New Mavic Pro Firmware Release Notes (07/04/2018)
38501 174 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-7 09:58
i already done IMU calibration, and stick calibration.   it distinctly .400 rolling back .300 it does not meander left at all. it keeps tight path.  

and i dont think just the camera, its literally meandering..

Well that sounds bad, it might need overhauling, I believe you can purchase most bits on eBay , if your inclined to fix yourself. But I promise you for me the Mavic in 0400 has none of the issues you talk about, it was also pretty good in 0300, it’s no problem rolling back and I don’t think you will be missing much.
Optimizing propulsion is a pretty big job , so hopefully most will see better hover straighter flight and more stability.
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 10:20
Well that sounds bad, it might need overhauling, I believe you can purchase most bits on eBay , if your inclined to fix yourself. But I promise you for me the Mavic in 0400 has none of the issues you talk about, it was also pretty good in 0300, it’s no problem rolling back and I don’t think you will be missing much.
Optimizing propulsion is a pretty big job , so hopefully most will see better hover straighter flight and more stability.

i considered it, i found some "new" parts from china for $25 shipped, im just nervous because the camera isn't known for its durability and i work on a farm so i dont have the most delicate touch.

and ya im not missing munch being on .300, but if i have to be on .400 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward isn't a huge deal, RTH works i noticed it corrects itself over time too so not going to be off course with it RTHing in a fail safe state either.
2018-7-7
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 03:14
I think it might be the google store that’s holding this up, as it is accustomed to doing. I suppose if dji didn’t say it. You would be on here shouting for it. Sometimes you just can’t win with some people.

I dont know where people take that information from. I develop apps and never has Google delayed an update. My apps don't have as many users as DJI's do, but updates become available in user's devices within hours at most.
2018-7-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-7 09:27
well i rolled back to .300 and my mavic pro flights straight again.. re-upgraded to .400 and it slightly drifts left... very specifically left.. and its at its very slow rate of 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward...

so there is something going on weather its flight controller or something else.

I am sure you have and sorry if I missed you stating such but did you calibrate everything after the fact?  Although I did not calibrate everything after and mine flies as straight as can be and no noticeable issues.  
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-7 11:46
I am sure you have and sorry if I missed you stating such but did you calibrate everything after the fact?  Although I did not calibrate everything after and mine flies as straight as can be and no noticeable issues.

yep, multiple times, apart from the compass which i'm always touchy about calibrating because that's the thing that can send the drone spiraling out of control.  downgrading fixes it.. its very slight though nothing too concerning.. 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward and RTH course corrects itself as needed so its not going to get lost flying back to me in a fail safe emergency.

i may try calibrating my vision sensors, i haven't tried that but i am up above where VPS should be working at 100+ feet up.
2018-7-7
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

thank god for the nolimitdronze client i will be downgrading if this update has problems ;)
2018-7-7
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

So far I have had no issues with the new firmware. What I have noticed is that after flying 3 batteries from 100% to 25% the RC battery sits at 60% and not 50% like before.
2018-7-8
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having some inconsistent drift issues as well. Mostly when I fly forward and then stop. It stops and then moves about a meter in some direction. It does drift off course a little when flying straight but not always. All updates---All calibrations---(not compass)  I have not tested in any other locations but this behavior is new to my location of testing
2018-7-8
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

There is no dji go 4.2.22 for android now
2018-7-8
Use props
AlessandroPigo
lvl.1

did you fix the images trasmission for the mavic pro?
2018-7-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

dronerover Posted at 2018-7-7 10:16
I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.

Switch to a fast iOS and it is buttery smooth. I used many high-end Android devices for 2 years, including DJI’s own Android kernel, and it was a constant struggle. You couldn’t trust your drone!

I switched to the best iPad Pro available and I now get much more range before video breakup (nearly double) and the connection is as solid as wired. I can now really trust this thing (Mavic Pro) after over 2 years of ownership.  Clearly the stability of the Unix-based iOS is why aviation uses it (Unix).

Latest firmware is solid for Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles after a few test flights.

2018-7-8
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-7-8 13:27
Switch to a fast iOS and it is buttery smooth. I used many high-end Android devices for 2 years, including DJI’s own Android kernel, and it was a constant struggle. You couldn’t trust your drone!

I switched to the best iPad Pro available and I now get much more range before video breakup (nearly double) and the connection is as solid as wired. I can now really trust this thing (Mavic Pro) after over 2 years of ownership.  Clearly the stability of the Unix-based iOS is why aviation uses it (Unix).

... Until it overheats due to ambient temperature and the DJI Go app overworking the CPU. First symptom is the screen going dark.
2018-7-8
Use props
Vanderlei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52251 ft

Firmware: V01.04.0400,  I did the upgrade ... but on the first flight I start to see problems on my front sensor and lock my phone's display.
I was scared and soon returned with my Mavic... Never Hapen this before.. Please
2018-7-8
Use props
AziraphaleES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59114 ft
South Korea

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 03:14
I think it might be the google store that’s holding this up, as it is accustomed to doing. I suppose if dji didn’t say it. You would be on here shouting for it. Sometimes you just can’t win with some people.

(Has this been answered before?)
Why don't DJI just have an *.apk file in the downloads section, then?
2018-7-8
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

APK not provided on dji site

Probably because the average user would not be happy or competent to unlock his phone to use that apk.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AziraphaleES Posted at 2018-7-8 23:54
(Has this been answered before?)
Why don't DJI just have an *.apk file in the downloads section, then?

That question should be addressed to dji.
2018-7-9
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Dear DJI,
Is it possible to have Go App v 4.2.22 also for Android within this year please? But don't worry for us android users take all your time, since 4.2.20 is flawless (expecially live video transmission) we don't need a fixed one........
2018-7-9
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Prompted on both flights yesterday at the start up screen to upgrade firmware, Refused the update both times and flew on the old .300 FW, had a blast. Everything is working great. I will not update, no reason too.
2018-7-9
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-7-8 13:27

I have a mini4 as well as a Gal tab S3 which is just as powerful as the iPad Pro I tested them with. In brightness the S3 was superior. My shots in post were more accurate on my settings as well.

I used the S3 several mos until 4.2.20. Then the issues so many are having started up. This is a DJI problem because I bought Litchi for that tablet and it works perfectly. No lag, no video transmission issues whatsoever.

Seems like DJI is pushing Apple only and ignoring the Android users. We'll see how that plays out. On FB forums many people have newly purchased DJI items using late model phones like the S9 and the video transmission issues make it worthless. Some on the iPhone x as well. Both tried everything suggested and decided...screw this I'm returning the drone.

Others newly interested in buying a drone are told "if you do, have an iOS device or expect trouble" and they get into discussions and that purchaser says "well, no thanks then" as they have no desire to spend $500-700 on a newer iOS device to fly a drone on vacation in a lot of places where they are NFZ's.

Most new drone enthusiasts are not every day flyers or even weekly. More of the people coming into drones are wanting the vista views they provide for their moments and trips taken. Fewer fly around the home or have commercial interests.

The vast amount of users having experienced the recent app issues have said DJI seems to have no interest in solving app problems for Android device users. They are really in the Apple market and need to identify that exclusive nature of that relationship. More consumers would appreciate that versus oh by the way, we do kind of have a list of devices that sort of work, but we really prefer you fly with an iOS product.

In my experiences having an exclusive nature like that will not bode well in the long run. Just many many people not interested in buying iOS or suckered into that exclusive world.

Samsung has reportedly outsold most iOS products given it provides powerful products and features for similar or lesser prices than iOS.

Android outsold iOS nearly 3:1 over the last two years according to markets. That is a big market to lose if the company cannot solve these app issues.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All, sorry for the typo and confusion. Currently, the latest Android DJI GO 4 is V4.2.20, we've edited the OP to avoid further troubles.
The firmware update is necessary for fixing the previous issues and introducing some new features. I understand your concern, there is still a lot of work to optimize and improve, please allow us some time.
For the new firmware, any feedback will be appreciated, we'll collect regularly and forward to our engineers for improving. Again, thank you so much for your support!
2018-7-9
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Hi DJI Susan thank you for the clarification, could please explain better which new features were introduced with the new firmware?
Thank you
2018-7-9
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

PotatoTough Posted at 2018-7-9 09:39
I have been doing a ton of research on registration nd can not figure out if I am registered.
I got a P3S about 1 year ago and did the whole thing through DJi, but I have never once done anything threw the FAA’s website.
Do I need to do something with the FAA? And even though I have looked forever, I can only find things for either $25, $50 or a part 107 which cost $200.i can not find the $5 optionI just want to fly as a hobby/recreation purposes.

If you go to FAA.gov and enter "UAS" in the search field, you'll eventually find their registration website, which is: https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/register    It costs $5.

If you Google "FAA Drone Registration" you'll almost certainly end up on the scam website which charges you $25 to do the same thing.

If the website doesn't have the domain "xxxx.faa.gov", you're not dealing with the FAA.
2018-7-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-7-9 01:35
Prompted on both flights yesterday at the start up screen to upgrade firmware, Refused the update both times and flew on the old .300 FW, had a blast. Everything is working great. I will not update, no reason too.

Good call.  Just a reminder to everyone that just because your prompt that there is an upgrade available doesn't mean you should upgrade.  You can IGNORE those updates until those with more courage (or a spare drone to fly) make the update and report any issues.

From past experiences with firmware updates I can only strongly suggest that if your Mavic Pro is flying good with no issues.  Leave it as is.  IF IT'S NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT!  

And I do agree with others that DJI could be more PRO-ACTIVE in communicating with users in the forum and providing more details on what fixes or issues were addressed in the newer firmware release.  They're are a lot of tech savy folks here in the forum who can then make an educated decision to upgrade or not.   
2018-7-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

sica Posted at 2018-7-6 01:48
It is absurd for dji to announce the launch of version 4.2.22 Android when it does not exist in the google store. Give the impression that the dji team lied users!

The OP doesn't list or announce the launch of v. 4.2.22 Android.... only iOS .22 is announced.
2018-7-9
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

Do not update this version if your Marvic is working fine.  I did all mine update until this latest one and I got problem right  after the updated.  The video start to chop or jiggling and blurry out half of the bottom screen when marvic move.  I check the gimbal and do gimbal auto calibrate and still happening.  So its pretty much a piece of junk for my vacation trip.  Now I back and have to load it with DJI assistant 2 to downgrade it to version .300 instead and no more video problem.  I learn my lession and will never do any more update unless I get problem with the marvic.
2018-7-9
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Italy

Hondas3000 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:00
Do not update this version if your Marvic is working fine.  I did all mine update until this latest one and I got problem right  after the updated.  The video start to chop or jiggling and blurry out half of the bottom screen when marvic move.  I check the gimbal and do gimbal auto calibrate and still happening.  So its pretty much a piece of junk for my vacation trip.  Now I back and have to load it with DJI assistant 2 to downgrade it to version .300 instead and no more video problem.  I learn my lession and will never do any more update unless I get problem with the marvic.

That problem is related to DJI Go 4 app, version 4.2.20. It happens with Mavic Pro firmware .300 too. You can downgrade the app to 4.2.16 to avoid it.
2018-7-9
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 05:32
Hi All, sorry for the typo and confusion. Currently, the latest Android DJI GO 4 is V4.2.20, we've edited the OP to avoid further troubles.
The firmware update is necessary for fixing the previous issues and introducing some new features. I understand your concern, there is still a lot of work to optimize and improve, please allow us some time.
For the new firmware, any feedback will be appreciated, we'll collect regularly and forward to our engineers for improving. Again, thank you so much for your support!

Are you working on a DJI Go 4 update? .20 has severe video transmission problems as many people with multiple (supported and powerful but unsupported) devices have shown.
2018-7-9
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:26
That problem is related to DJI Go 4 app, version 4.2.20. It happens with Mavic Pro firmware .300 too. You can downgrade the app to 4.2.16 to avoid it.

I don't have problem with .300 before or problem with video transmitting problem when I am using .300 version.  It just this .400 version and I notice right away after use.  Any how it is fix now once I downgrade it.  As for the App it is auto update for me and I am using android.
2018-7-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PotatoTough Posted at 2018-7-9 09:39
I have been doing a ton of research on registration nd can not figure out if I am registered.
I got a P3S about 1 year ago and did the whole thing through DJi, but I have never once done anything threw the FAA’s website.
Do I need to do something with the FAA? And even though I have looked forever, I can only find things for either $25, $50 or a part 107 which cost $200.i can not find the $5 optionI just want to fly as a hobby/recreation purposes.

FAA is american body of drone registration, i see on your profile you are in the UK, the CAA is the authority body in the UK to register under.  you only need to register drone with the FAA is you are flighing on american soil.
2018-7-9
Use props
AziraphaleES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59114 ft
South Korea

Yachtsman Posted at 2018-7-9 00:31
Probably because the average user would not be happy or competent to unlock his phone to use that apk.

ordinary *.apk does not require any elevated privileges.
i do not think any mavic pilot can be considered an average user, come on, we operate aircraft.
moreover, whoever is not comfortable installing could refrain from, but it should not be the reason NOT to publish *apk.

@DJI Support
2018-7-10
Use props
fpv crazy hands
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43048 ft
United States

fpv crazy hands Posted at 2018-7-6 04:00
i'm just wishin my mavic pro would fly as far as, and as well as it did when i bought it new last fall.. at least it done purty much  what they said it would do, without overheating the ipad mini, lost image and frequent aircraft disconnects etc...i've always updated when prompted with little hesitation. but every since the addition of the pano and the asstroid shots my ipad overheats and says cpu fully loaded(even though i keep it clean and reset often and it is a dedicated devise)...i'm not so much interested in the fancy camera functions(i've only taken a few pictures ..as long as i can see where i'm at without losing fpv i'm a happy flyer,,, i think that panohemroid crap should be saved for the computer)and automated flight modes(which i've never used) , i just wanna fly my 1200$investment without attaching ice packs and cooling fans bla bla bla(kinda ruins the portability thing)  to it ..seems like every flight is an experiment... i guess my question is , if i don't do this latest update (7/4/18) can i go back to a fw version that worked before all that stuff ....?      thanks in advance for any advise ....ps, it used to go 20,000' out no problem , now 12,000' is rare...

i am currently running vsn. .0300 and have the yaw drifting issues,gimbal glitches and frequent app crashes that the people here are complaining about.

2018-7-10
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Flew three battery's and no Motor current issue's Seems like thats fixed.
2018-7-10
Use props
Numpty12345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34042 ft

Again sometimes it is not worth updating just because a new update comes out !!
If your craft flys good don’t change it !!
2018-7-10
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I bit the bullet and upgraded to the latest version on my iPad Mini and MPP.  I decided to take a step further and reset all of the settings.  Once it reset I took it out and calibrated the IMU and compass for good measure.

I power-cycled and waited for GPS lock.  I saw some rain clouds in the distance so I couldn't fly it far the first trip.  But, I did let it hover for 30-45 seconds from take off and it was steady as before.  I took it up to ~350' and let it hover also.  I flew it around a bit at different altitudes and it seem to function correctly. It was very steady also.  I guess I am one of the fortunate ones that wasn't affected by the upgrade.  

What I did notice is that this upgrade did take a bit longer than the last upgrade.
2018-7-10
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Italy

Hondas3000 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:47
I don't have problem with .300 before or problem with video transmitting problem when I am using .300 version.  It just this .400 version and I notice right away after use.  Any how it is fix now once I downgrade it.  As for the App it is auto update for me and I am using android.

The video transmission problem (losing video signal, especially on the bottom part of the scren) has been reported very often on .300 and it goes away by switching to Litchi (instead of DJI Go 4) or downgrading DJI Go 4 to .16 instead of .20. There might be other factors involved and that appears to be your case, but it clearly does not seem strictly related to .400. It existed way before .400 existed.
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-10 11:27
The video transmission problem (losing video signal, especially on the bottom part of the scren) has been reported very often on .300 and it goes away by switching to Litchi (instead of DJI Go 4) or downgrading DJI Go 4 to .16 instead of .20. There might be other factors involved and that appears to be your case, but it clearly does not seem strictly related to .400. It existed way before .400 existed.

I believe reason some people only recently ran into video transmission problem (Pixlation, smearing, blurring, ...) is because they were still on Firmware prior to .0300 release.  Seen at least one person here mention going from .0100 FW.
2018-7-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-9 02:54
I have a mini4 as well as a Gal tab S3 which is just as powerful as the iPad Pro I tested them with. In brightness the S3 was superior. My shots in post were more accurate on my settings as well.

I used the S3 several mos until 4.2.20. Then the issues so many are having started up. This is a DJI problem because I bought Litchi for that tablet and it works perfectly. No lag, no video transmission issues whatsoever.

You are mistaken with misinformation. This is why I loathe responding on this forum. Why share sound information when ..... whatever. Good luck with life
2018-7-10
Use props
brettkp01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557621 ft
Australia

Has anyone on .0400 been able to review flight logs within DJI Assistant 2? When I try it no longer shows the internal memory as a drive in Windows 10 so I can't download the logs. It can still save the flight data (i think that's what it's called) to a local folder. This takes a while but it isn't the flight logs. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Brett
2018-7-10
Use props
Drone_Boy
New

dronerover Posted at 2018-7-7 10:16
I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.

I had the same issues with my Mavic Pro Platinum.  I upgraded the firmware when prompted and my DJI Go 4 app was also updated, and I got really bad pixelation.  I tried changing settings (transmission, turn off caching, etc) and still had problems using my Android Pixel XL.  I took the advice of other posters and downgraded back to the earlier version, 4.16 by uninstalling and installing the older version.  So far works fine, will test out more in the next week.
2018-7-10
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-7-10 16:50
You are mistaken with misinformation. This is why I loathe responding on this forum. Why share sound information when ..... whatever. Good luck with life

Misinformation? Are you not reading the complaints from people? Mavic Pilot Forum, Here, Facebook Mavic groups. I would not call daily doses since 4.2.20 wiping out people's video transmission misinformation. I have 77 guys in our local drone club with DJI products. 55 using samsung, other brands, and even the Crystal Sky which is also an Android product. A fair amount including myself also have used or use iOS devices as well. Mini4 for me.

Tablets and phones (android) that all worked prior to 4.2.20 failed. Reverting to 4.2.14, 4.2.16 have worked and restored all functions, and clean video transmission to those same exact users.
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules