Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-7-6 11:28
First legitimate photo of it I have seen yet. Specs would be nice. Camera looks pretty neat.

Based on it's size I'm thinking this new model has at least 30minutes of fly time.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Defiantly, some significant differences (upgrades) to the gimbal.    Removable/Replaceable ??  Hmm....
2018-7-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, this thing looks huge.  The camera looks super trick.  Damn it DJI, I don’t need another drone.
2018-7-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

Noticed their not using the 8331 props, I wonder if it is using the MPP hardware? maybe some marketing stregety going on here, Mavic 2, Mavic Pro 2, Mavic Pro Platinum 2?
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-7-6 13:29
[view_image]

Detachable gimbal? Some spec leaks wold be nice...

u mean the bottom left thing?  looks like a new osmo pro using mavic 2 camera...  interesting

2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The rear arms look a lot lower to that of the front. Are those side sensors near the rear of the drone? Definitely larger motors, wider props and forward avoidance sensors (but not winglet tipped for noise reduction). Detachable gimbal for different camera options... The battery looks to have a side release system - does that mean room for upward avoidance so 6 directions now with the side ones? What are those black rubber markings at the front of the arms below the motors - May be omnidirectional antenna for improved range? I can imagine this thing will be packed with the latest tech. It will not be cheap for sure but looks very impressive.
2018-7-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-7-6 11:28
First legitimate photo of it I have seen yet. Specs would be nice. Camera looks pretty neat.

I am very sure that these are fake photos! ;-)
2018-7-6
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

What's that thing in the upper left corner?  It looks like a omni directional wheeled radio controlled craft?
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 13:32
The rear arms look a lot lower to that of the front. Are those side sensors near the rear of the drone? Definitely larger motors, wider props and forward avoidance sensors (but not winglet tipped for noise reduction). Detachable gimbal for different camera options... The battery looks to have a side release system - does that mean room for upward avoidance so 6 directions now with the side ones? What are those black rubber markings at the front of the arms below the motors - May be omnidirectional antenna for improved range? I can imagine this thing will be packed with the latest tech. It will not be cheap for sure but looks very impressive.

sad if its going to be $1600-$2000. as sexy as it is, i'm just going to have to wait till it cheapens up or goes on refurbished side of the site.  

as for what the size rubber looking things are, my guess is IR sensors for narrow sensing like 5-10 feet sensing...

the rear side OA sensor looks like its in a bit of a stupid place i agree, probably going to be picking up alot of the prop washing things through it like leaves and thing bugs.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-6 13:43
sad if its going to be $1600-$2000. as sexy as it is, i'm just going to have to wait till it cheapens up or goes on refurbished side of the site.  

It's is bound to be more than the MPP for sure. Perhaps one camera has a micro sensor for a cheaper price and the other is a 1" sensor with dual codec and mechanical shutter etc to drive the $1500 to nearer a $2K tag (IMO)

Interesting looking thing - I agree, not for me either. I don't need something that big. This will be for those looking to move away from the Phantom line to a more portable solution or those with an MP/P looking for that camera upgrade. Definitely a top prosumer grade product. I doubt MA owners will go for it if portability remains as important not to mention it probably being nearly twice the price.

Rear side sensors do look odd unless they are large enough to see the whole 90 degrees - they look more like cameras than IR though so may be able to use them in all modes like active track, POI and probably a load of new ones they are working on.

Definitely an interesting looking design and the most plausible and realistic leak I have seen so far.
2018-7-6
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 13:55
It's is bound to be more than the MPP for sure. Perhaps one camera has a micro sensor for a cheaper price and the other is a 1" sensor with dual codec and mechanical shutter etc to drive the $1500 to nearer a $2K tag (IMO)

Interesting looking thing - I agree, not for me either. I don't need something that big. This will be for those looking to move away from the Phantom line to a more portable solution or those with an MP/P looking for that camera upgrade. Definitely a top prosumer grade product. I doubt MA owners will go for it if portability remains as important not to mention it probably being nearly twice the price.

" This will be for those looking to move away from the Phantom line to a more portable solution or those with an MP/P looking for that camera upgrade. Definitely a top prosumer grade product."

Considering the proposed new European regulations in which the Phantom line does not have a great future, that would make perfect sense, including a proposed higher price tag.
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 13:55
It's is bound to be more than the MPP for sure. Perhaps one camera has a micro sensor for a cheaper price and the other is a 1" sensor with dual codec and mechanical shutter etc to drive the $1500 to nearer a $2K tag (IMO)

i just sense it though, dji will add the cherry on top and make me have to have it by added an Ai based predictive activetrack to compete with the Skydio R1 and and i will have to have it.  haha, it kill me though because ill have to wait, i'm not allowed to spend that much money on "toys".   i had a hard time convincing my GF i needed to spend $4,300 on a new ATV last year for the trails and i actually needed that so i can haul things in and out of the smaller trails where my larger equipment doesnt fit, plus i just love playing
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-6 14:03
i just sense it though, dji will add the cherry on top and make me have to have it by added an Ai based predictive activetrack to compete with the Skydio R1 and and i will have to have it.  haha, it kill me though because ill have to wait, i'm not allowed to spend that much money on "toys".   i had a hard time convincing my GF i needed to spend $4,300 on a new ATV last year for the trails and i actually needed that so i can haul things in and out of the smaller trails where my larger equipment doesnt fit, plus i just love playing

Definitely mate - they will load that thing up with tech I'm not even aware of. AI predictive AT will take smart capture to the next major level. It will probably have APAS in Sport mode too. Quick shots - just use your imagination. And it won't be a WiFi transmission that is for sure lol Prob HD OcuSync 2 with a 10km range.

It's very tempting if any of those specs do come to fruition but if it is £2K... - nah! I'll pass.
2018-7-6
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd rather have them take their time getting a product out, than rushing it to market and causing problems.
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-6 15:16
I'd rather have them take their time getting a product out, than rushing it to market and causing problems.

wouldn't we all?  but that's not Dji's method.. they have plenty to fix with existing products, but yet still all kinds of broken that exists...  
2018-7-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-6 13:34

I'm going the other direction and thinking these are legit.  If they're not, we'll...someone has a lot of free time on their hands to develop this mock-up that certainly has the look and feel of a DJI product.  It's form factor and appearance certainly seems to fit in line with previous models.  Though it does look a little more bulky than I would have thought.  Certainly has a lot of detail in this pic which I really think would be hard to replicate if it were fake.  I could be totally off base here...just my two cents.

As I said before, we'll all find out soon enough.  Perhaps it's just a proto-type of another model they were working on...but certainly could pack quite a few new features into this thing based on it's size and shape.  Stay tuned...  
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-7-7 11:44
I'm going the other direction and thinking these are legit.  If they're not, we'll...someone has a lot of free time on their hands to develop this mock-up that certainly has the look and feel of a DJI product.  It's form factor and appearance certainly seems to fit in line with previous models.  Though it does look a little more bulky than I would have thought.  Certainly has a lot of detail in this pic which I really think would be hard to replicate if it were fake.  I could be totally off base here...just my two cents.

As I said before, we'll all find out soon enough.  Perhaps it's just a proto-type of another model they were working on...but certainly could pack quite a few new features into this thing based on it's size and shape.  Stay tuned...

After some more thought I have to unfortunately agree with you. What we seem to see here is a replication of the Karma with better technology (removable camera/gimbal with holding stick to be used like the Osmo). The camera/gimbal reminds me of the Spark though.
If what we see on these pictures is what we are going to be presented on whatever date, I am rather disappointed and it won't be for me for sure. And to make it worse, the device I see on the pictures is really uggly, sorry to say it so frankly... I had really hoped that Mavic Air had shaped the future design path for at least the nearer future. But we shall see...
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-7-7 11:44
I'm going the other direction and thinking these are legit.  If they're not, we'll...someone has a lot of free time on their hands to develop this mock-up that certainly has the look and feel of a DJI product.  It's form factor and appearance certainly seems to fit in line with previous models.  Though it does look a little more bulky than I would have thought.  Certainly has a lot of detail in this pic which I really think would be hard to replicate if it were fake.  I could be totally off base here...just my two cents.

As I said before, we'll all find out soon enough.  Perhaps it's just a proto-type of another model they were working on...but certainly could pack quite a few new features into this thing based on it's size and shape.  Stay tuned...

I have to say it’s a strange picture to take, why would someone take this picture, it’s definitely not a covert picture it’s way to close up for that, so sombody took the picture , I ask for what ?
2018-7-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 13:22
After some more thought I have to unfortunately agree with you. What we seem to see here is a replication of the Karma with better technology (removable camera/gimbal with holding stick to be used like the Osmo). The camera/gimbal reminds me of the Spark though.
If what we see on these pictures is what we are going to be presented on whatever date, I am rather disappointed and it won't be for me for sure. And to make it worse, the device I see on the pictures is really uggly, sorry to say it so frankly... I had really hoped that Mavic Air had shaped the future design path for at least the nearer future. But we shall see...

Yeah, a Mavic Air 2 would have been a great new release.  
2018-7-7
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Its most likely leaked by DJI to keep the interest going since there not doing the thing on the 18th. It keeps people talking and maybe prevents someone from jumping ship and buying a competitors product.
Dangle the carrot and we will just keep following blindly along.
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 15:07
I have to say it’s a strange picture to take, why would someone take this picture, it’s definitely not a covert picture it’s way to close up for that, so sombody took the picture , I ask for what ?

my GF can prove you lot wrong she knows how to get pix with her phone or even video with her gopro session without you ever noticing.  she done it many times, some people are just much more natural at it.

sure, suspicious but when arent leaked pic suspect?  they always lacking in detail like lower PPI or taking from weird angles, but that's the name of the game...

personally, i think this pix is more legit than not, biggest reason i think it is, look at the remote  kinda thing in lower left corner.. the DJI logo looks right, but pixelated but color and the sizing and placement match quality i expect from Dji. and also the barcodes, usually prototypes and early demo models will have those types of barcodes on them somewhere, anyone ever gotten early review unit of a Phone can usually attest to this. method of tracking for quality control to ensure a known good unit is being shown/demoed.  

the thing that throws me off is the naming direction change of the aircraft. not having a "pro" and using silver instead of gold, but these arent unheard of naming directions and color schemes DJi has gone for, look at the phantom..  

also pink fingernails, im 50/50 that's not typically a chinese culture thing, specially not a factory type deal.  so either means this is a unit being "sampled" by select people or this is staged and faked.  however my instinct tells me its a demo/sampling, but my common sense side of my brain says staged and faked..

the design of the aircraft makes complete sense, its evolution and making the body more sleek, i wont call this design fake or unlikely, in fact i think it is likely a design direction Dji would go.  nothing about the design that stands out as wrong either.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-7 15:40
my GF can prove you lot wrong she knows how to get pix with her phone or even video with her gopro session without you ever noticing.  she done it many times, some people are just much more natural at it.

sure, suspicious but when arent leaked pic suspect?  they always lacking in detail like lower PPI or taking from weird angles, but that's the name of the game...

See I agree with poster above, this picture was taken in front of 3 people, it may well be an early prototype, but I don’t believe this is the finished product by any means, I don’t know why, it’s just not right.
I do believe Chinese women indeed wear Nail polish, Chinese manufactur huge quantities of the stuff .
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 15:53
See I agree with poster above, this picture was taken in front of 3 people, it may well be an early prototype, but I don’t believe this is the finished product by any means, I don’t know why, it’s just not right.
I do believe Chinese women indeed wear Nail polish, Chinese manufactur huge quantities of the stuff .

cameras can fit into anything and have "decent" quality.  and 3 relatively distracted people demoing a product isn't hard to snap a pix in 1/100th of a second silently acting like checking a text or checking the time if using a smartwatch camera..

chinese/asian woman definitely do wear such stuff, however its uncommon in professional environments in china not impossible or inheard of, just uncommon.  as someone pointed out before as it being iJustine's style..

2018-7-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-6 13:34

There's something about this that looks like 'prototype' - so though this could be the next evolution of the Mavic line, the final production release could look a bit different here and there. I'm thinking back to the prototyping done at Apple and other high production companies producing consumer electronics packages. This particular model may well have been field tested and this photo taken at one of the response surgeries.  It is hard for any company to constantly out game it's self product release after product release - especially when potential customer's expectations are raised way beyond what is realisable given there are production lines still in manufacture. We shall see all in good time.
2018-7-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I "liked" this post because (snark) it gives many people who have nothing to say the space and time to say it ;-)
2018-7-8
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-5 12:43
I agree, I've told most people asking me what to buy that they should wait until July 18th unless they absolutely need something right now.  I guess that advice changes now until DJI announces a new date.

Or buy the Ego.  It's great
2018-7-8
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4

2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 13:22
If what we see on these pictures is what we are going to be presented on whatever date, I am rather disappointed and it won't be for me for sure. And to make it worse, the device I see on the pictures is really uggly, sorry to say it so frankly... I had really hoped that Mavic Air had shaped the future design path for at least the nearer future. But we shall see...

I'd definitely say it's function over form, DJI needs the Phantom line's techniques fitted in a Mavic. I think design does come second in what the try to intend to do, making a hi-quality camera drone which could and would be able to replace the Phantom in the near future. It does not need to be 'sexy', it needs to get the job done, and it needs to get the job done <900 grams.

Just looking at this picture, I think they succeeded.
2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-8 10:40
I'd definitely say it's function over form, DJI needs the Phantom line's techniques fitted in a Mavic. I think design does come second in what the try to intend to do, making a hi-quality camera drone which could and would be able to replace the Phantom in the near future. It does not need to be 'sexy', it needs to get the job done, and it needs to get the job done

All you say is correct but I stick to my opinion that the exterior design could be a bit nicer ;-) We shall see what will come out at the end. There is still no guarantee that these pictures are showing the final product. They can equally be from an early prototype. All our speculations are some fun, but we have to wait for the release date I believe.
2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-8 11:24
All you say is correct but I stick to my opinion that the exterior design could be a bit nicer ;-) We shall see what will come out at the end. There is still no guarantee that these pictures are showing the final product. They can equally be from an early prototype. All our speculations are some fun, but we have to wait for the release date I believe.

I agree, it's not the love baby the MA has turned out to be. I do think this is the real deal though and I'd be surprised if it would turn out different.
I'm more interested to see what that omnidirectional wheeled apparatus turns out to be which is in the upper left corner of the picture.
2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-8 11:36
I agree, it's not the love baby the MA has turned out to be. I do think this is the real deal though and I'd be surprised if it would turn out different.
I'm more interested to see what that omnidirectional wheeled apparatus turns out to be which is in the upper left corner of the picture.

It is probably the Mavic 2 4x4 launch carrier which is able to bring it to take off locations even in hostile environments ;-) To me the scenery looks a bit like a toy shop...
2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-8 11:49
It is probably the Mavic 2 4x4 launch carrier which is able to bring it to take off locations even in hostile environments ;-) To me the scenery looks a bit like a toy shop...

I want one!

But seriously, if it's there so a gimballed Mavic camera can be attached, it would make a cool (and probably expensive) camera dolly.
2018-7-8
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 12:57
That is definitely a possibility but still doesn't add up mate given the release of solid competitor drones that are finally not falling out of the sky and up for sale today.
The longer DJI leave this next release the more customers may switch. It's a big gamble if that is their motive.
I think they just do not have the drone ready as yet or the distribution lines are not ready - remember people were waiting 2-3 months to take delivery of the original MP in 2016 - they'll just cancel now and buy 'something else'.

yeah I made the switch today. cant be bothered with all this drama and without any reasons.
2018-7-8
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

Marcoc0202 Posted at 2018-7-5 15:00
When do you guys think they will announce it? Something like august... Or something like DECEMBER?

better to forget about it. why would you want to deal with a company like this. I feel for all the people who made travel arrangements and then found out they have lost there money. SHAME ON YOU DJI
2018-7-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-7-6 13:29
[view_image]

Detachable gimbal? Some spec leaks wold be nice...

DJI personel looking over a concept Mavic-2.  With one pointing to a prop and saying, do we really want the same boring design?  How about making props in High Visibility Pink?  Or three blades instead of two?
2018-7-8
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

All the discussion above have no meaning if MP 2 not coming. Looks like it has the same fate as the first MP launch and keep everyone waiting for months to get one. Hope this time it won’t make the customer angry like before.
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ducati1299 Posted at 2018-7-8 18:52
yeah I made the switch today. cant be bothered with all this drama and without any reasons.

And you're an Inspire pilot too?! Sad to see but understandable
2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-8 12:03
I want one!

But seriously, if it's there so a gimballed Mavic camera can be attached, it would make a cool (and probably expensive) camera dolly.

That's what it actually seems to be: https://dronedj.com/2018/07/08/w ... patent-application/
2018-7-9
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Personally it’ll be several months before I buy one anyway. I always wait on new products. Let them get all the bugs worked out.  In the meantime I’ll just keep enjoying my inspire  
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ducati1299 Posted at 2018-7-8 18:53
better to forget about it. why would you want to deal with a company like this. I feel for all the people who made travel arrangements and then found out they have lost there money. SHAME ON YOU DJI

I wonder how you would feel if fellow users, purchased a drone that was prone to crashing, because it was released in a condition that was not good for users.

If the vloggers can’t put this down to expenses, then something wrong with their business, how many times have vloggers given us faulty useless information. If their in the game then they should be well aware of such situations occurring.
2018-7-9
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-9 03:26
That's what it actually seems to be: https://dronedj.com/2018/07/08/wheels-in-mavic-2-photo-show-up-in-recent-dji-patent-application/

Ow wow! I knew I wasn't crazy, good find Wachtberger

I don't think the wheels are big because of all terrain movement like the article says though, the wheels need to be big to enable it to move in all directions, we'll be seeing drone like movement from this robot.
Here's an example movie of its movement capabilities ; https://www.videoman.gr/nl/88202
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules