Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm Still Too Cautious
625 10 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4

I wanted to fly directly over the stadium, aim the camera down and fill the frame with the football field. But I was afraid I couldn't get the drone up to altitude it needed and then maneuver it around so everything was centered up. Plus to get that shot I may have had to take the drone byond my line of sight. I was afraid I didn’t have time. I’ll get better

DJI_0497_Processed (Custom).jpg

2018-7-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Still very nice picture. Why don't you ask permission to fly it from within the Stadium so you will have better Signal and can even keep it in VLOS ?
2018-7-4
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4

Good idea but who do u ask? Someone in Athletic Dept maybe?
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool shot.      
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nucmanchh Posted at 2018-7-4 15:28

Whoever is legally responsible for the management of the complex - if privately owned. What we would call the freeholder.
2018-7-5
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

nice shot.
i wanted to do the same here but it's a restricted zone. restricted by the app. i was talking to the security at the stadium and they allowed me but i couldn't take off..
2018-7-5
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Great photo nevertheless. I didn't fly over the stadium I posted a photo of the other day for the same reason.
2018-7-5
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2018-7-4 15:28

Years back I went to KSU stadium with my kids.  We found an open door and walked in.  Talked to the first person I ran into to ask if we could go out to the field.  Just wanted my son to see inside the stadium.   They walked me to the person to ask and he walked me out to the field.   
Now, I wasn't flying a drone at the time.  But he let my kid run out on the field and stand in the center.  Got some great shots from the stands.

Just have to ask.  I've found generally people are very happy to let you do things like this.
2018-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shot.
2018-7-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain