LG V30/Mavic Pro Connection Issue
2327 9 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SquidInk43
lvl.1

Hi everyone,

I just had my LG G5 replaced with a new LG V30 and now I am unable to fly my drone. When I connect my phone to the RC controller the USB connection repeatedly disconnects with the DJI Go app. The app will show "enter device"(When the usb connection temporarily works) but the actual drone(MP) is disconnected. The software on my phone is up to date. The DJI Go app is the most recent version.

A week before I got my new phone my Mavic Pro was experiencing some electromagnetic interference, I don't think there was interference, I think it was a bug with the drone hardware or something but it did cause my drone to crash. After that I noticed the drone was not behaving properly, it would drift upwards here and there, and occasionally the directional movement would be drifty as well. I can't check to see if calibration is the issue here because of the problem with my phone.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Do I need to replace the phone, the drone, or both? Or are there settings that need to be adjusted I am unaware of? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI go app.

2018-7-4
Use props
SquidInk43
lvl.1

Just to clarify, I am using the DJI GO 4 app.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that. May I know if you are wearing watch or any accessory that has metal on it? If the drone already experienced a crash, you need to send the drone to us for repair. Kindly follow this link: (https://repair.dji.com/repair/index). Please check the attachment below for recommended devices for your drone.

2018-7-4
Use props
SquidInk43
lvl.1

I just used an iphone with it and it seemed like it was completely normal. The phone might be the only issue here. Anyone flying with the LG V30?
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SquidInk43 Posted at 2018-7-4 11:09
I just used an iphone with it and it seemed like it was completely normal. The phone might be the only issue here. Anyone flying with the LG V30?

You might be encountered a connection issue if we're using an incompatible device with our DJI GO 4 apps because the phone was not tested and our app is not optimized yet with the phone that we're currently using, however, we will forward this concern to our R&D engineers for consideration.
2018-7-4
Use props
fans67a7318d
New

United States

SquidInk43 Posted at 2018-7-4 11:09
I just used an iphone with it and it seemed like it was completely normal. The phone might be the only issue here. Anyone flying with the LG V30?

I thought I was the only one flying with the V30 and having this problem. I flew it 4 times after I bought it with 0 issues and then out of no where I had the same problem as you explained it. My Mavic almost flew away because of this problem PLEASE fix this for the LG users.
2018-8-28
Use props
SquidInk43
lvl.1
United States

fans67a7318d Posted at 2018-8-28 05:57
I thought I was the only one flying with the V30 and having this problem. I flew it 4 times after I bought it with 0 issues and then out of no where I had the same problem as you explained it. My Mavic almost flew away because of this problem PLEASE fix this for the LG users.

Recently I updated the firmware and the usb connection issue doesn't happen anymore(whne I first connect it). It will disconnect mid-flight at random times though. For the most part it works fine, it doesn't disconnect every single time I fly it, but I do have to make sure my return home info is programmed correctly or I will risk damage to the drone. It sucks. Hopefully the next update will fix this, I'd expect it to be soon now that the MP2 is out.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_Jr794wJ8gw0u
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic pro-drone and I'm using an lgv30 phone. I see that people with this phone are having problems with the Drone staying connected and was wondering if anything has been done to update the software before I try to fly this for my first time
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_Jr794wJ8gw0u
lvl.1

United States

SquidInk43 Posted at 2018-7-4 08:00
Just to clarify, I am using the DJI GO 4 app.

I also have the lgv30 and just purchased the mavic pro Platinum. I have never phone one of these drones. It's an expensive piece of equipment and I'm not comfortable flying this until I know something has been done about the app for this issue. Have they updated the software needed to make this compatible?
2020-5-7
Use props
Bl
New

United States

I have been having this issue with connecting to my LG v30+. I have since noted that the great USB-c USb cords I purchased from Anker don't seem to work with my phone anymore. Don't know what happened, but my phone will recognize the charging cord that came with it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I switched to my laptop and tried both cords, and lo and behold it did the same thing. I am finding that the phone just will not enter the tethering mode with anything but the charging cord it came with. This has got me puzzled. But at least I can fly my drone with my LG charging cord. Thank goodness I most often fly with my I-pad mini 4!
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules