Can I download using USB cable.
5620 13 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13346 ft
United Kingdom

If I want to use the data on my SD card, I remove it from Spark and put it in a card reader.

Should I be able to download data from the card using the USB cable? If so, it is not showing up in File Explorer.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You may try to export your pictures/videos on the DJI Go 4 app itself. Just go to Editor on the first page of the app.
2018-7-5
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

OK many thanks for that. I will give it a try.
2018-7-6
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Was hoping to find a better answer ... Will have to try this myself tonight.  Did you power up your Spark before or after connecting it to the PC?
Since you have to open up the back on the spark to gain access to the USB port, i have just found it easier to remove the SD card.
In that way I dont have to load up a battery, power up the spark, and then connect to my PC.

Wanda is correct (obviously! haha) to download to the DJI Go4 app, but that only gets them to my phone.  If I want to do some edits on my PC the DJI app doesn't help me.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-6 08:32
Was hoping to find a better answer ... Will have to try this myself tonight.  Did you power up your Spark before or after connecting it to the PC?
Since you have to open up the back on the spark to gain access to the USB port, i have just found it easier to remove the SD card.
In that way I dont have to load up a battery, power up the spark, and then connect to my PC.

Hi, ideally aircraft should be turned on before connecting to the PC. But you are right much better if you just remove the SD card for quicker transfer. Thank You.
2018-7-6
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

Yes, I turned spark on and computer gave a signal acknowledging the connection but it does not show up in file explorer. I find removing the SD card very fiddly. I just wanted to know if  it should be possible to do a transfer with a USB cable and that I have an incorrect setting somewhere or is it completely impossible? I guess I could export the card data to my phone storage and then download that but that again is very fiddly and I may have storage issues.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MikB Posted at 2018-7-6 10:27
Yes, I turned spark on and computer gave a signal acknowledging the connection but it does not show up in file explorer. I find removing the SD card very fiddly. I just wanted to know if  it should be possible to do a transfer with a USB cable and that I have an incorrect setting somewhere or is it completely impossible? I guess I could export the card data to my phone storage and then download that but that again is very fiddly and I may have storage issues.

Hi there. It's completely possible as long its a working USB cable. You can use the cable that came with your mobile phone.
2018-7-6
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

Thank you Gamora. Now I am certain it does work, I will continue t check my settings (and cable) to find out why it is not showing up.
2018-7-9
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

I use a Windows 10 computer and have found that the Spark has to be powered up and then wait till the power-on sequence of the Spark is completed before plugging in the USB cable.  
2018-7-9
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

Thanks for that Zarc. That is exactly what I had been doing without success. Then I changed the battery. Although the Spark powered up OK with only a single LED lit up, I still could not read the SD card. I put in a fresh battery and Bingo - everything worked. Thanks to everyone on here for their help. I have been using the Spark for nearly a year now and am still learning. I have found it a great reliable machine - but I stopped updating at version 4.1.15.
2018-7-10
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikB Posted at 2018-7-10 04:11
Thanks for that Zarc. That is exactly what I had been doing without success. Then I changed the battery. Although the Spark powered up OK with only a single LED lit up, I still could not read the SD card. I put in a fresh battery and Bingo - everything worked. Thanks to everyone on here for their help. I have been using the Spark for nearly a year now and am still learning. I have found it a great reliable machine - but I stopped updating at version 4.1.15.

Mike, remember, there are three different kinds of USB cables that will connect to the Spark:
1) Charging
2) Data transfer
3) Charging & data transfer

if the cable does not work, try another.
2018-7-10
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

Yes I was aware of that Doc but thanks for the idea. I have struggled with charge only cables, before realising they could be different. I only keep type 3 charge/data now.
2018-7-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The USB port on the Spark is for charging only...from my knowledge, you cannot use the port to download from the inserted card.
2018-7-10
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
France

Sorry Rustic but I am afraid you are wrong. I just downloaded files from the SD on the Spark to my PC via an USB cable.  Check Doc's post re cables, make sure Spark is ON and that battery is charged, if you are having problems.
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules