Osmo Mobile 2 just dies..
6828 13 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

I started a thread about this yesterday, but I cant fint it somewhere, so it might not have been published or anything before I closed the page.

But, I bought a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 just  1 1/2 week ago, and I have an annoying problem.
The first time i noticed this, was when using the Filmic app, and i thought it could be that DJI had "locked" the Osmo to just work with their app, but it happens also when using the GO app.

The thing is that the Osmo Mobile 2, just "turnes off", and dies - like the gimbals just shuts down, and the phone is dangeling. The unit itself is turned on, and i have to turn it off, and on again to make it work. Then it can be good for 15-20-40 minutes, and then just die again. The app says it has to be restartet, and thats what I do.
This is terrible for me, when shooting up to 30 min or more, and have to start all over again. I cant be walking around thinking: "Please dont shut down, please dont shut down" either :-P

Does anyone else have this problem, or got any tips for me to avoid this?

The symptoms are the same, as if I would turn the unit off while the phone is in the clip. It just stops balancing, but the lights are still lit.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize that you're having issues with your Osmo. Did you try to update the firmware? If yes, may I know what firmware version your unit currently have? May I also know what model of the mobile device are you using?
2018-7-6
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-6 04:19
Hello there. We apologize that you're having issues with your Osmo. Did you try to update the firmware? If yes, may I know what firmware version your unit currently have? May I also know what model of the mobile device are you using?

I have not updated the firmware.. and as for now i dont know where to fint the FW number
2018-7-6
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Is the phone balanced?  OSMO will shut down like that if the phone is not balanced and the motors have to work to hard to keep the position.
2018-7-6
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

LouisP Posted at 2018-7-6 11:12
Is the phone balanced?  OSMO will shut down like that if the phone is not balanced and the motors have to work to hard to keep the position.

Yes, the phone is balanced real good. And the gimbals does not get warm either
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-7 13:14
Yes, the phone is balanced real good. And the gimbals does not get warm either

Please provide the firmware version and app version under "about" page which you could find as well on the gear icon and look for the general settings.
2018-7-8
Use props
fans695a35cb
lvl.1
Norway

FW: 2.2.0.30
App: 3.1.42 (2932)

Have found another small bug, and that is that the Osmo keeps drifts by from time to time. If I put the Osmo on a tripod, it drift towards the left almost like a sloooooow pan :-/
2018-7-9
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

I have no idea why there is another username that shows up when posting from my phone, and one from my MacBook Pro.... but the answer above this was mine, with the FW-number, and app-number..

2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans695a35cb Posted at 2018-7-9 03:33
FW: 2.2.0.30
App: 3.1.42 (2932)

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. What do you mean by drift by?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-9 03:41
I have no idea why there is another username that shows up when posting from my phone, and one from my MacBook Pro.... but the answer above this was mine, with the FW-number, and app-number..

Hello there. What do you mean by that?
2018-7-11
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 08:41
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. What do you mean by drift by?

If I hold the Oslo Mobile 2 still, like pointing on one fixed place, using a tripod, or holding it steady, it slowly turns towards the left without me turning..
2018-7-13
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 08:42
Hello there. What do you mean by that?

When replying or starting a new tread on this forum, using my MacBook, i have my usual username. Logging in, and replying or starting a new tread using my iPhone, makes the reply or tread be startet by a username that is not like the one I'm using now
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-13 11:12
If I hold the Oslo Mobile 2 still, like pointing on one fixed place, using a tripod, or holding it steady, it slowly turns towards the left without me turning..

Is the Osmo turned on?
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-13 11:13
When replying or starting a new tread on this forum, using my MacBook, i have my usual username. Logging in, and replying or starting a new tread using my iPhone, makes the reply or tread be startet by a username that is not like the one I'm using now

Do you have a screenshot of it?
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules