Phantom 3 standard newbie question
1228 20 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianentz
lvl.1
United States

I'm just getting started with my drone and I really love it, but one question. Is there a way to review the video that I just shot on my iphone. I can see the video on my iphone 7 as I'm shooting, but can't see how to review the footage. If not, is there a recomended device that will allow me to plug the sd card in and review the footage I just shot?

2018-7-5
Use props
brianentz
lvl.1
United States

I should add that I clicked on the little play icon in the bottom right of the screen, but that didn't play anything back.
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Down toward the bottom right of the screen, is there a triangle "play" icon?
Click on that to review stills and video.
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

brianentz Posted at 2018-7-5 19:01
I should add that I clicked on the little play icon in the bottom right of the screen, but that didn't play anything back.

That's the only way .... and it should work if the Phantom is connected.
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

I should add that I clicked on the little play icon in the bottom right of the screen, but that didn't play anything back.

That's the only way .... and it should work if the Phantom is connected.
2018-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-5 19:35
That's the only way .... and it should work if the Phantom is connected.

You can say that again...

Oh you already did. Ok...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-5 19:35
That's the only way .... and it should work if the Phantom is connected.

Yes, the sd card needs the drone to power it up. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-7-5
Use props
X-Ray
New

United States

How do enable multiple flight modes for my phantom 3 std in the DJI app. I downloaded litchi just to give it a try.... But I’m a bit skeptical on how it responds and functionality.  
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

X-Ray Posted at 2018-7-5 21:51
How do enable multiple flight modes for my phantom 3 std in the DJI app. I downloaded litchi just to give it a try.... But I’m a bit skeptical on how it responds and functionality.

P52 of your manual which is here:   https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.4.pdf
There should be no difference in the way the Phantom responds whether you use Litchi or DJI Go

2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and also, we apologize for the inconvenience. You may view the recorded videos and photos on the app itself. Just tap the Editor in the first page of the app.
2018-7-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As already said the play is supposed to be working but it takes some time as when pressed it first would have to transfer the low resolution copies from the aircraft to the app gallery from where it can be watched. there should be no need to use the builtin editor.
2018-7-6
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I have an Android Tablet and a P3Standard.  In my DJI App menu, there is a selection for "Cache Locally".  It automatically saves all flights when in Record mode,  and saves them in my Gallery. I can play them back anytime without the drone being turned on.  I also have an App called AZRecord, that I can turn on to record my screen like a video screenshot.  It records all menu and instrument readings at the same time.  That is also saved in the Gallery for later playback.
2018-7-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

djordan2 Posted at 2018-7-8 06:57
I have an Android Tablet and a P3Standard.  In my DJI App menu, there is a selection for "Cache Locally".  It automatically saves all flights when in Record mode,  and saves them in my Gallery. I can play them back anytime without the drone being turned on.  I also have an App called AZRecord, that I can turn on to record my screen like a video screenshot.  It records all menu and instrument readings at the same time.  That is also saved in the Gallery for later playback.

I think guy is asking how to view the HD video on the SD card via the APP ... not the low res cached video on the tablet.

Personally I don't like via the app and prefer to transfer SD card to reader on my PC .. I can even plug in SD card to my tablet direct .. better than having AC on powered up etc.

Nigel
2018-7-8
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer

I agree.   The App or Tablet version is not quite as good.  But you can at least view what you have recorded while still in the field.  If you don't like it, delete it and go up again.  My Samsung Tablet also has a mini SD card slot.  I can remove the SD card from the drone and insert it into the Tablet.  Then navigate to the video and play it like on my computer.
2018-7-8
Use props
Timg688
New

Did you download it to the phone
2018-7-8
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer

My Samsung phone also has a mini SD card slot near the battery.  But I do not use the phone when flying.  So I don't know if that will work or not.  But if I select "Cache Locally" in the app, I know it will save a copy on the phone as well.
2018-7-8
Use props
X-Ray
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-5 23:05
P52 of your manual which is here:   https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf
There should be no difference in the way the Phantom responds whether you use Litchi or DJI Go

Awesome thank you for the link to the manual!
2018-7-8
Use props
X-Ray
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-7-8 07:58
You enable Multiple Flight Modes in the Aircraft settings within the DJI Go app.

Aside from manual & advanced modes, the best feature of Litchi is Waypoint Mode.  This allows you to program autonomous flights beyond RC range.  Do your homework & your P3 Standard becomes an incredibly capable bird.

Awesome!  since Ive only been used to the dji app the litchi app scared me a bit to navigate. What your saying is with litchi I can send my drone beyond the limits of my controller/receiver!

That’s a lot of trust in the software....This is my first dji device won’t lie I was a nervous wreck just sending it in a mission around my park. Watching it do it’s own thing will just take some getting used too I’m assuming. Lol

Q: So at such distances.. Are you still able to see what’s going on on your tablet or phone?  Or is the footage you capture a mystery till your bird comes home?

Your work is definitely  showing the distance you send these things! Excellent images my friend! Thank you
2018-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

X-Ray Posted at 2018-7-9 00:02
Awesome!  since Ive only been used to the dji app the litchi app scared me a bit to navigate. What your saying is with litchi I can send my drone beyond the limits of my controller/receiver!

That’s a lot of trust in the software....This is my first dji device won’t lie I was a nervous wreck just sending it in a mission around my park. Watching it do it’s own thing will just take some getting used too I’m assuming. Lol

Q: So at such distances.. Are you still able to see what’s going on on your tablet or phone?  Or is the footage you capture a mystery till your bird comes home?
If your Phantom is within range and signal is maintained, you see what's going own.
If you get beyond signal range, you see nothing.
2018-7-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Perhaps setting a maximum distance is a good thing, for new drone pilots.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-9
Use props
X-Ray
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-9 00:36
If your Phantom is within range and signal is maintained, you see what's going own.
If you get beyond signal range, you see nothing.

Ok I assumed that is was what would happen. I will build up the courage to send her out slowly till I have the confidence of its return. Thank you for the advice
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules