7663 36 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know what DJI Assistant error 0x0b2803 means?   I just spent two hours trying to troubleshoot it while trying to upgrade my Mavic Pro to 0400.   I found the following:

1. If I use DJI Assistant (latest version 1.2.4, Win10 64b) and try to update both the RC and MP at the same time, the RC upgrades successfully, but the MP fails with the above error.  The update fails at 44%, just after the MP rapidly flashes it's tail light yellow for a while.   It doesn't seem to actually start trying to update the MP.   I tried this no less than 5 times with the same results.

2. If I update via DJI Assistant separately - ie: plug in the RC and update, then plug in the MP and update, it works fine.

3. If I update via DJI GO 4, it works fine - although it is PAINFULLY slow.

I tried downgrading (RC and MP at the same time) to 0200 and it failed in the same way with the same error.  Rolling back to 0300 seems to say success, but it only rolls back the RC, not the MP.

I guess my new procedure will have to be upgrading each piece separately - although I liked the convenience of doing both at once.  Any pointers or other things to try would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LP
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for the troubles you had. We will forward this to our engineers and we will surely give you a feedback. Thank you
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

boot drone up, plug RC into PC/Mac then boot the RC up, the RC should connect to the drone like normal, then load dji assistant 2 on your PC/Mac. it should connect then say Mavic pro Rc, click that and refresh .400 firmware.   it update both RC and aircraft.

it is painfully slow, but its a 1 and done.

2018-7-6
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-6 14:27
boot drone up, plug RC into PC/Mac then boot the RC up, the RC should connect to the drone like normal, then load dji assistant 2 on your PC/Mac. it should connect then say Mavic pro Rc, click that and refresh .400 firmware.   it update both RC and aircraft.

it is painfully slow, but its a 1 and done.

Maybe my post wasn't clear, but THAT is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I posted the error.

LP
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-7-6 15:08
Maybe my post wasn't clear, but THAT is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I posted the error.

LP

okay, well im sorry.  you mentioned it works using the mobile application, just refresh/update firmware via that as needed via the mobile appcuz atleast it works and maybe a bug on the desktop version you encountered or somethign on you desktop version breaking it..... either way PC/Mac or mobile method is painfully slow no real advantages to one over the other to be honest
2018-7-6
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Been doing this for a while now, and I find the DJI Assistant method more reliable and faster.  Regardless of whether I have a way that works, I'm here to report a failure in what normally works for me, and if it's a bug, I'd like DJI to look at it and fix it.

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't really get the point of a 'you have a way that works, just use it' post.

LP
2018-7-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-7-6 15:43
Been doing this for a while now, and I find the DJI Assistant method more reliable and faster.  Regardless of whether I have a way that works, I'm here to report a failure in what normally works for me, and if it's a bug, I'd like DJI to look at it and fix it.

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't really get the point of a 'you have a way that works, just use it' post.

thanks for bringing it to Dji's attention.  the reason i put it that way is because at least you do have a way that works, some people have no way of doing it ..fails hard on both

i suspect that this issue is very isolated and maybe related to your security or something on your machine..
2018-7-6
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-6 14:23
Thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for the troubles you had. We will forward this to our engineers and we will surely give you a feedback. Thank you

Thank you, Gamora!
2018-7-6
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-6 15:53
thanks for bringing it to Dji's attention.  the reason i put it that way is because at least you do have a way that works, some people have no way of doing it ..fails hard on both

i suspect that this issue is very isolated and maybe related to your security or something on your machine..

Thus my request for the meaning of the error code - so I can do more debugging.
2018-7-6
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gamora - please let me know if there are any suggestions from the engineering team.   Without any details on the error code, I'm at a loss on things to try.   Also one thing to note.   This is a Mavic refresh, paired with my original remote.   When I first go the refresh, I checked the firmware level and immediately upgraded it with DJI Assistant by CONNECTING IT DIRECTLY TO MY PC.   This was before I paired it with my existing RC.   This is the first firmware release since I got it, and now I can't upgrade both the RC and Mavic at the same time like I used to be able to.   Could that be a clue?   Could I have somehow caused a glitch where they are viewed as separate entities to DJI Assistant now?

Thanks,
LP
2018-7-7
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump?  Any news from the engineering team on this?   Can someone at least give me the text related to the error code?

LP
2018-7-15
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

This error I searched for a solution for a lot of two weeks and I did not find who refers to it or explain it I hope support explain this error{: 4_98:}{: 4_98:}
CC5A17E2-3718-4BC6-8D75-D09ABF4C959D.png
002364C8-6393-467C-8869-64527980D601.png
2018-9-5
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The screenshots you posted are for a Phantom and it isn't even he same error code.   Why did you post it to this thread?

LP
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi LeafPeeper, sorry for the late response as I just read your post. As for the failed firmware update, could you export the upgrade log for analysis? You may refer to the below to check and confirm.

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-9-7
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Will do - will try to do as soon as I can get back to my PC.

Thx!
2018-9-7
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Susan,
   I've attached the log.  There was only one file in the directory, so I hope it contains the failure information.  Remember, I did successfully upgrade the firmware after the failure by upgrading the RC and Aircraft separately.   Let me know if you need more info.   Also let me know if you have trouble reading the file.  I set the read perms to 'DJI Team'.

Thanks,
LP

2018_09_03@16_54_49_upgrade_RC.zip

1.48 MB, Read Perm: 180, Down times: 1

2018-9-8
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Was that good enough Susan?   Any news?
Thanks,
LP
2018-9-12
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Post removed since thread was cleaned up...
LP
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-8 07:42
Susan,
   I've attached the log.  There was only one file in the directory, so I hope it contains the failure information.  Remember, I did successfully upgrade the firmware after the failure by upgrading the RC and Aircraft separately.   Let me know if you need more info.   Also let me know if you have trouble reading the file.  I set the read perms to 'DJI Team'.

Hi, We terrible apologize for the late response. I will forward your response to the right department for further help. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-8 07:42
Susan,
   I've attached the log.  There was only one file in the directory, so I hope it contains the failure information.  Remember, I did successfully upgrade the firmware after the failure by upgrading the RC and Aircraft separately.   Let me know if you need more info.   Also let me know if you have trouble reading the file.  I set the read perms to 'DJI Team'.

Hi LeafPeeper, just to verify, the latest firmware has already been v01.04.0500, do you have the same error when you update to this version?
2018-10-2
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-2 03:18
Hi LeafPeeper, just to verify, the latest firmware has already been v01.04.0500, do you have the same error when you update to this version?

Yes. I always update to the latest.

Thanks for any help!   No idea why I don't get the error with my other Mavic, other than maybe because it was manufactured later.

LP
2018-10-2
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
Austria

Hi @LeafPeeper, can you pls share the link where you downloaded the DJI assistant 2? DJI support gave me this "dji.com/mavic/info#downloads" I've intalled it but there's nothing on it execpt settings, email, and language. PLEASE PLEASE!!
2018-10-8
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-8 06:49
Hi @LeafPeeper, can you pls share the link where you downloaded the DJI assistant 2? DJI support gave me this "dji.com/mavic/info#downloads" I've intalled it but there's nothing on it execpt settings, email, and language. PLEASE PLEASE!!

Unfortunately, that's exactly where I get it.   I go to their main page, select consumer, then mavic pro, then downloads.   Not sure why it won't work for you.  Did you connect your Mavic via USB and turn it on?

LP
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-10-2 04:05
Yes. I always update to the latest.

Thanks for any help!   No idea why I don't get the error with my other Mavic, other than maybe because it was manufactured later.

Hi LP, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, the log has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, we will keep you updated once we hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-8 06:49
Hi @LeafPeeper, can you pls share the link where you downloaded the DJI assistant 2? DJI support gave me this "dji.com/mavic/info#downloads" I've intalled it but there's nothing on it execpt settings, email, and language. PLEASE PLEASE!!

Hi niefly, the link https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads is working fine, may I have a screenshot of what you see? Please reply to my post directly so that I can get the notification and reply in time, thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 19:40
Hi niefly, the link https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads is working fine, may I have a screenshot of what you see? Please reply to my post directly so that I can get the notification and reply in time, thank you.

Hello there, I managed to download the link and got through after lots of tries but then I'm still not able to update the firmware I've even restored factory defaults hoping it'll work but still. I'm so frustrated.
2018-10-8
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-10-8 16:17
Unfortunately, that's exactly where I get it.   I go to their main page, select consumer, then mavic pro, then downloads.   Not sure why it won't work for you.  Did you connect your Mavic via USB and turn it on?

LP

I've managed after lots of tries but still, firmware is not updating. I even restored factory defaults but it's not working. I will try again.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-8 23:52
Hello there, I managed to download the link and got through after lots of tries but then I'm still not able to update the firmware I've even restored factory defaults hoping it'll work but still. I'm so frustrated.

May I have the error code when it fails please? Did you update the firmware of the RC and aircraft together or separately?
2018-10-11
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 04:30
May I have the error code when it fails please? Did you update the firmware of the RC and aircraft together or separately?

Hi, after lots and lots of tries and complains and emails and messages to the dji support team I managed to update the firmware of the RC and the aircraft separately. There were strange things happened updating I couldn't explain. Still, they couldn't give me the answer why it got disconnected and landed abruptly/crashed after 1034ft.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-12 02:19
Hi, after lots and lots of tries and complains and emails and messages to the dji support team I managed to update the firmware of the RC and the aircraft separately. There were strange things happened updating I couldn't explain. Still, they couldn't give me the answer why it got disconnected and landed abruptly/crashed after 1034ft.

Sorry for the crash accident, is there any case number I can refer to? Have you applied the data analysis?
2018-10-12
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 03:33
Sorry for the crash accident, is there any case number I can refer to? Have you applied the data analysis?

No, I haven't, can you tell me how can I do that pls?
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-13 01:34
No, I haven't, can you tell me how can I do that pls?

Is the drone still working fine after the crash? If the drone is still in the warranty period, the data analysis can be applied, please fill in the online repair request and start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-10-14
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-14 23:08
Is the drone still working fine after the crash? If the drone is still in the warranty period, the data analysis can be applied, please fill in the online repair request and start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

So far it's still good, it's been flying normally after the update and all, I've contacted one of your pals and he/she adviced the same though we want to observe the drone first for any problem. Though I have a question about the quickshot since I don't understand why every after quickshots video the videos looked like this in the photo. Please give an advice on how can I fix this.
2018-10-15
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-15 00:48
So far it's still good, it's been flying normally after the update and all, I've contacted one of your pals and he/she adviced the same though we want to observe the drone first for any problem. Though I have a question about the quickshot since I don't understand why every after quickshots video the videos looked like this in the photo. Please give an advice on how can I fix this. [view_image]

BTW it's been like this from the very beginning I've been taking quickshot videos, mind you it only happens on quickshot videos!!
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-15 00:49
BTW it's been like this from the very beginning I've been taking quickshot videos, mind you it only happens on quickshot videos!!

Any chance to upload a short original video to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis?
2018-10-15
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-15 02:02
Any chance to upload a short original video to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis?

I've unfortunately deleted all these kind of videos. I can send you a new one when I get the chance, that would probably this weekend though. Thanks for your reply @DJIMindy! Appreciate it!
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nieflyer Posted at 2018-10-15 08:20
I've unfortunately deleted all these kind of videos. I can send you a new one when I get the chance, that would probably this weekend though. Thanks for your reply @DJIMindy! Appreciate it!

That would be great, looking forward to your update.
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules