My Phantom 4 Pro has stuck propeller
5977 17 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans59e854e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41214 ft

Happy 4th Everyone -

My Phantom 4 Pro has a propeller that won’t come off when I try and twist it. Any suggestions on how to get it off without messing up the gear.  

Thanks

Ken
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Ken, we are sorry to hear that we cannot remove the propellers on your Phantom 4 Pro. Just to clarify are we using a quick release propellers or the low noise props? Also check if the color of the props matches the ones on the motors (indicated by silver and black rings as shown below)

2018-7-4
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope your pushing the blade in a downward motion then twist where the arrows indicates direction.
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Was this rotor blade sticking before this?

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
fans59e854e8
lvl.1

Natalia -

I am using the quick release propeller.  I have confirmed the black propeller matches the black motor.  This is the first time this has happened.  
2018-7-5
Use props
fans59e854e8
lvl.1

Yes, I am pushing the blade ina downward motion and twisting in the direction of the arrows.  
2018-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once youve twisted just pull it off, not much else you can do chap, its got to come off either way
2018-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-5 21:29
Once youve twisted just pull it off, not much else you can do chap, its got to come off either way

Sounds like it isn’t unclipping when pushed down and twisted.

Not sure how that would have happened. Must be frustrating though...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's gotta come off regardless, worst case it will need a new base plate, best case, he aint doing it 100% right, push harder, dont be shy with it, like i said, its gotta come off.....
2018-7-6
Use props
MFDB
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue now. I remove them all the time for transport, but I now have one that you can push down, but once you try to rotate it, it won't spin. Now what?

OP, what did you end up having to do? Since no one really had any helpful advice. Lol
2020-3-4
Use props
fans59e854e8
lvl.1
United States

Hey!  I hate to say it, but follow Bashy’s response above.  You have to use a little force and twist then pull.  I actually ended up damaging the Propeller Mounting Plate when I used some force, but it was very inexpensive to replace and easily fixed.  They are sold on amazon for a few dollars.

Good luck!  Please post your fix, so others know what to do.

KA
2020-3-4
Use props
frandenrdennisfrantz.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

MFDB Posted at 3-4 12:29
I have the same issue now. I remove them all the time for transport, but I now have one that you can push down, but once you try to rotate it, it won't spin. Now what?

OP, what did you end up having to do? Since no one really had any helpful advice. Lol

I have 4 Phantom 4 Pros. Both V1 and V2. The just received a new Phantom 4 V2 and it came with the new low noise 9455S quick release propellers. After I struggled to get one of the black blades on, I worked for 30 minutes trying to get it off. After much effort, I did manage to remove it without damaging the new Phantom 4 V2. I have been flying the Phantom 4 for years and I have never had trouble before. I tried the new props on my other 3 Phantom 4s and could not get them on. There is something wrong with these new propellers.
2020-3-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Push and just twist it off hard and see what happens.
2020-3-14
Use props
ReppocMike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1627667 ft
Finland

Hi I have same issue with black propellers. Both black are stuck. These are new propeller first time use. This sound like poor quality to me. Any good tips how to fix this?
2020-5-7
Use props
Ian R
New
United Kingdom

Hi I have just purchased Phantom 4 Pro + V.2 and the low noise props are hard to get on either colour and I have 2 sets no problems with the ordinary props this must be a fault with the low noise any suggestions I have tried contacting DJI but no response as yet
2020-10-6
Use props
fans6637603c
New

South Africa

Hi everyone. I had same problem. Found out it was the little countersunk bolts that hold down the propellor mount. One had come loose and was preventing the prop from being depressed far enough to twist off. Tightened it up and problem gone. Hope this helps
2020-10-6
Use props
fansdf9f8d6a
New

United States

frandenrdennisfrantz.com Posted at 3-11 07:13
I have 4 Phantom 4 Pros. Both V1 and V2. The just received a new Phantom 4 V2 and it came with the new low noise 9455S quick release propellers. After I struggled to get one of the black blades on, I worked for 30 minutes trying to get it off. After much effort, I did manage to remove it without damaging the new Phantom 4 V2. I have been flying the Phantom 4 for years and I have never had trouble before. I tried the new props on my other 3 Phantom 4s and could not get them on. There is something wrong with these new propellers.

Hi all.
I believe that the problem is in the manufacturing. I just purchased a new pro v2 with the low noise blades. They are machined just a wee bit too tight it seems. Hard to get in securely and just about impossible to get off.
I wound up using a small rubber strap wrench to hold the motor and the blades go on and off easily like in our old phantom.
Hopefully, they wear just a tad from use!
2020-10-15
Use props
POIAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5100614 ft
Canada

Recently had the same issue in trying to do an IMU calibration.  You don't "HAVE TO" remove the props, but the system was flying a bit weird and not straight during some low winds and as such after my flights decided to go ahead and try.  Found the same with the sticky props so just left it until I got home.  In trying not to break the plastic (that's how tight these things are on) and in reading some posts, I grabbed my rubber work gloves and off they came with a bit of extra force.  But instead of using a pry bar or some kind of method, the rubber work gloves helped to not only hold the motor and the prop firm but protect my fingers from the blades.  Those low noise props are very sharp in order to cut the wind more quietly so in working with them I didn't cut my fingers or anything, but I've had them nick me pretty good while moving the unit from my setup table to my launch area and have the wind spin up the props on me while holding it.  Be careful to not only break the unit while trying to reef these things off, but watch your hands and fingers as well!   Safe flying!
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules