DJI Go 4.2.16 - using MAPBOX Offline
2195 8 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft

Hi All,
I recently updated Go 4, firstly to Go 4.2.20 then rolled back to .16,  because I need to use the POI feature on an  Inspire 2.  I need the feature which allows centering the POI from a map / satelite image  point rather than overflying it.    This is for safety reasons.

I updated to 4.2.20 and discovered that  Google Maps had  gone, replaced by a blank screen with a mapbox logo.  I downloaded the  map and satelite tiles for the area and all was ok - until I went  offline and, when restarted,  the maps had vanished!

Having rolled back to 4.2.16, I can now keep the offline maps but can't  save any satelite image tiles for offline use.  This means that I can't locate centre  points for POI shots accurately enough.  Am I missing something?

My operating system is Android, updated, and using a late version nexus 7.
BTW, why did DJI abandon Google? I had absolutely no problems with it?  

Any help appreciated.

2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide to me the firmware version of your aircraft, camera and remote controller?
2018-7-6
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4

Hello Wanda, thanks for the quick resonse.

AC 01.02.0100
RC 01.01.0010
CAM 01.07.20.98
GIMBAL 01.41.00.102
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GeoffG Posted at 2018-7-6 01:00
Hello Wanda, thanks for the quick resonse.

AC 01.02.0100

Thank you for that. We will forward this concern to our engineers to provide accurate information for you. We will keep you updated. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-7-6
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4

Thanks Wanda.  
In the meantime, is there is any way to revert to Google Maps with an earlier Go version which will still allow the POI function with the Inspire2?  I have a production going into post now, and need a couple of these shots.

Alternatively, is it possible to mark an accurate position on the MAPBOX map with a waypoint transferred fron another ap,  or to use chart co-ordinates to mark the map?  
2018-7-6
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft

I have the same problem, the long awaited POI function of selecting a point on the map is not useable without the satellite maps, and if you have no internet, you cannot use this very valuable function. Please let me know when there is a solution.
Thank you.
2018-7-12
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm surprised at the  lack of interest in this problem and wonder whether people just don't use the satelite image feature, or is it just a few people who have the issue.  My OS is Android, does IOS have the same issue?

My planned work around at the moment is to get an image on screen whilst online and identify the POI by referencing to known points on the map (at a good zoon level) so that later I can  set the POI from the map whilst offline.  I havn't tried it yet though.
2018-7-12
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-6 01:57
Thank you for that. We will forward this concern to our engineers to provide accurate information for you. We will keep you updated. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Any word on this issue yet Wanda?  It seems that offline sat images are available with IOS GS Pro (although you have to pay).  Perhaps that's why it has not been implemented for Android.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GeoffG Posted at 2018-7-16 04:16
Any word on this issue yet Wanda?  It seems that offline sat images are available with IOS GS Pro (although you have to pay).  Perhaps that's why it has not been implemented for Android.

We don't have anything yet, I'm sorry. But you're are correct that GS Pro is only available for iPad.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules