Ronin S + 1DX mk2 + quick release plate
2644 8 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
httrn
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know of a quick release plate that will work with the 1dx mk2 and the ronin s? I added one but it wont clear the tilt axis. Any ideas of one that is low profile that I can add to the plate that came with the Ronin S?
2018-7-5
Use props
httrn
lvl.1
United States

Anyone? Any ideas?
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, are you referring to the third party accessory? The camera should be able to be balanced as long as the cameras weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. Please refer to the tutorial video below to balance the camera properly, thank you. Please keep me updated if I misunderstood your post.
2018-7-13
Use props
httrn
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I guess what I am really looking for is a recommendation on low profile quick release that will work with the ronin s plate and the canon 1dx. I used one and it ended up causing the  1dx mark 2 to be too tall and it wouldn't clear the tilt axis.
2018-7-13
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Something like ->this<- might work.
2018-7-13
Use props
httrn
lvl.1
United States

oooh thanks so much. I wonder if that will will fit the peak design pro plate.
2018-7-13
Use props
httrn
lvl.1
United States

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i used that previously and it didn't clear it, i just fear its the same height as each other.
2018-7-13
Use props
AvaIzzySashi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I tried every quick release combination I had (Manfrotto, Oben, Small Rig) None worked for me either. I ended up switching my Quick Release System (Again!!!! for the 16th time) to the Manfrotto system, but I went with SmallRig Clamp for the 501PL along with an additional 501P LONG Plate - 1503 as I have a 5DMIV body as well that I use. Keep in mind the DJI Ronin S Plate fits great on the small rig base, but the small rig plate is kind of very snug on the Ronin-S plate clamp. I am waiting for DJI to make the Ronin S Camera Plate available for sale so I can just buy an extra one for my 5DMIV. For now I had to switch to smallRig if someone else here comes up with a better idea let us know.  
2018-8-1
Use props
httrn
lvl.1
United States

AvaIzzySashi Posted at 2018-8-1 17:55
Yeah, I tried every quick release combination I had (Manfrotto, Oben, Small Rig) None worked for me either. I ended up switching my Quick Release System (Again!!!! for the 16th time) to the Manfrotto system, but I went with SmallRig Clamp for the 501PL along with an additional 501P LONG Plate - 1503 as I have a 5DMIV body as well that I use. Keep in mind the DJI Ronin S Plate fits great on the small rig base, but the small rig plate is kind of very snug on the Ronin-S plate clamp. I am waiting for DJI to make the Ronin S Camera Plate available for sale so I can just buy an extra one for my 5DMIV. For now I had to switch to smallRig  if someone else here comes up with a better idea let us know.

thanks for posting your combo. do you mind posting a pic too? just to see what clearance you are getting.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules