New Mavic Pro Firmware Release Notes (07/04/2018)
38524 174 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-10 11:27
The video transmission problem (losing video signal, especially on the bottom part of the scren) has been reported very often on .300 and it goes away by switching to Litchi (instead of DJI Go 4) or downgrading DJI Go 4 to .16 instead of .20. There might be other factors involved and that appears to be your case, but it clearly does not seem strictly related to .400. It existed way before .400 existed.

Updating to .0400 Firmware, recal, + IMU cal did not solve the transmission issues for me or many others. What did was reverting back to Go4 4.2.14. It's the app that has been the problem for a while now. After 4.2.16 it has been downhill. 4.2.20 for most Android devices is unusable. Litchi does work.
2018-7-10
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-7-10 09:03
I bit the bullet and upgraded to the latest version on my iPad Mini and MPP.  I decided to take a step further and reset all of the settings.  Once it reset I took it out and calibrated the IMU and compass for good measure.

I power-cycled and waited for GPS lock.  I saw some rain clouds in the distance so I couldn't fly it far the first trip.  But, I did let it hover for 30-45 seconds from take off and it was steady as before.  I took it up to ~350' and let it hover also.  I flew it around a bit at different altitudes and it seem to function correctly. It was very steady also.  I guess I am one of the fortunate ones that wasn't affected by the upgrade.  

When I started the update it said 30 min mobile (mini4). On the computer the update estimated 15 minutes. It took a while.

After the update I had maybe 15 min of daylight, but I wanted to see if I got the drifting issues others had reported, or the yaw glitch.  From what I could see, it was ok. I'll test it more thoroughly this weekend.
2018-7-10
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-10 21:17
Updating to .0400 Firmware, recal, + IMU cal did not solve the transmission issues for me or many others. What did was reverting back to Go4 4.2.14. It's the app that has been the problem for a while now. After 4.2.16 it has been downhill. 4.2.20 for most Android devices is unusable. Litchi does work.

DJI officially stated to me and others (as early as 2 days ago) that with respect to video transmission issue (and App lag including AC Disconnects) that "there is no problem with DJI Go4 Software or firmware".  This is a lie.  The video transmission issue began July 26th 2017 with 4.1.4.  I've been fighting hard and dealing with support for nearly a year on this issue (I suffered total loss of my Mavic as a result).  One YEAR folks.  Back then it did not seem to have a widespread affect but I've seen a ramping up of people experiencing this to the point now where I think this has the potential to explode into a major PR issue for DJI.  I will soon have a new Mavic and at this point I'm totally lost for what combination of SW/FW should work (best guess is 4.1.16 on .300 ??) as I expected that after a YEAR of this issue that it would be long behind us; it seems clear that this issue is more prevalent than ever.  This is so disappointing DJI!  I really like the Go4 interface- please DJI- acquire Litchi asap and put us all out of our misery already.
2018-7-10
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Italy

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-10 13:41
I believe reason some people only recently ran into video transmission problem (Pixlation, smearing, blurring, ...) is because they were still on Firmware prior to .0300 release.  Seen at least one person here mention going from .0100 FW.

I have the pixelation problem on .200, when I use Go 4 app .20
Screenshot_2018-07-11-09-21-42.jpg
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-7-10 22:31
DJI officially stated to me and others (as early as 2 days ago) that with respect to video transmission issue (and App lag including AC Disconnects) that "there is no problem with DJI Go4 Software or firmware".  This is a lie.  The video transmission issue began July 26th 2017 with 4.1.4.  I've been fighting hard and dealing with support for nearly a year on this issue (I suffered total loss of my Mavic as a result).  One YEAR folks.  Back then it did not seem to have a widespread affect but I've seen a ramping up of people experiencing this to the point now where I think this has the potential to explode into a major PR issue for DJI.  I will soon have a new Mavic and at this point I'm totally lost for what combination of SW/FW should work (best guess is 4.1.16 on .300 ??) as I expected that after a YEAR of this issue that it would be long behind us; it seems clear that this issue is more prevalent than ever.  This is so disappointing DJI!  I really like the Go4 interface- please DJI- acquire Litchi asap and put us all out of our misery already.

I will soon have a new Mavic and at this point I'm totally lost for what combination of SW/FW should work (best guess is 4.1.16 on .300 ??)

Not sure how GO-4 App versions running on Android OS and iOs crosses over to GO-4 App running on CrystalSky.  

Anyway, first time I ran into Live view video streaming problem of Pixelation / Blurring / Smearing with CrystalSky was when I updated Mavic Pro to Firmware .0300.
When I rollbacked to Firmware .0200, the Live view video problem went away.
While I was trying to get DJI's Assistant-2 to work as it should, Mavic Pro got re-updated to .0300 Firmware, and Live view video streaming problem was back.
After testing Assistant-2 with .0300 FW (and it not helping), I rolled Mavic Pro back .0200 Firmware, and Live view video problem went away.

Since then, I have rolled Mavic Pro back to .0100 Firmware and rolled Crystal Sky back to previous OS / GO-4 app release, Version 2.6.3.0 or V2630 (April 12, 2018 release).

All this is to say, I would start with Firmware .0200 for Mavic Pro.  Then backoff GO-4 App to 4.1.16 or earlier.

Best of Luck!

2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-10 23:23
I have the pixelation problem on .200, when I use Go 4 app .20

Perhaps Live view streaming Pixelation problem is caused by either Mavic Pro Firmware or SmartDevice GO-4 App?  With Pixelation problem being similar enough as to mask that either Firmware or GO-4 App have problems.  

Be a whole lot easier to figure out what is going on, if DJI publicly acknowledge problem, was up front about it, and let us know what they know.

2018-7-10
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Bolivia

WARNING:  If you own and use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2S it will stop working with DJO GO 4 latest update!  Brilliant!  
2018-7-11
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-10 21:22
When I started the update it said 30 min mobile (mini4). On the computer the update estimated 15 minutes. It took a while.

After the update I had maybe 15 min of daylight, but I wanted to see if I got the drifting issues others had reported, or the yaw glitch.  From what I could see, it was ok. I'll test it more thoroughly this weekend.

I always update via my computer, never from my iPad.  It's just painfully slow.. :/
2018-7-11
Use props
t3kn0thug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78547 ft
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-7-11 05:57
I always update via my computer, never from my iPad.  It's just painfully slow.. :/

I agree and would add that to have the best chance of successfully upgrading firmware, you should use a hard wired connection and avoid wireless updating at all cost.

Now if you are in the field and grounded by a mandatory update you only have 2 choices, chance a wireless update and fly, or pack it up and go home... (that's why I always bring a backup)
2018-7-11
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-10 23:45
Perhaps Live view streaming Pixelation problem is caused by either Mavic Pro Firmware or SmartDevice GO-4 App?  With Pixelation problem being similar enough as to mask that either Firmware or GO-4 App have problems.  

Be a whole lot easier to figure out what is going on, if DJI publicly acknowledge problem, was up front about it, and let us know what they know.

You are correct- it is impossible to be certain if the problem lies solely within specific Go4 versions or if there is also some relation to what FW as well without support from DJI on this.  I have a theory that this issue may be rooted with DJI's implementation of SecNeo.  So many problem with all devices including 'comparable' especially since they started using this to protect their code; and they can't / will not remove it.

These forums and feedback from USERS are our only hope.
2018-7-11
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

dronerover Posted at 2018-7-7 10:16
I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.

This has been going on for months now. The fix is to roll back or buy a new device. The Go4 app improved features are very heavy on compute resources. I fought this and finally gave up and just bought a Apple Mini 4.
2018-7-11
Use props
CannabisManiak
lvl.1

Ukraine

baby sex
2018-7-11
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft

I did my update the other evening and it was a nightmare.  First 4 attempts were with RC connected to PC and AC connected to RC.  Got to the transmission and at about half way disconnected from the AC then said update failed.  Turn off and on and then said mismatch in firmware versions and it rolled back to .300.  Connected to the AC direct with the RC off and got to 81% transmission then stopped twice, next time got to 5% then stopped.  Each time I had no choice but to turn off and hope it wasn't bricked.  Next attempt got all the way through then did the update, I was assuming the RC would still be on the old version but when connected to the AC and PC it said all was now up to.400.  I just hope when I take it out all is well, Over 3 hours and 2 batteries to do an update is very poor.
2018-7-11
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

dbparti024 Posted at 2018-7-11 08:55
This has been going on for months now. The fix is to roll back or buy a new device. The Go4 app improved features are very heavy on compute resources. I fought this and finally gave up and just bought a Apple Mini 4.

So far my Mini 4 is good with the new FW, as is the S3 Tablet on Go4 4.2.14. I fly in full HD mode too and the feed is fine on the S3 which is plenty hardware wise to supoort Go4 even as big as that app is. 4.2.20 just ruined the feed for Android users. EDit: DJI is now providing the 4.2.16 app for Android users, and are working on a fix. Great to hear.

2018-7-11
Use props
Treetopuas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10069 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:26
That problem is related to DJI Go 4 app, version 4.2.20. It happens with Mavic Pro firmware .300 too. You can downgrade the app to 4.2.16 to avoid it.

0Kajuna0, you are absolutely correct.  I have been dealing with the video breakup problem for the past few days.  On the recommendation of DJI support, I downgraded the Go4 app from 4.2.22 to 4.2.16 and the problem is gone.  AND the app load faster, runs faster and has less video latency.  THE APP IS THE PROBLEM!
  Doug
2018-7-11
Use props
_Artem_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78665 ft
Russia

Treetopuas Posted at 2018-7-11 18:29
0Kajuna0, you are absolutely correct.  I have been dealing with the video breakup problem for the past few days.  On the recommendation of DJI support, I downgraded the Go4 app from 4.2.22 to 4.2.16 and the problem is gone.  AND the app load faster, runs faster and has less video latency.  THE APP IS THE PROBLEM!
  Doug

Good day!

Would you be so kind to recommend how to downgrade the Go 4 app from 4.2.22 to 4.2.16 ?
2018-7-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

_Artem_ Posted at 2018-7-12 00:32
Good day!

Would you be so kind to recommend how to downgrade the Go 4 app from 4.2.22 to 4.2.16 ?

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... htype=apk&s=dji
2018-7-12
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must say, I'm incredibly impressed with this Huawei Ascend XT2 (aka Wunderphone).  YMMV obviously, but I went out to a local reservior today and flew two batteries and this thing was flawless - latest firmware, latest Go 4.   I was even a bit 'careless' with the app - meaning I exited several times while the MP was hovering so I could adjust other phone settings and then went back into the app without hitch.   No glitches, disconnects, pixelation, etc.   I'm willing to bet there are others who have had problems with it, but for me it's been great, and it was only $50 US when I bought it.  I pulled the SIM and use it strictly for flying.  FWIW.

LP
2018-7-12
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

_Artem_ Posted at 2018-7-12 00:32
Good day!

For Android users:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html

See post #4 for link to apk

Update all your flight records and sync them. If any older cache video you want to save, go to DJI Record folder on your phone memory under DJI.
Copy those files to your computer or phone sd card.

Uninstall the 4.2.20

Go to Play Store and disable Auto Update on the app.
Install the 4.2.16 app. Check your phone app update options on Go4 to DO NOT update (varies from device to device). Should fix it.
2018-7-12
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Had a flight yesterday after the .0400 FW update install. One was good, a later flight my MP became disconnected in the app (4.2.14). Prior to .0400 update on .0300 with Go 4.2.14 and had many uneventful hard test flights. I do this so we can see what we can offer to our drone club members here locally.

Restarting the app did not fix it. Restarting device did not fix it. Telem data was still updating on RC so I flew it back on my own. Even with "aircraft disconnected" in the app, The green led was flashing normally.

I had been flying in Sport mode, went out a good bit, yawed some and that is when it disconnected. I will try again this week and slow the yaw rates and see if that helps. I was buzzing it around pretty good and in dramatic yaw circling at various heights.. 100, 150, 250, and max. Was flying just fine. No warnings from the app. No wind warnings either even at high alt. It was a calm wind day 7mph at 300'. Shortly after those tests is when I went straight out from my home position banked hard, yawed some after braking and it disconnected about 370' up.

I did not recal compass or IMU. I was not prompted to do so. I could try that as well, though there were NO errors from app for IMU or Compass. It just went "aircraft disconnected" in the app and that was that.

I'll also try that again with my mini4 and see if that crashes. I did talk to a fellow MP user today who said .0400 crashed the app on his iPad Pro after install. Similar things. Tight yaw and "aircraft disconnected" in the app. He restarted the app, and the iPP and it still indicated the same error. He is a good uas pilot so he got the craft back easily without RTH needed. He said he was doing turns and yaws in a field of about 14 acres, and craft was a good 3000' from the rc.
2018-7-12
Use props
Treetopuas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10069 ft
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-12 14:45
For Android users:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.htm

You left the "l" off of "html" in your post.  
I am so glad we are getting to the bottom of this mess.  Hats off to all who contributed.
   Doug
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

t3kn0thug Posted at 2018-7-11 08:08
I agree and would add that to have the best chance of successfully upgrading firmware, you should use a hard wired connection and avoid wireless updating at all cost.

You may be able to get around an update, by disabling your SmartDevice's Cellular connection, and if WiFi is nearby disabling that too.  Essentially putting SmartDevice in Airplane mode.

Then power cycle everything.  

When GO-4 gets restarted, it won't be able to check for updates against your current Mavic Pro firm.  
2018-7-12
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Treetopuas Posted at 2018-7-12 19:04
You left the "l" off of "html" in your post.  
I am so glad we are getting to the bottom of this mess.  Hats off to all who contributed.

Thank You. Edited

Yeah there are many people in both iOS and Android communities that are taking note of what has been happening as this App grows far beyond what is needed.

My hope is they split the Mavics and Spark from the others. That will shrink the app a ton. Having this app at 550+ Meg is crazy big. Your OS eats up a good amount, and the apps can't all be shut off. Doesn't leave a lot of room even at 3G ram devices. My Note 8 runs perfect on 4.2.20 but it is a 6G ram device. My S3 Tab runs well enough, but gets glitchy here and there. Does not run well at all when the HD 1080 feed is chosen, and it ran perfectly for months before the 4.2.20 update. Started noticing failures after 4.2.16. S3 on 4.2.16 at full HD 1080 feed runs fine. No bad latency, no chopped up video feed. Latency is a little better in "regular" transmission mode. I like to use the HD feed for more detail when shooting or capturing images. For just buzzing around, I can do the 720 feed just fine.

My mini4 is ok for now, but my bet is if the app gets bigger, it will suffer too, as has other iOS devices teeter tottering on what the app requirements are presently.

I'm not a programmer, but a lot of folks in the local drone club are, or are at least connected to people who do app coding for a living. Most have gawked at the app size. Many call it overkill, or device killer. lol.

Hopeful that DJI get this sorted out. Even some CS folks have had issues. That should get some action. That product is their proprietary device, and it is on Android.

Another user in the community had suggested to try re-assigning the video cache to SD card internal to device instead of internal mem. Some are going to test that this weekend and see if that helps any at all.
2018-7-12
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I did some testes toda with several updates versions. Here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-156854-1-1.html
2018-7-13
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

Hello everyone.

I have not been flying for a while, but i tested flying now for a while and it worked perfect, no issue at all.

But i have not updated the firmware for a while also, my current version is:

App - 4.2.20
AC - 01.04.0100
and the RC is the same as the AC.

And like i said, it was no issue at all when i tried, i did empty two batteries. And the thing is, im going on a trip for a few days and the drone is very important. And i
dont wanna break anything now, will update when i come back home, is it ok to continue flying with that firmware?

Thanks
2018-7-13
Use props
iosouza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585512 ft

Asteroid function in Mavic Pro?
2018-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Okay Guys, so my Pro when it came today shipped with firmware 0100 and Rc same, i did a small flight when the rain let up and worked flawlessly like my old Pro did, done the update to 0400 and another small test flight, this time i got errors of compass reduncy switch, Also noticed a very bad drift to the left(Yes i did an IMU recal etc) same take off spot so downgraded firmware back to 0100 including Rc and again took off same spot no error. Going to leave it on 0100 like my old Pro as this was very stable with my long flights and had no issues there.
2018-7-14
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

I flew mine for the first time today since the update from 0300 to 0400 and no where near as sable when hovering as it was, has a tendency to drift over to the left very slowly when hovering.  also even though the forward detection sounds it doesn't reverse anymore when I approach it.
2018-7-14
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So my Android phone just updated to 4.2.21.   Haven't seen that version mentioned yet.  Any ideas on what changed?

LP
2018-7-14
Use props
M K ULTRA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-6 16:45
I really wish there was more details to what was actually done I mean seriously DJI?  This tells us absolutely nothing. And in fact you can roll back three versions.  I upgraded to .400 then I rolled back to .200 and even ran a test flight on .200 then upgraded back to .400 and all is good.  One fix I did notice on .400 from previous is I use to have choppy video on my screen when recording in POI(SD card footage fine) but no longer an issue at all.  So for me all is good to go.

Interesting...this may be hit or miss.  After the update,  my POI orbit had consistent lapses with the video.  haven't checked the card, although it's probably fine.
2018-7-14
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

M K ULTRA Posted at 2018-7-14 12:03
Interesting...this may be hit or miss.  After the update,  my POI orbit had consistent lapses with the video.  haven't checked the card, although it's probably fine.

Is that on your device screen or the sd card or both?
2018-7-14
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

SO went back to 0300, as I found the other day it is impossible for me to update both together.  Every time does download, does transmit then update goes to 42% and fails.  Did RC on its own OK, did AC on its own OK.  Together is always a fail as per the screen shot below.

2018-7-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-7-14 09:44
Okay Guys, so my Pro when it came today shipped with firmware 0100 and Rc same, i did a small flight when the rain let up and worked flawlessly like my old Pro did, done the update to 0400 and another small test flight, this time i got errors of compass reduncy switch, Also noticed a very bad drift to the left(Yes i did an IMU recal etc) same take off spot so downgraded firmware back to 0100 including Rc and again took off same spot no error. Going to leave it on 0100 like my old Pro as this was very stable with my long flights and had no issues there.

That's pretty telling.  .0100 flies fine.  Upgrade to .0400 have problems.  Revert to .0100 and problems go away.
2018-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-14 20:15
That's pretty telling.  .0100 flies fine.  Upgrade to .0400 have problems.  Revert to .0100 and problems go away.

That seems to be correct
2018-7-15
Use props
M K ULTRA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-14 13:07
Is that on your device screen or the sd card or both?

The device screen (iPad mini)  and the cached video on the mini both had skips during the POI.  The video on the sd card was fine.
2018-7-15
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-7-14 13:07
SO went back to 0300, as I found the other day it is impossible for me to update both together.  Every time does download, does transmit then update goes to 42% and fails.  Did RC on its own OK, did AC on its own OK.  Together is always a fail as per the screen shot below.

[view_image]

I have this same issue with ONE of my MPs.  The other updates together just fine.   My error code is different and it quits at 44%, but I can still update them independently just fine.   DJI hasn't provided any clues yet that might help me diagnose it...

LP
2018-7-15
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Android app updated to 4.2.21. Can't try it right now. Anyone having the video feed problem on .20 can check if .21 solves it? The change log omits the problem.
2018-7-15
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

Is it possible that the software coders are making too many changes to the App?  I have known software grow massively when issues are corrected by bypassing the problems and not rewriting.  The App then becomes bloated with loads of unused coding.  Perhaps a complete rewrite is needed in order to start again with new slim code build with the required functions from the outset.  Another idea is that DJI supply me with totally free equipment and I will test the latest updates for them and help develop it :-)
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-7-15 13:11
Is it possible that the software coders are making too many changes to the App?  I have known software grow massively when issues are corrected by bypassing the problems and not rewriting.  The App then becomes bloated with loads of unused coding.  Perhaps a complete rewrite is needed in order to start again with new slim code build with the required functions from the outset.  Another idea is that DJI supply me with totally free equipment and I will test the latest updates for them and help develop it :-)

I have known software grow massively when issues are corrected by bypassing the problems and not rewriting.  
Perhaps a complete rewrite is needed...

Yes.  Quite possible.  
Seen similar.  Patches on top of Patches, with new features thrown into mix of Patches.  Bloated Spaghetti code.

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:28
Are you working on a DJI Go 4 update? .20 has severe video transmission problems as many people with multiple (supported and powerful but unsupported) devices have shown.

Yes, we've received some feedback about the compatibility issues of DJI GO 4 on the Android 8, our engineers are working on it. We'll release as long as the new version is ready. You may try to downgrade the DJI GO 4 to fix the live video issue temporarily. Appreciate your patience and support.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules