no detail at all of any problems that people may have had  with the firmware after they'd completed installation.

The problem with polls on this forum, usually they are presented by someone who is having a problem. And that parts is fine.
Those visiting the poll who have problems are more likely to take the opportunity to register their dismay, those without problems can’t be bothered or just want the 2 points, we see in all polls a huge number of views , but a paltry number voting.
So if you have a poll and let’s say 300 visit and only 10% vote, what are we to think of the 270 who don’t choose to vote. Do 50% of these have problems and won’t vote, highly unlikely around here, I would think the vast majority who visit and don’t vote are more likely to be those without any issues. Yes some people visit more than once, some have no reason to vote, it doesn’t concern them . But it still would leave a big number who just don’t vote.
It’s human nature when things are going well to leave it alone and get on with life, it’s also human nature and particularly if you have a problem to voice your protest, if given the opportunity.
So for me polls on this forum and many other forums are totally skewed, mean absolutely nothing , so should be looked at in a very jaundiced view.
2018-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Submit Polls on this forum are fairly representative of drone pilots.  Being this forum has a lot of members posting or looking at threads involving Pictures, Videos, Vacation, and Historical spots of interest.  Along with lots of tips and information on taking flying for purpose of taking and editing Pictures and videos.
2018-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

How are they representing users, if less than 10% of viewers vote in these polls, most polls are set up here because of user having some difficulties, 8 to 10% is nowhere near a quorum to make any poll valid.
2018-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 22:46
You spoke of earlier versions, this other thread might give some explanation, and maybe one reason for not allowing earlier rollbacks than V01.04.0100:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=137389&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D392%26typeid%3D392

If I am getting gist of that thread and what you are hinting at...   It is something I was aware, having seen such issues many moons ago.
Explaining why when I updated MPp and RC, I stepped through the updates vs. jumping from .0100 to .0400.

I still believe that DJI's Updating software is a major factor in: updates not installing, updates that fail causing issues such as Bricking, and updates that install but result in flaky flying problems possibly due to corruption or not initializing memory storage areas.

Main reason being, we keep seeing DJI (and others here) telling people having problems to refresh the firmware.  Which in some cases resolves their problem.  That absolutely should not be happening.  Leading to, DJI's Updating software is not verifying what it is supposed to change.  Leaving us a Mushrooms, unaware of botched Update.

Knowing this is why I choose to refresh .0400 after having already install .0400 on MPp and RC.  Perhaps I should have done another Refresh, and another Refresh?  

2018-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Can we keep focused on the successes or failings of the 01.04.0400 firmware please, rather than polls or update successes or failures.
2018-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-20 09:44
Can we keep focused on the successes or failings of the 01.04.0400 firmware please, rather than polls or update successes or failures.

Yes sir Captain, when I came in conversation seemed to be centring on polls, my apologies .
2018-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-20 09:34
How are they representing users, if less than 10% of viewers vote in these polls, most polls are set up here because of user having some difficulties, 8 to 10% is nowhere near a quorum to make any poll valid.

An opinion, not supported by Pollsters.
Polls are not about having a quorum number.  Quorum is minimum number of members a legislative body must have present, to proceed.

Do you really think when Pollsters ask how many people approved of or disapproved of former President Obama or President Trump's performance, the Pollsters asked 20% of American voters (235,248,000)?  Try a number around 1,500** American voters or roughly 0.001161% of number Americans (129,151,152) who voted in 2012 Presidential Election.

** The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 1,500 Likely Voters is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence
2018-7-20
Use props
Pekik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995397 ft
Indonesia

Install 01.04.0400 with no problem,
Got problem with DJI GO 4 ver 0.20 and 0.21 for android: pixelated and video lag, lost cinnection
change to .16 , work flawlessly..
2018-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-20 09:44
Can we keep focused on the successes or failings of the 01.04.0400 firmware please, rather than polls or update successes or failures.

We view success and failings differently.  When an update does not complete, especially after couple attempts, that is a failure.  When an update does not complete and bricks something, that is a serious failure.  

Having done many updates and upgrades, I can tell you that management and customers do not see an incomplete upgrade or bricked system as a successful outcome.  They view it as a failure, a problem needing to be fixed, and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.
2018-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-20 10:11
We view success and failings differently.  When an update does not complete, especially after couple attempts, that is a failure.  When an update does not complete and bricks something, that is a serious failure.  

Having done many updates and upgrades, I can tell you that management and customers do not see an incomplete upgrade or bricked system as a successful outcome.  They view it as a failure, a problem needing to be fixed, and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.

You are correct, it is a failure, but it is not the failure under discussion in this thread. Please stick to the success or failure of the firmware itself. Threads become meaningless once they become a tangle of all different problems, then nothing specific gets highlighted or resolved.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-19 14:07
What's false, and what problems did you have with the V01.04.0400 firmware on your Mavic Pro ?

I saw that, the video is unclear, the drone is not stable in stationary flight, it detects obstacles well, but continues to approach the obstacle, and the engine turns faster when it is still on the ground and with miss, translated by google from French.
2018-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW Posted at 2018-7-21 04:05
I saw that, the video is unclear, the drone is not stable in stationary flight, it detects obstacles well, but continues to approach the obstacle, and the engine turns faster when it is still on the ground and with miss, translated by google from French.

Have you tried calibrating the IMU, Gimbal & VPS (VPS using DJI Assistant 2 and PC) after the upgrade, that should help with stability when hovering. Also check all settings in DJI Go 4 for anything that may have reverted to default.

A camera reset might help if there are problems with the video stability or focusing (you have auto focus set ?).
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-21 04:31
Have you tried calibrating the IMU, Gimbal & VPS (VPS using DJI Assistant 2 and PC) after the upgrade, that should help with stability when hovering. Also check all settings in DJI Go 4 for anything that may have reverted to default.

A camera reset might help if there are problems with the video stability or focusing (you have auto focus set ?).

ok thank you I'll see all this again.
2018-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

After 4 weeks using Mavic Pro 0.400 , mostly with CS 5.5 and iPhone 7, I have found Mavic Pro to be flying really well, I’m not suffering from pixelated or disconnects when using crystal sky on 0.4.21. And iOS on 0.4.22 also no problems, for some reason I have noticed Mavic Pro behaving extremely well perfect hovering flying straight, no overheating, all auto modes working as they should.
Looking back at other FW updates .100, .200, .300, I see that after 1 month many more complaints regarding those FW updates, particularly .200 which yielded more than 3 times the complaints that .400 has for the same period.
I understand there are some having problems with new app version on Android , hopefully this can be sorted soon, but for me .400 has been best FW update this year.
2018-7-27
Use props
SEO Expert
New

Bangladesh

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 12:42
Could be.  But DJI is one that issued separate GO-4 App for CrystalSky.  

Instructions from DJI here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=150315&pid=1451621&fromuid=1516520  and follow up comment from DJI here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=150315&pid=1461126&fromuid=1516520

ok very nice post
2018-7-29
Use props
SEO Expert
New

Bangladesh

Speed governor or speed limiter is a device designed to limit the speed of vehicle like truck, schools bus, car forklift and so on. Most of the speed governors are fitted because of the government regulations. Nowadays, we are rearching and developing the devices as a fleet management tool. With the function real-time tracking, Geo-fence, and data recorded, the speed limiters are widely adapted by some government like Kenya, Nigeria and also some fleet teams. For the safety, the school buses and buses team should be installed the devices properly. Also about the forklift speed limiter, it's a great tool to reduce the accidents and discipline the forklift team. With the lower prices but good quality control, the devices will save you a lot of costs in the very short time. For OEM/ODM to customize the functions you like, you can also contact us.
2018-7-29
Use props
SEO Expert
New

Bangladesh

Speed governor or speed limiter is a device designed to limit the speed of vehicle like truck, schools bus, car forklift and so on. Most of the speed governors are fitted because of the government regulations. Nowadays, we are rearching and developing the devices as a fleet management tool. With the function real-time tracking, Geo-fence, and data recorded, the speed limiters are widely adapted by some government like Kenya, Nigeria and also some fleet teams. For the safety, the school buses and buses team should be installed the devices properly. Also about the forklift speed limiter, it's a great tool to reduce the accidents and discipline the forklift team. With the lower prices but good quality control, the devices will save you a lot of costs in the very short time. For OEM/ODM to customize the functions you like, you can also contact us.
2018-7-29
Use props
Low_Riffer
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-8 09:24
So the problem seems to arise with DJI Go 4 V4.2.20 (Android ? as iOS is now at V4.2.22).

I know it's been quite sometime.....but I haven't had a lot time to reply. I've had a few flights after downgrading that were great....yet I have had a few flights that rendered me the same issues. I'm still very disgruntled and not pleased with the reliability of my video transimission since upgrading and downgrading. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate.
2018-8-26
Use props
Low_Riffer
lvl.1

Low_Riffer Posted at 2018-8-26 13:27
I know it's been quite sometime.....but I haven't had a lot time to reply. I've had a few flights after downgrading that were great....yet I have had a few flights that rendered me the same issues. I'm still very disgruntled and not pleased with the reliability of my video transimission since upgrading and downgrading. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate.

Yes Andriod
2018-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Low_Riffer Posted at 2018-8-26 13:27

I doubt it is firmware related but more likely to be some inconsistency between the DJI Go 4 App' and your Android device. I would make sure all is up to date again with latest versions. I've read some reports of improvement in the video stream on Android using the latest DJI Go 4 V4.3.0.
2018-8-26
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553602 ft
Ukraine

I had the problem with DJI app disconnection while flying this weekend, the drone was like 20 meters away from me and RC did not lose connection, only phone app. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by DJI app update released recently and automatically installed from play store, because last time I had this issue after an update too about 8-9 months ago.
I decided to upgrade firmware to see if it will fix the problem, but looks like it did not. I just got the same app disconnection after taking of and hovering for 30 seconds at home 2 meters away from the RC.

I'm going to test some more, will try to reinstall the app and install an older version. I hate that I have to disable updates on my phone just because DJI does not bother to test their stuff.

Samsung Galaxy S8+
DJI GO 4.3.0
2018-8-28
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Ukraine

I re-installed the app and everything went good during last 2 flights.
It seems like most of the problems are caused by combination of new app version and old firmware version
2018-8-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

yolesnoobs123 Posted at 2018-8-30 04:57
I re-installed the app and everything went good during last 2 flights.
It seems like most of the problems are caused by combination of new app version and old firmware version

That sounds promising, is that you now using latest firmware on Mavic Pro, an latest DJI Go 4 App’’ ?
2018-8-30
Use props
yolesnoobs123
lvl.2
Ukraine

yes, that's correct

device - Samsung Galaxy S8+
app - DJI GO 4.3.0
firmware - 01.04.0400
2018-8-31
Use props
graduateduser
lvl.1

Bangladesh

I've not tested them as yet, if all works well I might try one, and if all doesn't go well then I'll find out soon enough.
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules