New Mavic Pro Firmware Release Notes (07/04/2018)
12345Next >
38464 174 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Release Date: 2018.07.04
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.04.0400
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.22
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.20

What’s New?

• Increased the aircraft data’s security.
  • Optimized the propulsion system performance.

This update includes an update for the DJI Goggles firmware:

• Added support for the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
  • fixed an issue that caused the video player to crash unexpectedly.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello darkness, my old friend.....

no on a serious note, what does optimize propulsion system mean?  what has been optimized about it /changed?

2018-7-5
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Italy

Thanks for the update. No news about the SRT Data accuracy problem?https://forum.dji.com/thread-140031-1-1.html

What about the sharpness vs noise reduction problem?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-135441-1-1.html

I cannot test them right now, if anyone can it would be interesting to know
Also. The Android app version you mention, 4.2.22, does not show up on the Play Store, at least for me.
2018-7-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the update.
2018-7-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Dear DJI Please Elaborate on Following:
- Increased the aircraft data’s security
- Optimized the propulsion system performance
2018-7-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Dear DJI, What else is different between .0300 and .0400?  What problems were fixed or resolved .
2018-7-5
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

And where is dji go version 4.2.22 for Android?
2018-7-5
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I am also curious about the "Optimized the propulsion system performance".
2018-7-5
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4

How long can I put this off? I don't mind updating, but I have a trip coming up and prefer to stick with the software I know, rather than use one I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test fly.
2018-7-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Would it be that much to ask for proper details on the implemented changes? gosh...
2018-7-5
Use props
Pyramid
lvl.4

I can't get the dji go 4.1.22 version either?
2018-7-6
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

It is absurd for dji to announce the launch of version 4.2.22 Android when it does not exist in the google store. Give the impression that the dji team lied users!
2018-7-6
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

Ok! Goggles update (almost meaningless as per release notes). But what about implementations of functions fot the Mavic Air? It's still basic functions only, making it close to useless or have it being improved for compatibility?
2018-7-6
Use props
fpv crazy hands
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43048 ft
United States

i'm just wishin my mavic pro would fly as far as, and as well as it did when i bought it new last fall.. at least it done purty much  what they said it would do, without overheating the ipad mini, lost image and frequent aircraft disconnects etc...i've always updated when prompted with little hesitation. but every since the addition of the pano and the asstroid shots my ipad overheats and says cpu fully loaded(even though i keep it clean and reset often and it is a dedicated devise)...i'm not so much interested in the fancy camera functions(i've only taken a few pictures ..as long as i can see where i'm at without losing fpv i'm a happy flyer,,, i think that panohemroid crap should be saved for the computer)and automated flight modes(which i've never used) , i just wanna fly my 1200$investment without attaching ice packs and cooling fans bla bla bla(kinda ruins the portability thing)  to it ..seems like every flight is an experiment... i guess my question is , if i don't do this latest update (7/4/18) can i go back to a fw version that worked before all that stuff ....?      thanks in advance for any advise ....ps, it used to go 20,000' out no problem , now 12,000' is rare...
2018-7-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fpv crazy hands Posted at 2018-7-6 04:00
i'm just wishin my mavic pro would fly as far as, and as well as it did when i bought it new last fall.. at least it done purty much  what they said it would do, without overheating the ipad mini, lost image and frequent aircraft disconnects etc...i've always updated when prompted with little hesitation. but every since the addition of the pano and the asstroid shots my ipad overheats and says cpu fully loaded(even though i keep it clean and reset often and it is a dedicated devise)...i'm not so much interested in the fancy camera functions(i've only taken a few pictures ..as long as i can see where i'm at without losing fpv i'm a happy flyer,,, i think that panohemroid crap should be saved for the computer)and automated flight modes(which i've never used) , i just wanna fly my 1200$investment without attaching ice packs and cooling fans bla bla bla(kinda ruins the portability thing)  to it ..seems like every flight is an experiment... i guess my question is , if i don't do this latest update (7/4/18) can i go back to a fw version that worked before all that stuff ....?      thanks in advance for any advise ....ps, it used to go 20,000' out no problem , now 12,000' is rare...

You should be able to rollback Mavic Pro firmware to .0100.  I don't know if you can rollback any earlier.
2018-7-6
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>

Apparently there is no battery firmware update to this one. At least, I did not see any when checking second and third batteries.
2018-7-6
Use props
ReleaseTheSource
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Can you upload the kernel source code?
2018-7-6
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

sica Posted at 2018-7-6 01:48
It is absurd for dji to announce the launch of version 4.2.22 Android when it does not exist in the google store. Give the impression that the dji team lied users!

Application developers turn their stuff over to the play store.  The play store sends it out in waves so that their servers aren't overwhelmed.  It might take a week or so before it comes out.  I'm sitting at 4.2.20 myself and I'm in no hurry for it.  The delay isn't from DJI, but from the Play Store.  Relax for a bit.  It'll eventually get there.  
2018-7-6
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-5 19:22
Thanks for the update. No news about the SRT Data accuracy problem?https://forum.dji.com/thread-140031-1-1.html

Info is correct (4.2.20) on the website release notes > https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2018-7-6
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Can someone at DJI put a sticky note up on the forum when they update DJI Assistant 2?  After trying to load the firmware I found that I was out of date..... Again....
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i been flying around today imma be doing some more later but i cant say i see much difference yet in how "Optimized the propulsion system performance."  is a changed thing.   maybe if it was more windy i'd see a difference, but overall it seems to hover the same, take off the same and fly the same.

as for new security system:  i dont know why dji even bothered not like they can win against hackers:   already been decrypted, new update to a few free tools to unlock things again.

i cannot conclusively confirm any better image transmission, i heard a few peoples mentioning seems better maybe it is for them if they having really bad choppy/blockiness its better.  but for me my test route, its roughly the same range and quality.  is 1 change i did notice with occusync, seems now both the aircraft and the RC are sensing interference and changing channels/frequencies via occusync quickly.  used to be i could use my iPhone X near my RC without causing occusync to switch channels, now if im using 2.4ghz wifi on my iPhone X while flying with it changed channels, before used to not do that if aircraft wasn't bothered by it.
2018-7-6
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is rumor that this release patches your mavic from modding and does nothing for performance. This release has  the exact same flight controller firmware as 01.04.0300. Optimized the propulsion system performance is for the MPP. So basically no difference between 01.04.0400 and 01.04.0300.

2018-7-6
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft

Lied? What would they be trying to achieve with lying about the app version?! Couldn't have just been an honest mistake, typo, or that the app just hasn't shown up in the app store. It must be a LIE!
Are you a big Alex Jones fan?
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 2018-7-6 11:17
There is rumor that this release patches your mavic from modding and does nothing for performance. This release has  the exact same flight controller firmware as 01.04.0300. Optimized the propulsion system performance is for the MPP. So basically no difference between 01.04.0400 and 01.04.0300.

i dont know if its same exact firmware on standard MP.  my MP no longer flying in a perfectly straight line post .400 update.  at first i thought just my eyes or my controller because its not wondering very fast,  but my mavic pro is wondering slightly left when i'm holding sticks perfectly straight up..   i just calibrated my sticks, the IMU, and replaced the props and still the same slightly wondering left flying back straight, it didn't do that in .300 and prior..

it isn't huge, like 10 feet left every 500 feet forward, not massively moving to the left, just is slightly wondering that way over time., i tested on a road i know is almost perfectly straight going west-east, just to confirm and it does that since i can visually identify it moving left or right by lacing focus crosshairs on the yellow center line.. and ya 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward it seems..

basically i thought it was just me being a dumb pilot and .400 was the same as .300, but no, turns out .400 update has changes something on my mavic pro to make it wonder slowly left.
2018-7-6
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

It's a conspiracy! hehe
2018-7-6
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-5 19:22

I am actually going to test this soon.  Hoping this evening if the wind dies down a bit.  Was going to test sharpness at all levels.  Will put in D-Cinelike and give this a go.  I am very curious if they did fix/change it.
2018-7-6
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I really wish there was more details to what was actually done I mean seriously DJI?  This tells us absolutely nothing. And in fact you can roll back three versions.  I upgraded to .400 then I rolled back to .200 and even ran a test flight on .200 then upgraded back to .400 and all is good.  One fix I did notice on .400 from previous is I use to have choppy video on my screen when recording in POI(SD card footage fine) but no longer an issue at all.  So for me all is good to go.  
2018-7-6
Use props
fenian
New
Canada

I was having trouble flying my Mavic Pro over the past 3 days in a very remote location. I was experiencing poor control and I was limited to fly to 30m high and 50m out, or vice versa, I can't remember. I thought it may be due to a military ship with radar and an airport nearby. Anyway, when I got home yesterday I went to a park which is a clear zone with nothing nearby. I experienced the same limitations. I dug deeper and noticed the error message "Ultrasound module malfunction". I did some online research and found no answers except to contact DJI and return for repair or replacement. I was discouraged because this Mavic is fairly new and only had about 10-20 short flights on it. Anyway, last night I noticed this recent firmware upgrade and I did the upgrade. Today I went flying at the same park and had no limitations and the Mavic flew as it should. So for that reason I am happy with the upgrade. Too bad I didn't see the upgrade sooner and have better footage from my remote location shoot. I hope this post helps others who experience this "Ultrasound module malfunction".
2018-7-6
Use props
DONA72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42113 ft
Italy

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-7-5 20:26
E dov'è la versione 4.2.22 di dji per Android?

Esatto dove '....
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-6 16:45
I really wish there was more details to what was actually done I mean seriously DJI?  This tells us absolutely nothing. And in fact you can roll back three versions.  I upgraded to .400 then I rolled back to .200 and even ran a test flight on .200 then upgraded back to .400 and all is good.  One fix I did notice on .400 from previous is I use to have choppy video on my screen when recording in POI(SD card footage fine) but no longer an issue at all.  So for me all is good to go.

Monkey hear no evil , see no evil, speak no evil.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it might be the google store that’s holding this up, as it is accustomed to doing. I suppose if dji didn’t say it. You would be on here shouting for it. Sometimes you just can’t win with some people.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-5 18:56
hello darkness, my old friend.....

Considering many complaining about flying straight and hovering, I would have thought that all would welcome optimizing propulsion system.

The Drones propulsion system provides the necessary power to propel the aircraft for forward flight or hover.
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-6 16:45
I really wish there was more details to what was actually done I mean seriously DJI?  This tells us absolutely nothing. And in fact you can roll back three versions.  I upgraded to .400 then I rolled back to .200 and even ran a test flight on .200 then upgraded back to .400 and all is good.  One fix I did notice on .400 from previous is I use to have choppy video on my screen when recording in POI(SD card footage fine) but no longer an issue at all.  So for me all is good to go.

If DJI did publish proper and detailed release notes, drone owners would be able to make informed decisions as to Upgrading and possibly what level to revert to when they ran into problems; and we can't have that...
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Come on DJI, these are legitimate questions, and not that difficult to answer.

What is meant by - Increased the aircraft data’s security?
What does - Optimized the propulsion system performance?
What problems were fixed or resolved by .0400 release?
What else is different between .0300 and .0400?  
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Answer to second one above, the first is more about protection of dji app, and your data, I presume shielding the app from attempts at hacking , along with users information. Nothing to do with flying.
2018-7-7
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-6 12:48
i dont know if its same exact firmware on standard MP.  my MP no longer flying in a perfectly straight line post .400 update.  at first i thought just my eyes or my controller because its not wondering very fast,  but my mavic pro is wondering slightly left when i'm holding sticks perfectly straight up..   i just calibrated my sticks, the IMU, and replaced the props and still the same slightly wondering left flying back straight, it didn't do that in .300 and prior..

it isn't huge, like 10 feet left every 500 feet forward, not massively moving to the left, just is slightly wondering that way over time., i tested on a road i know is almost perfectly straight going west-east, just to confirm and it does that since i can visually identify it moving left or right by lacing focus crosshairs on the yellow center line.. and ya 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward it seems..

The MP and MPP are same for firmware except for the esc
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 2018-7-7 09:22
The MP and MPP are same for firmware except for the esc

well i rolled back to .300 and my mavic pro flights straight again.. re-upgraded to .400 and it slightly drifts left... very specifically left.. and its at its very slow rate of 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward...

so there is something going on weather its flight controller or something else.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-7 09:27
well i rolled back to .300 and my mavic pro flights straight again.. re-upgraded to .400 and it slightly drifts left... very specifically left.. and its at its very slow rate of 10 feet left for every 500 feet forward...

so there is something going on weather its flight controller or something else.

Well so far most are showing opposite to that.  Maybe post a video showing the drifting, could it be a simple gimbal or IMU calibration needed.
2018-7-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 09:46
Well so far most are showing opposite to that.  Maybe post a video showing the drifting, could it be a simple gimbal or IMU calibration needed.

i already done IMU calibration, and stick calibration.   it distinctly .400 rolling back .300 it does not meander left at all. it keeps tight path.  

and i dont think just the camera, its literally meandering..

i ordered new props just incase...probably need a spare set anyway, i got a few less than smooth edges

my gimbal does however suck!   the rubber band things are a little stretched/fatigued. and causing jelloing at times.. but i found a fix i am going to add a bit of buffer to the drop hooks.. not sure how or what i'm going to do or use, but using tape to test the theory, seems to proved it just slipping past the drop hook causing jiggling...
2018-7-7
Use props
dronerover
New
Flight distance : 2195 ft
United States

I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.
2018-7-7
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules