4159 14 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I´m trying to update the flight controller in my Phantom 2, Version 1 that has the Naza-M flight controller.
I´m trying to update it with the Naza-M V2 assistant since only the V2 assistant can upgrade the firmware on the Naza-M to 4. something.

And that should be fully doable to update the Naza-m controller with the V2 assistant.

The P2 assistant finds the drone, but not the Naza V2 assistant.

I have tried it on 3 different PC´s and 1 Mac computer. The PC´s had Win 8.1 + Win XP in VMware Fusion mode with Mac and finally with a Win 7 PC.
The Mac was with 10.9.5 OS X.

On the PC´s when i try to install the DJI Win drivers it says that it doesn't find any new driver for DJI products or something along those lines, but i can see in the Device manager that it says DJI something, so it seems to have installed the drivers by itself, on the Win 7 it started to install the drivers from the DJI Win driver software.

But the Naza-M V2 assistant does not find the Phantom 2, version 1, not on any of the 4 computers.
When i open the V2 assistant it doesn't progress forward from the initial window that appears before it opens the software, the only way to make it progress forward is to press the word "Skip" in the initial window.

This is very frustrating and it is suppose to work, even the Phantom 2 assistant tells me that there is a 4. something update and that i need to download the V2 assistant.

I would be really glad for some help or ideas. Thanks.

2015-5-19
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Phantom 2 uses the PT2 Assistant, not the Naza-M as the Phantom 2 runs a custom version of the Naza flight controller.
So just use the PT2 assistant downloaded from the downloads section for your model.
For Windows you will also need the WIN driver.
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-19 16:51
The Phantom 2 uses the PT2 Assistant, not the Naza-M as the Phantom 2 runs a custom version of the N ...

So the Flight controller inside the Phantom 2 , version 1.0 has a special Naza-M flight controller? Since i saw a youtube video where a person updated the Firmware in his Naza-M controller with the Naza-M V2 assistant.
I thought the PT2 assistant asked me to update my firmware to 4.02 and to download the V2 assistant, but it was actually the V2 assistant itself who said it when i opened it without the Phantom connected to it, so it was a mistake by me.

So i can not use the V2 assistant since the Phantom 2 V1.0 Naza-M controller is not the same as the original Naza-M controller?
2015-5-19
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

As I said, the Phantom 2 uses the PT2 assistant software, which you can download HERE
Forget about the Naza-M V2 assistant
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-19 21:03
As I said, the Phantom 2 uses the PT2 assistant software, which you can download HERE
Forget about t ...

Yes but i wanted to download Firmware 4.02 which Naza-M owners are able to do even tough the firmware is for Naza-M V2, and that is only done with V2 assistant.

But okay that doesn't work then.
I have already the PT2 assistant, but compared to the V2 assistant the PT2 assistant has not many functions and parameters. V2 software seems way way better.

But if it can't be done i have to accept it.
Thanks for the answers.
2015-5-19
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

The Phantom 2 Posted at 2015-5-19 21:56
Yes but i wanted to download Firmware 4.02 which Naza-M owners are able to do even tough the firmwa ...

The Phantom 2 uses the Naza-M  V2 with specific Phantom Firmware and it will only work with the Phantom Assistant.  
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-19 23:41
The Phantom 2 uses the Naza-M  V2 with specific Phantom Firmware and it will only work with the Ph ...

But i have the version 1 of Phantom 2, as i understand it it is not a Naza-M V2 but a Naza-M flight controller, but maybe they are not the same as the original Naza-M V2 with external LED module and the original Naza-M, as you said they seem to have a specific firmware.
They say the original Naza-M V2 can be used in a Phantom 2 but you will loose the LED functionality on the Phantom 2.
2015-5-19
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Dude, you have tried to make it work and can't, we have told you why, how are you still confused ?
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-20 00:49
Dude, you have tried to make it work and can't, we have told you why, how are you still confused ?

Easy boy, you said that the Phantom 2 uses the Naza-M V2 and i answered you that.... no my Phantom 2 does not use the Naza-M V2 since it is the version 1.

Maybe you are not aware that there is two different versions of Phantom 2?

And then i proceed to write that well maybe they are not the same then.
And then i write that the original Naza-M V2 can be used in the Phantom 2 but with lost LED functionality, which is stated by DJI themselves.

So what are you complaining about? So how can you get the impression that I'm still confused? Maybe you should read my post a bit harder?
2015-5-19
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

The Phantom 2 Posted at 2015-5-20 00:38
But i have the version 1 of Phantom 2, as i understand it it is not a Naza-M V2 but a Naza-M fligh ...

To my knowledge the Phantom 2 always used the Phantom version of the Naza-M V2.  The Phantom 1 was the one that used the Naza-M that could be updated to the V2.  
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-20 02:52
To my knowledge the Phantom 2 always used the Phantom version of the Naza-M V2.  The Phantom 1 was ...

Are you sure since i remember when i bought my Phantom 2 last time before i sold it, the shops at that time always pointed out that it is the new version 2 of Phantom 2, this was in July of 2014.

And the Phantom V2 flight controllers says V2 after the word Multirotor on the flight controller, but my flight controller and many of the earlier Phantom 2 does not say V2.
So I'm pretty sure there is a Version 1 and version 2.
Maybe you are correct that my version has not the same Naza-M as Phantom 1, but its not the V2 controller either, then it has to be something between those two if its not the Naza-M controller. Its yellow but it has not the word V2 on it.
The board number on my drone is P330CB-H3-2D V2.
2015-5-19
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

The Phantom 2 Posted at 2015-5-20 04:44
Are you sure since i remember when i bought my Phantom 2 last time before i sold it, the shops at t ...

The P2  Ver.2 was just an update on the motors, ESC's, Props and TX controller with LiPo.  The Naza-M V2 was not changed with that "upgrade"
2015-5-19
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-20 05:30
The P2  Ver.2 was just an update on the motors, ESC's, Props and TX controller with LiPo.  The Naz ...

I think you are referring to a third update on the Phantom 2?  since you said LIPO in the TX control that is not the upgrade i am talking about. For example the charger is bigger in this first Phantom 2 version compared to the second version, but the TX remote was still having the 4 x AA batteries.
Actually this first Phantom 2 version was shipped with the H3-2D gimbal or was ready for the H3-2D gimbal and not the H3-3d gimbal, since the H3-3D gimbal was not on the market yet at the time when the first Phantoms came, at that time it was only the H3-2d that was on the market.
Also as i said earlier the first Phantom 2 version didn't have the writing V2 on its flight controller.

This second update came around i think in the beginning of 2014. The update you are referring to came much later.
And you are correct in that the Phantom Naza controller was not changed in the upgrade you are talking about, but it was changed in the update i am reffering to.
But almost all used and new Phantom 2 sold today is not the earliest version so it might be that many people are not aware about this first version.

2015-5-20
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

The Phantom 2 Posted at 2015-5-21 14:17
I think you are referring to a third update on the Phantom 2?  since you said LIPO in the TX contro ...

Well I wish you good luck in updating your presumed Naza-M V1 controller
2015-5-21
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-21 21:16
Well I wish you good luck in updating your presumed Naza-M V1 controller

I already know thats not possibe, but that is not because its not a Naza-M or because its a Naza-M V2 or whatever, it is because the Phantom 2 Naza flight controller is not the exact same as the original Naza-M or Naza-M V2. If the Phantom 2 version 1 used the same original Naza-M then it would have been fully possible to update the Naza-M with the Naza-M V2 firmware 4.02.

And i have not even stated in my last posts that it is possible, if you read the whole thread you will see that i have written many posts ago that i have understand that that is not possible, but as i stated above that is because the Phantom 2 flight controller is not the exact same as the original Naza-M / V2.

What i have wrote in my last posts is that there is a earlier version which you thought there was not, and that I'm still saying there is because i´m 99 percent sure about that. Maybe you should research that and maybe you will come to the conclusion that what I'm saying is correct.
2015-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules