Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI has CANCELLED their July 18th event
13500 204 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

In regards to robot wheeled vehicle...
What caliber is gun on turret, and how many rounds per minute?
2018-7-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-9 05:40
In regards to robot wheeled vehicle...
What caliber is gun on turret, and how many rounds per minute?

It's supposed to be high tech, so it must be a plasma ray.

(skynet is comming)
2018-7-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-9 05:13
Ow wow! I knew I wasn't crazy, good find Wachtberger

I don't think the wheels are big because of all terrain movement like the article says though, the wheels need to be big to enable it to move in all directions, we'll be seeing drone like movement from this robot.

Thank you for the video, these are amazing vehicles indeed.
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

US/China trade-War is the reason most likely. DJI software and hardware are very mature.
2018-7-9
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

What would sell Mavic 2 to me is the omni-directional obstacle avoidance. And a better camera. But especially the first thing - too many near collisions, when flying low with only two sensor directions.

As for the US trade war, why care about the insignificant economy over the pond. China has all of Eurasia and the rest of the world to sell to. Bring that Mavic 2 to to Europe!
2018-7-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Trade war means nothing.  The world is a big place and the US is just one country.
That and the price of products there is 20%+ cheaper than europe already so any tariff or price increases will still only bring them up to what it costs elsewhere.
2018-7-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 12:28
Good find KG - now I can enjoy my Mavic Air for longer and get my monies worth!

Apart from the fact that I crashed my Mavic Air and is waiting on repairs IMHO the Mavic Pro 2 will have to be a lot better than the Mavic Air before I will switch.
It is not for nothing that the MAvic Air is touted as the best drone for 2018.
2018-7-9
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 03:54
I wonder how you would feel if fellow users, purchased a drone that was prone to crashing, because it was released in a condition that was not good for users.

If the vloggers can’t put this down to expenses, then something wrong with their business, how many times have vloggers given us faulty useless information. If their in the game then they should be well aware of such situations occurring.

Why don't you go bark up someone else's tree Captain foreskin. The drone was in full production from FEB 18. There would be warehouses full of stock all boxed and ready. Do you think that its really a issue like that this close to launch. They are not rookies and they know what they are doing. This has nothing to do with your useless assumptions
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-9 14:36
Apart from the fact that I crashed my Mavic Air and is waiting on repairs IMHO the Mavic Pro 2 will have to be a lot better than the Mavic Air before I will switch.
It is not for nothing that the MAvic Air is touted as the best drone for 2018.

Indeed mate - never buy a drone just because it's new - always make sure it suits your needs
2018-7-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 22:38
Indeed mate - never buy a drone just because it's new - always make sure it suits your needs

l find in these days buying a drone you should pick one that offers good connectivity, especially if you can purchase one that has the company's best and latest technology. Hence, the Ocusync technology drones are going to provide srongest connectivity, which limits fly-away's and other complications of not having a solid connection.
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-9 22:51
l find in these days buying a drone you should pick one that offers good connectivity, especially if you can purchase one that has the company's best and latest technology. Hence, the Ocusync technology drones are going to provide srongest connectivity, which limits fly-away's and other complications of not having a solid connection.

With words like 'custodial sentences', 'terrorism investigation', 'unlimited fines', 'registration', 'aviation law' used by the British government of late is quite alarming - they're referring to the use of drones BTW...
So if I do fly the MA ever again it probably won't be further than on a piece of string mate. I won't be buying anymore drones.
2018-7-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 22:55
With words like 'custodial sentences', 'terrorism investigation', 'unlimited fines', 'registration', 'aviation law' used by the British government of late is quite alarming - they're referring to the use of drones BTW...
So if I do fly the MA ever again it probably won't be further than on a piece of string mate. I won't be buying anymore drones.

Can you get your money back if you return your MA back to DJI?
2018-7-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

So if I do fly the MA ever again it probably won't be further than on a piece of string mate. I won't be buying anymore drones.

Yeah, sad to hear. And it is always people that sit in offices that make these nonsensical phrases.
Fortunately we still live in a "lawless" land where you can murder people without worries of persecution so who will worry about "drones"
2018-7-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 22:38

So true!!
Thanks for the comment.
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-9 23:25

Not now - I bought it from Apple over 2 months ago. I can still use it but flying beyond 500m here is now a serious criminal offence - as in you can go to prison...
2018-7-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-5 12:59
i hate this f**cking thread.... i hate fanboyism so much, can you guys stop stroking Dji off ?    dji like any other company needs to continue to innovate, meet and exceed goals and need to not get caught up with complacency.

just look at Apple computers if you want a good insight into what a lack of innovation does to a company.. they are behind in computer design and tech compared to almost any other computer company, no touch screens, no tablets, no foldable designs.. just same rehashed designs from 5+ years ago, made thinner and more space grey with a touch bar that's 1/4 inch wide.  they are outclassed by many other brands and makers now a days and have very little keep people coming back.

And yet they outperform mostcomputers that are newer, hold the value better and last a lot longer. See what you mean about Apple computers. Designs get ripped off by cheap imitations that come and go and foldable tablets are inferior notebooks that can’t perform as well and really, a touch screen laptop? Just not intuitive and comfy to use.

Don’t think anyone is stroking DJI and quite often is the case that forum members vent frustrations out against DJI. If something isn’t quite right then DJI were right to postpone any future announcements.
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-9 23:26
Yeah, sad to hear. And it is always people that sit in offices that make these nonsensical phrases.
Fortunately we still live in a "lawless" land where you can murder people without worries of persecution so who will worry about "drones"

Wow - that's a scary place to live by the sound of it. I'd rather have tougher drone laws than get shot lol
2018-7-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 23:34
Wow - that's a scary place to live by the sound of it. I'd rather have tougher drone laws than get shot lol

Yeah you are correct of course
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-9 23:35
Yeah you are correct of course

Hahaha - not being shot is usually a good thing.
2018-7-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-7-9 23:30
And yet they outperform mostcomputers that are newer, hold the value better and last a lot longer. See what you mean about Apple computers. Designs get ripped off by cheap imitations that come and go and foldable tablets are inferior notebooks that can’t perform as well and really, a touch screen laptop? Just not intuitive and comfy to use.

Don’t think anyone is stroking DJI and quite often is the case that forum members vent frustrations out against DJI. If something isn’t quite right then DJI were right to postpone any future announcements.

defending apple computers poor design and the hive minded people who blindly keep buying into them doesn't make any point to help any case..

as someone who used to refurb macbook pros as a living in a shop, they are trash though.  really stupid thermal designs pretty much across entire line of macbook pros.  they always always suffer some failures, i dont think is officially any 1 generation doesn't have a fatal design flaw. even the one that i thought was best of the series, the 2015 model, that died, and i can't be bothered to repair it myself, one of the mosfets on the main power rail blew its ass out for no reason and apple wants $700 to fix a $10 part when i curiously asked them about it, on top of that the manager of the apple store said when i showed pix on my iPhone of the problem, that they wont even touch it since i removed the board.. ya, eff Apple, FYI, next week Linus Tech Tips is going to have a video come out about Apple's potentially illegal BS that they are pulling.

2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ducati1299 Posted at 2018-7-9 19:03
Why don't you go bark up someone else's tree Captain foreskin. The drone was in full production from FEB 18. There would be warehouses full of stock all boxed and ready. Do you think that its really a issue like that this close to launch. They are not rookies and they know what they are doing. This has nothing to do with your useless assumptions

We should all bow to the one that knows. You bell end.
2018-7-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 23:26
Not now - I bought it from Apple over 2 months ago. I can still use it but flying beyond 500m here is now a serious criminal offence - as in you can go to prison...

Really? Wow...
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah - flying within VLOS has always been written into the air navigation order but the latest updates have increased the punishments if caught. It's just not worth it mate.
2018-7-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-7-10 07:03
Yeah - flying within VLOS has always been written into the air navigation order but the latest updates have increased the punishments if caught. It's just not worth it mate.

Yeah I always fly VLOS. There's a good device that fits over your glasses that gives you better ability to see your drone at longer distances.
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-10 07:49
Yeah I always fly VLOS. There's a good device that fits over your glasses that gives you better ability to see your drone at longer distances.

If only I wore glasses lol
2018-7-10
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it was cancelled on the 18th I’m sure we would see some like Casey or iPhonedo making some kind of comment as you can guarantee that they both have been invited to this event, in fact if they invited 200 people for example from the press who needed to book flights for the event in New York why aren’t they moaning or showing some proof of a cancellation
2018-7-10
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Exib Posted at 2018-7-10 11:34
If it was cancelled on the 18th I’m sure we would see some like Casey or iPhonedo making some kind of comment as you can guarantee that they both have been invited to this event, in fact if they invited 200 people for example from the press who needed to book flights for the event in New York why aren’t they moaning or showing some proof of a cancellation

Actually I think Casey have already tested the new device and made a video about it. He's just waiting for the product launch so he can put it online. This is very popular way to do marketing.
2018-7-11
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I just hope DJI put a new meeting in place soon. Sold my Mavic Pro yesterday and next vacation is in October so ... I hope I can take the new toy with me :/
2018-7-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-9 23:49
defending apple computers poor design and the hive minded people who blindly keep buying into them doesn't make any point to help any case..

as someone who used to refurb macbook pros as a living in a shop, they are trash though.  really stupid thermal designs pretty much across entire line of macbook pros.  they always always suffer some failures, i dont think is officially any 1 generation doesn't have a fatal design flaw. even the one that i thought was best of the series, the 2015 model, that died, and i can't be bothered to repair it myself, one of the mosfets on the main power rail blew its ass out for no reason and apple wants $700 to fix a $10 part when i curiously asked them about it, on top of that the manager of the apple store said when i showed pix on my iPhone of the problem, that they wont even touch it since i removed the board.. ya, eff Apple, FYI, next week Linus Tech Tips is going to have a video come out about Apple's potentially illegal BS that they are pulling.

Not a case defending. I’ve never had an issue with any of my MacBooks and the fact I have one that’s 12 years and still works fine and also worth something if I decided to sell it proves my point in opinion.

Don’t know anyone that’s owned a pc based laptop across different manufacturers that have managed more than 3 years use out of them. Riddle with freeware, malware and viruses they are garbage. Worthless residuals proving a poor investment. Your story sounds like sour grapes but still, you pick what suits you best. I don’t care and nobody else’s does either.
2018-7-11
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-7-11 05:23
Not a case defending. I’ve never had an issue with any of my MacBooks and the fact I have one that’s 12 years and still works fine and also worth something if I decided to sell it proves my point in opinion.

Don’t know anyone that’s owned a pc based laptop across different manufacturers that have managed more than 3 years use out of them. Riddle with freeware, malware and viruses they are garbage. Worthless residuals proving a poor investment. Your story sounds like sour grapes but still, you pick what suits you best. I don’t care and nobody else’s does either.

As having worked in IT for 19 years, I can attest to the fact that PC laptops are used longer than 3 years.

Also, Macs do in fact get virii and malware. The issue is that Windows/PC is 88% of the market share whereas Mac is 9% so the folks writing malware are smart enough to target the majority OS. That doesn't mean Mac is not susceptible, it's just a numbers game.
2018-7-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-7-11 06:18
As having worked in IT for 19 years, I can attest to the fact that PC laptops are used longer than 3 years.

Also, Macs do in fact get virii and malware. The issue is that Windows/PC is 88% of the market share whereas Mac is 9% so the folks writing malware are smart enough to target the majority OS. That doesn't mean Mac is not susceptible, it's just a numbers game.

Like I said, I don’t know anyone that’s not had issues or very poor reliability problems with PC laptops and know an almost equal number of friends and family that use Macs have never had an issue. Definitely a numbers game.
2018-7-11
Use props
Allen Deckard
New

United States

So just out of curiosity.  Let’s say they announced they were releasing the 2 on July 18 so I’m guessing a few 2 to 4 months before it hit shelves.  
But
How long before a person could realistically get there hands on one?

I seem to remember when the Mavic was released it was 6 months or more before there wasn’t massive waiting lists.  Feel free to correct me going by memory but I’m near positive.  

Anyway bought my new Mavic Pro Platinum the other day mainly because I don’t want to wait a year to get the 2.   Who knows maybe I’ll regret it won’t be here till Monday but so be it.  
2018-7-14
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Allen Deckard Posted at 2018-7-14 21:55
Anyway bought my new Mavic Pro Platinum the other day mainly because I don’t want to wait a year to get the 2.   Who knows maybe I’ll regret it won’t be here till Monday but so be it.

Ditto, running two MPP's now, I just like the way it flies, so smooth and refined plus good range and quieter. MP2 probably be months out still..........
2018-7-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-7-9 07:32
US/China trade-War is the reason most likely. DJI software and hardware are very mature.

You might be amazed to find this out but the world is a lot bigger than just the USA.
2018-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Whats the problem?  A large number of drone users are quite frankly unsafe idiots.  They dont understand how it works, dont even read the manual, completely ignore the legal limitations regarding altitude, line of sight, distance from people and object and happily put up videos on the internet to SHOW how stupid they are.
So yes, enforcement is needed on *sensible* laws..  If you dont have enforcement there's no point having laws.
If  you don't want to fly your MA again thats fine.  The rest of us will continue flying all over the country normally and quite legally.
2018-7-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-15 02:36
Whats the problem?  A large number of drone users are quite frankly unsafe idiots.  They dont understand how it works, dont even read the manual, completely ignore the legal limitations regarding altitude, line of sight, distance from people and object and happily put up videos on the internet to SHOW how stupid they are.
So yes, enforcement is needed on *sensible* laws..  If you dont have enforcement there's no point having laws.
If  you don't want to fly your MA again thats fine.  The rest of us will continue flying all over the country normally and quite legally.

And you think putting more restirctions and regulations in place including the need for people like myself to register a 430g drone to take a photograph is going to stop criminals being criminal with their drones? Yeah right. Don't make me laugh. Your problem is that you can't see how the hobby will be turned into a cash cow by the authorities.
2018-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-9 23:25

Why?  For adopting laws that are commonplace is most of the world and laws that ALREADY existed but lacked teeth.

400ft max, not near airports, not over crowds or built up areas, not within 50m of people or structures and unaided VLOS.
Pretty much standard for most of the world.  He's throwing his toys out for no reason.

Rather than listen to his hysteria the ACTUAL laws are here:-
http://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/u ... code_2018-07-30.pdf

The only rule thats actually changes is airports now have a fixed distance on them whereas before it was "dont fly too close".
2018-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-10 07:49

...which is illegal in the UK which states visual line of sight and in the ANO clearly states *unaided* visual line of sight and NOT googles.  Googles are only allowed with a second person as a spotter (who has to maintain unaided VLOS).
2018-7-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-15 02:40
Why?  For adopting laws that are commonplace is most of the world and laws that ALREADY existed but lacked teeth.

400ft max, not near airports, not over crowds or built up areas, not within 50m of people or structures and unaided VLOS.

Don't ever make the mistake of putting words in my mouth sunshine... Let's be clear about that now!
2018-7-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-15 02:40

The drone code is actually a set of safety guidelines - you need to refer to the CAA air navigation order for the actual laws governing the flight of drones in UK airspace.
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules