Wifi? needed to fly?
1567 4 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vmaxrocket
New

United States

Here is the scenerio, I am out in the desert camping and riding ATV's, there isn't any wifi or cell phone signal. Can I still fly the vision+ v3 and have FPV on my cell phone to take photos?

One other question is has anyone done any flying on the coast? How will the salt water spray/mist effect the unit? Can you fly it and then clean it asap after flying?

thanks,

Kenny

2015-5-19
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

1st you don't need a cell phone signal, the Phantom generates the Wi-Fi network for your phone to connect to.
2nd I would try and stay out of any ocean spray, salt water and electronics do not mix well.
2015-5-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If you know the area you will be operating in you can cash the google maps a head of time so you can have the maps if needed. You don't have to have Internet or a wifi connection to fly. When you turn on the wifi extender it produces a SID identity for the Phantom wifi system. Look at you wifi on the cell phone and connect to that. Once connected you can open the DJI app and do the FPV through your camera if it's a vision or plus with FPV capability.  No external wifi needed.
2015-5-19
Use props
Skaffen-Amtiska
New

Australia

yes, the wifi works anywhere,  only issue with no phone, or cell service is you cannot download the google maps image to help plot waypoints.   you dont even need wifi to fly either, the wifi only provides video and image control and telemetry.  its not a requirement to fly.     you can still set a homepoint, but have to watch the LED's to confirm, and not a map location.  
2015-5-23
Use props
vmaxrocket
New

United States

Thanks guys, I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure.
Kenny
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules