Lightbridge vs P3 Lightbridge
1303 0 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I can go over 3km with my phantom 3 professional with perfect video feed and full signal on video and control,  but the lightbridge system i bought for my F550 will show 85% signal with the f550 10ft away..  i can get the 1.7km out of it they advertise but not with a good video feed.  It will be ok for 500 meters or so but not anything like lightbridge in my p3 and between 500 to 1700 meters the video scrambles. And just isn't good.

I noticed on my p3 it looks like 4 lightbridge antennas on the p3 copter. 1 going down each leg of the landing gear which I can see helping when the p3 is traveling different directions but not much more...  i also notice the antennas on my p3's controller are flat instead of round like on the external  lightbridge system on my f550.  I know the external lightbridge systems antennas have about a 2dbi gain on them but I'm thinking the p3's controller antennas are a type of patch antenna with a much higher gain and i think that because they are flat like most normal patch antennas and has a much higher gain.  Can anyone tell me if im correct? And also tell me how to get my hands on some patch antennas for the ground unit part of my lightbridge system on my f550? It came with patch antennas for the air unit but those are only good if you fly forward away from the pilot and backwards back to the pilot.  Directional antennas ate much better used on the stationary end of the system.

Also,  I know in the usa lightbridge can put out more power than in other areas of the world so how can I set lightbridge or my p3 to the us so i get the full 100mw of power vs the 75mw that make it CE legal?

I'm extremely happy with my p3 pro and lightbridge in it,  but I haven't really used my f550 much since I put lightbridge on it because how it's been working..

I wish dji made antenna mounts for the f450 and f550 like they do for the S800 And up

Thanks

-Mark

2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules