Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

JetSam Posted at 10-3 23:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwRlHYTJNc

Aloha Frank,

Beautiful amphitheatre!  Exciting performances!  Chas would have loved to record it.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2022-10-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-6 16:21
Make that 482, with a bullet... ;-)

This is fun. Not like flying my RC models, but still.... good stuff. Ha

485, As the list grows... ;-)
2022-10-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

In memory of our dear friend Charles

2022-11-6
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2022-11-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JetSam Posted at 11-6 09:59
In memory of our dear friend Charles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcIeIGXwVSY

Aloha Frank,

Truly a good friend!  This is the first video Chas posted that put me in touch with him;

I was so new to drones back then.  Chas was a great help!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2022-12-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 12-17 02:24
Aloha Frank,

Truly a good friend!  This is the first video Chas posted that put me in touch with him;

Amazing Bro !!
2022-12-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frank,

Just read the comments.  7 years ago!  Wow, Chas has been with us a long time!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 1-18 03:08
Aloha Frank,

Just read the comments.  7 years ago!  Wow, Chas has been with us a long time!

Yeah, it is weird to see these posts knowing he is no longer here.
2023-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-18 03:12
Yeah, it is weird to see these posts knowing he is no longer here.

Aloha Monty,

Yeah, he may not be here, but he is still part of our life.  And he put so much energy into helping us, we can keep his spirit of flying drones with us.  I also see his Ukranian roots in the drone use in the Donbas.  He keeps reminding me there has not been a Ukranian I did not like!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-1-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 1-19 01:41
Aloha Monty,

Yeah, he may not be here, but he is still part of our life.  And he put so much energy into helping us, we can keep his spirit of flying drones with us.  I also see his Ukranian roots in the drone use in the Donbas.  He keeps reminding me there has not been a Ukranian I did not like!

Yeah, indeed he is!
You too!
2023-1-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-19 01:46
Yeah, indeed he is!
You too!

Aloha Monty,

Mahalo for helping keep him alive in our memory and lives!  Good to see you are active on the Forum.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 2-16 05:52
Aloha Monty,

Mahalo for helping keep him alive in our memory and lives!  Good to see you are active on the Forum.

Likewise!
2023-2-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Monty,

Yeah, he may not be here, but he is still part of our life.  What is your favorite memory of Chas on the Forum?

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-3-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 3-12 01:13
Aloha Monty,

Yeah, he may not be here, but he is still part of our life.  What is your favorite memory of Chas on the Forum?

The seemingly endless jokes and puns we exchanged here.
2023-3-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-12 06:12
The seemingly endless jokes and puns we exchanged here.

Aloha Monty,

In one of my later emails to Chas, I remember Chas saying he was a Ukrainian immigrant or at least his parents were Ukrainian.  Maybe Chas was the "Ghost of Kyiv"?  Remember that story back early last summer?  It would be just like him blazing away in his Mig 29 trying to save Ukraine!  And now DJI drones are playing such a big role in Ukraine!  I can feel his spirit in the drone reports.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 4-9 02:54
Aloha Monty,

In one of my later emails to Chas, I remember Chas saying he was a Ukrainian immigrant or at least his parents were Ukrainian.  Maybe Chas was the "Ghost of Kyiv"?  Remember that story back early last summer?  It would be just like him blazing away in his Mig 29 trying to save Ukraine!  And now DJI drones are playing such a big role in Ukraine!  I can feel his spirit in the drone reports.

Yeah, I remember.
That would be something!
You too!
2023-4-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Hi Chas , Thank you for inspiring me to be a Professional Pilot. Thank you for your friendship and wherever you are , we will always remember you .... your Friend Frank

2023-4-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas,

Mahalo for all the help you provide.  Got to break out the old P3 Pro (your favorite bird) to get some community footage.  The winds have been blowing harder than normal and the Minis do not position well enough.  But that P3 is rock solid.  Looking forward to the assist!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-5-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-16 02:38
Aloha Chas,

Mahalo for all the help you provide.  Got to break out the old P3 Pro (your favorite bird) to get some community footage.  The winds have been blowing harder than normal and the Minis do not position well enough.  But that P3 is rock solid.  Looking forward to the assist!

Aloha,

We have our own Celebration of Life here in our Celebration of Chas, AKA RedHotPoker on this Memorial Day.  He will always be remembered as the amazing friend he was and is.

Aloha
2023-5-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-29 01:09
Aloha,

We have our own Celebration of Life here in our Celebration of Chas, AKA RedHotPoker on this Memorial Day.  He will always be remembered as the amazing friend he was and is.

Aloha Chas,

The P3 is performing really well.  Must be someone helping.  Mahalo for all the help you provide.  What memories!  It is slowly coming back.  What fun!

I was even able to use POI to do a real nice 360 panorama video!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-6-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas,

Just letting you know we miss you here on the Forum and that things have gotten downright smoky in your area of Canada.  

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-7-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-21 23:53
Hi Chas , Thank you for inspiring me to be a Professional Pilot. Thank you for your friendship and wherever you are , we will always remember you .... your Friend Frank

Aloha Chas,

Wow!  DJI and the FAA (and Canadian version) are providing another way we can stay in touch.  Remote ID!  Be sure to get one of those RID stickers for your virtual P3!  Still figuring out what to do with my favorite bird, my P3 Pro.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-8-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas,

You must of had something to do about the 6-month extension for the Remote ID deadline!  Only a "Friend to All" could pull off such a thing off.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-9-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas,

Wow, your Ukrainian compatriots are taking DJI drone use to new levels.  It is just amazing!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-10-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 8-24 02:46
Aloha Chas,

Wow!  DJI and the FAA (and Canadian version) are providing another way we can stay in touch.  Remote ID!  Be sure to get one of those RID stickers for your virtual P3!  Still figuring out what to do with my favorite bird, my P3 Pro.

Aloha Chas,

Just letting you know we miss you here on the Forum.  Things are not like the "Good Old Days" anymore, but I still fly my dependable P3 Pro.  There are also a lot of much smaller drones now that have the photo and video quality of the P3 Pro.  

But mostly it was the quality of the comradery that you provided for us and still do in a way.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-12-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2023-12-31 01:29
Aloha Chas,

Just letting you know we miss you here on the Forum.  Things are not like the "Good Old Days" anymore, but I still fly my dependable P3 Pro.  There are also a lot of much smaller drones now that have the photo and video quality of the P3 Pro.  

Same feeling here Cetacean , remembering him every day , hugs my Friends !!!

1-5 23:43
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas and Frank,

Good to hear from you!  Getting a bit cold over here these last few days.  Feels like somebody towed our island to the cold mainland, LOL!  We had some really fast gusts too due to our location at the base of the mountain cliffs!  When I get my batteries charged, I will have to go look for my lawn chairs down in the jungle!  Our drones are a real nice resource!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
1-31 03:42
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chas,

Interesting how broadband can change our lives.  We finally got broadband in our agricultural area and even my phone works now!

The uploads are so fast, I have no more excuses about buying a Mini 4.  Our community is even getting an Agras T10 to combat those nasty Little Fire Ants!  All now comparable to our favorite P3 Pro.  Wish us luck!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
3-5 03:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules