7591 22 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Finally I got my DJI CoPilot I ordered a couple of months ago! I wish I had it last weekend on my big job, but better late then never. I'm charging it right now, and will test it later.
2018-7-6
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Let us know what you think ! How fast is the transfer speed - is it getting the 380 MB/s that are advertised ?
2018-7-11
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-7-11 00:52
Let us know what you think ! How fast is the transfer speed - is it getting the 380 MB/s that are advertised ?

I'm sorry to say that right now I have issues with the CoPilot, as it seems it does not yet work with the Inspire 2 CineSSD (at least not with the coming exFAT file system). The CineSSD's light turns green when connected to the CoPilot, but the CoPilot either does not find the USB device (check USB), or does not find a file system.

It works with the Inspire 1's SSD, and USB-adapter with SD card. I guess it will work with a lone SD card also then. But personally I bought it for use with the Inspire 2's CineSSD. Shooting 5.2K RAW tends to fill some disks, so having the CoPilot to offload the images to, without the need to have a laptop as a middle between the CineSSD and a standard USB drive would have been nice.

I've written support e-mails to Lacie for several days now. Today I learned that they will get in touch with the engineers/software developers there. Hopefully it is just a firmware issue, and not a hardware design flaw, like the CoPilot's USB port not giving enough power.
2018-7-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Rob W Posted at 2018-7-11 07:38
I'm sorry to say that right now I have issues with the CoPilot, as it seems it does not yet work with the Inspire 2 CineSSD (at least not with the coming exFAT file system). The CineSSD's light turns green when connected to the CoPilot, but the CoPilot either does not find the USB device (check USB), or does not find a file system.

It works with the Inspire 1's SSD, and USB-adapter with SD card. I guess it will work with a lone SD card also then. But personally I bought it for use with the Inspire 2's CineSSD. Shooting 5.2K RAW tends to fill some disks, so having the CoPilot to offload the images to, without the need to have a laptop as a middle between the CineSSD and a standard USB drive would have been nice.

Thank you for your update ! In the advertising video you can see them using a inspire 2 cine ssd/reader !? How can it work with the inspire 1 ssd as they use this proprietary file system and you need the cinelight app to access the files!? I feel like if it works with inspire 1 ssd it has to work with inspire 2 ssd as well.

please keep us posted what you find out !
2018-7-11
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-7-11 08:40
Thank you for your update ! In the advertising video you can see them using a inspire 2 cine ssd/reader !? How can it work with the inspire 1 ssd as they use this proprietary file system and you need the cinelight app to access the files!? I feel like if it works with inspire 1 ssd it has to work with inspire 2 ssd as well.

please keep us posted what you find out !

Sorry, I should have been more clear - It can read the Inspire 1's FAT32 partition, the folder containing OSX and Win folders with the CineLight software and docs. It can't read the proprietary file system containing the images.

I will format the Inspire 2 SSD back to the FAT32 file system tomorrow and test if it makes any difference. Right now it is formatted with the new file system exFAT (I've run betas on the Inspire 2). But the CoPilot should be able to handle exFAT according to online documentation:

DJI Copilot hard drive format

While the default storage format used by DJI Copilot (exFAT) is universal for Mac and Windows, you have the potential for better transfer rates by changing it to one of the following:

• macOS: HFS+ (Journaled)
  • Windows: NTFS

2018-7-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Rob W Posted at 2018-7-11 09:23
Sorry, I should have been more clear - It can read the Inspire 1's FAT32 partition, the folder containing OSX and Win folders with the CineLight software and docs. It can't read the proprietary file system containing the images.

I will format the Inspire 2 SSD back to the FAT32 file system tomorrow and test if it makes any difference. Right now it is formatted with the new file system exFAT (I've run betas on the Inspire 2). But the CoPilot should be able to handle exFAT according to online documentation:

that´s interesting ! didn´t know that there are transfer speed differences between exfat, hfs+ and ntfs ... thanx for the update !
2018-7-12
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

hi rob,

did you get it to work ? i am still holding back from ordering as my only use case would be the inspire 2 cine ssd .....
2018-7-27
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

No, I'm still waiting for the technicians to work it out, if they can. Hopefully they can fix it in firmware, but I don't know. It's a fiasco, releasing a product without it even working as it should and was announced nearly half a year before release. If your only use is with the Inspire 2 and CineSSD (as it is for me, too), I would urge you to wait and see what happens.
2018-7-27
Use props
michaelk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6054295 ft
  • >>>

same here. can't believe this !
no way to copy files from the dji cine ssd.
please hurry up dji !
2018-8-4
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

I got a reply that a new release will be made somewhere around the 20th of August.
2018-8-9
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2018-8-9 06:17
I got a reply that a new release will be made somewhere around the 20th of August.

I'm curious, Rob...did the exFAT update ever arrive? I'm looking at this for an upcoming trip.

Barry
2018-9-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

Yes, the update arrived and it seems to work. I haven't testet it so much with the SSD yet, I only had some photos on it, but it worked so all looks well.
Yesterday I had it with me testing the M2P for the first time. I only had a small 16GB card in the Mavic, so I used the CoPilot to backup the card. Now I'm happy with the CoPilot.
2018-9-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2018-9-1 21:32
Hi,

Yes, the update arrived and it seems to work. I haven't testet it so much with the SSD yet, I only had some photos on it, but it worked so all looks well.

Cool... thanks... . so to confirm, it sees the Cinessd (via cinessd station) and you were able to copy (photos) over from it.. ?

2018-9-3
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-9-3 09:45
Cool... thanks... . so to confirm, it sees the Cinessd (via cinessd station) and you were able to copy (photos) over from it.. ?

Yes. Be sure to upgrade the firmware first.  
2018-9-3
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rob W Posted at 2018-9-3 21:05
Yes. Be sure to upgrade the firmware first.

Where does one download the latest firmware for the boss? I’m hoping to transfer from my cinessd but wonder what the transfer speeds are like?
2018-10-14
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-10-14 04:55
Where does one download the latest firmware for the boss? I’m hoping to transfer from my cinessd but wonder what the transfer speeds are like?

You update the firmware via your phone/tablet and the Boss app. Connect the drive to your phone/tablet first, of course. Check in the app for updates.
2018-10-14
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Rob W Posted at 2018-10-14 05:58
You update the firmware via your phone/tablet and the Boss app. Connect the drive to your phone/tablet first, of course. Check in the app for updates.

Thanks, I actually don’t own one yet but was trying to find the firmware release notes. I wonder what transfer speeds I can expect from the CineSsd 240gb to it?
2018-10-16
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, I actually don’t own one yet but was trying to find the firmware release notes. I wonder what transfer speeds I can expect from the CineSsd 240gb to it?
2018-10-16
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-10-16
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-10-16
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-10-16
Use props
Scott Pringle
New

United States

I just bought my CoPilot and it is awesome, except one thing and its a biggie. I can not hook it up to my mac pro that does not have a USB-C input. I bought a Thunderbolt to USB-C adapter and it still does not work.

Someone please give me a solution, I have not reformatted it, could that be the issue that a non USB-C computer can not read it? Seems really strange that they did not think this through. HELP!!!
2019-4-25
Use props
dng88
New
Hong Kong

Scott Pringle Posted at 4-25 10:52
I just bought my CoPilot and it is awesome, except one thing and its a biggie. I can not hook it up to my mac pro that does not have a USB-C input. I bought a Thunderbolt to USB-C adapter and it still does not work.

Someone please give me a solution, I have not reformatted it, could that be the issue that a non USB-C computer can not read it? Seems really strange that they did not think this through. HELP!!!

There is a cable come with it that can plug-in with old iPad (using lightening). Use it now.
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules