A lot of bad comments about the Mavic air.
5076 51 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolsquid321
lvl.3
Flight distance : 693406 ft
United States

Ive had nothing but goodluck with my mavic air, im using the .400 firmware and havent had any issues with drifting or video lag(using and note 8 and S8+), as for the resolution in only use 2.7k 60fps since 4k makes my Imovie go poo lol, but i love my mavic air
2018-7-6
Use props
djiuser_AameM6BR7yDz
New
United States

I have owned this drone for two weeks and have had nothing but problems with it. First off right out of the box I find that the app DJI Ho 4 isn't compatible with my Galaxy s10. A real disappointment,  you'd think this wouldn't be an issue seeing as this is a popular phone. DJI doesn't know when it will be fixed. So then I get myself an iPhone 6 because it's supposedly compatible. It works for about five minutes and my phone shuts itself off on its own.  Two different iPhones and they both do the same thing. This drone is a complete waste of money.
2020-2-15
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never had any issue with my MavicAir I even use it commercially along with my P4Pro - it works great with my none recommended Sony Xperia ZX3 phone or Huawei M3 tablet, its a superb drone.... its earned its keep

2020-2-16
Use props
cjr888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

In fact, people usually come to share negative experiences but not the positive ones. Let me put it this way - 40 people come here and complain about some undesired drone behavior (from which at least half of issues were their own fault) but there are also thousands of people who didn't have any problem at all and enjoyed their flight.

In a large scale, Mavic Air is actually pretty reliable. Before Air, I had a Spark (I gave it to my wife) and there was much more issues, especially with compass interference and range problems.
2020-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

alpbird Posted at 2018-7-6 01:21
I am also happy with mine. The only problem or rather the issue is the frequent compass calibration, and relatively shorter period of flight time. Beyond that, No problem at all.
Cheers

Are you sure you need to calibrate the compass often? All the other DJI aircraft do not need it. However, you may be confusing the message on screen, with other DJI models it usually says "Calibrate the compass or move the aircraft", and the correct action is to move the aircraft not calibrate the compass. DJI are Chineses and their error messages are often not very precise.
2020-2-20
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

djiuser_AameM6BR7yDz Posted at 2-15 11:00
I have owned this drone for two weeks and have had nothing but problems with it. First off right out of the box I find that the app DJI Ho 4 isn't compatible with my Galaxy s10. A real disappointment,  you'd think this wouldn't be an issue seeing as this is a popular phone. DJI doesn't know when it will be fixed. So then I get myself an iPhone 6 because it's supposedly compatible. It works for about five minutes and my phone shuts itself off on its own.  Two different iPhones and they both do the same thing. This drone is a complete waste of money.

Hi,

but this issue is not link to the mavic Air but it is link to DJI or incompatibility to your phone which you could see it before buying. Sorry but when I want buy soemthing expensive as drone i am checking the phone, the area, and different feedback.

I have mine since Nov and I am really happy about it, the only point it is noisy.
2020-2-21
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

JeromeM Posted at 2-21 05:27
Hi,

but this issue is not link to the mavic Air but it is link to DJI or incompatibility to your phone which you could see it before buying. Sorry but when I want buy soemthing expensive as drone i am checking the phone, the area, and different feedback.

Try some Master Airscrew props if you haven't already.  Been using them on my Air for months.
2020-2-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Geebax Posted at 2-20 22:04
Are you sure you need to calibrate the compass often? All the other DJI aircraft do not need it. However, you may be confusing the message on screen, with other DJI models it usually says "Calibrate the compass or move the aircraft", and the correct action is to move the aircraft not calibrate the compass. DJI are Chineses and their error messages are often not very precise.

I totally agree. Most of the time this means you have interference and you should move away from it. Anything with a lot of metal can trigger it (even the rebars in the concrete).

Sometimes you don't even need too much of a distance to get rid of the error.  I had to learn hand launching (not that there is a lot to learn) just to be able to take off from boats I am glad I did though, I have never launched or landed any other way since then...
2020-2-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I had my occasional issues with my MA when I was residing in a CE zone (where I first bought it); but since I moved back home (FCC zone), everything feels different. I am sure there are a lot of other factors at work here, like the highly possible lack of interference etc.

But I have to say, I am much more grateful now...

2020-2-22
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-5 18:32
I wonder how much that can be blamed on advertising.  Advertising all the aids the autopilot gives you makes the uniformed think they can just jump into flying with no skills or knowledge.

I took very gradual steps with my first and only drone.  Took it slow even though I have years of model airplane experience and used to fly an un-stabilized Align Trex 450 (balancing on a pin).  My first flying RC model is that Trex so I learned to take it slow.  Two weeks just to get to a stable tail in hover 8 feet off the ground then slowly started drifting off to one side or the other until I could do figure 8's and nose in hovers (controls reversed).

I have to agree with this, the Autopilot features were what sold me on the Air over other drones. That said, I did not unbox the drone and go flying - i still had the common sense to read the manual and am still taking "baby steps" to get used to the drone.
2020-2-27
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

All my problems were with the batteries. The first problem occurred with a battery with little cycle of use, I think that only 5, came the message that it could not take off. To check the battery fit. Despite the fit being all ok, I couldn't fix the problem. I contacted Dji's support and they replaced the defective battery. The second problem occurred now, in early February 2020. The 39-cycle battery will completely discharge in mid-flight, causing the drone to make an emergency landing. The battery was fully charged before the flight. I climbed about 10 meters, took two photos, put it in Sport mode and moved on. Soon after starting to move horizontally, the battery zeroed. It went from 91% to 0%. I have three other batteries, but I totally lost confidence in the Mavic Air batteries ...
2020-2-27
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

Agree to your post the only thing that bothers me is having to calibrate alot.
2020-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules