DJI SPARK - Downward infrared sensor failure
6016 8 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newuser_9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5942 ft
United States

Yesterday I was flying my Spark at around 360FT when I got this message - Downward infrared sensor failure ; Land immediately!
The weather was sort of of humid, as it rained earlier in the day. It probable was more humid at that altitude.

I landed the AC without any issuse (grabbed it in the air).

Afterwards I tried some landings and hoovering around and it seems everything is fine. The message no longer popping up.

Shall I be concerned at this moment?
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you had an issue with regards to your downward sensor. I'm pretty sure its only about the humid weather, moist affecting the sensor could be a big factor. You did mention that it did well during tested landings and hovering around.  I suggest just keep the aircraft updated, RC calibrated and updated as well and everything's going to be perfect. Have a safe flight always.
2018-7-5
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hi Newuser_9, this was probably due to haze cause by a humid day, just like flying in fog.  Sensor may have gotten moisture on them giving you a warning and altitude might have also contributed to sensors not reading its bearing correctly.  Glad you got it back, safe and sound.
2018-7-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Got the same this morning. It's misty today so I think that is a point.
2019-1-25
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20909 ft
United Kingdom

The only time i had that problem is when i used so helecopter like feet....It really doesnt like obstructions underneath
2019-1-27
Use props
fans77dbceec
New

Malta

Can some one help me pls I can’t fix it
2019-2-17
Use props
fans77dbceec
New

Malta

2019-2-17
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

fans77dbceec Posted at 2-17 01:45

what was happening
2019-2-17
Use props
TaipeiGuru
New
United States

Whenever I flew my Spark, a warning always popped up saying "Downward infrared sensor failure - land immediately". This morning, I checked my Spark and noticed that one of the three sensors on the bottom of the aircraft had came out and was missing. Is this a normal thing? What should I do?
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules