Camera Gimbal Locked on Low Battery Warning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

My setting for Critical Battery Return to Home is 10%
My setting for Low Battery Return to Home is 20%

When i hit the 20% Low battery Warning my (C1) button no longer works for the Gimbal to look straight and downward.....the gimbal still works with the outer left swivel button to look down but not with (C1)......is this Normal?  Even after landing the (C1) button doesnt work.

I would like to hit (C1) on the return home because its handy and i want it to locate the picture it took when it does an precision auto take off to 20ft., then takes a picture.

Is this a gimbal malfunction or a SETTING that i can change...........because its kinda frustrating.

thank you.

One more thing, i get a warning at the top left screen of my itablet for 3 seconds saying, (CPU FULL, Performanced will be decreased) and i have like 120 Gig mini 4 tablet of which has more than enough space.  My settings are 2 Gig for cache and auto delete at 2 Gig, same for maps.
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

CPU is Central Processing Unit, it has nothing to do with how much memory you have in your tablet. It is more likely a warning that the processor in your tablet has no additional processing time available.
2018-7-6
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-6 17:56
CPU is Central Processing Unit, it has nothing to do with how much memory you have in your tablet. It is more likely a warning that the processor in your tablet has no additional processing time available.

So what does that exactly mean?  because the only program that it is running is the DJI APP.

Can this situation be fixed or is it just normal operating
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SkyEye21 Posted at 2018-7-6 18:10
So what does that exactly mean?  because the only program that it is running is the DJI APP.

Can this situation be fixed or is it just normal operating

What is the tablet you are using, I can only figure out it might be an iPad Mini 4? The DJI Go App is very hard on the processor, it has to do a lot of work. What the message is suggesting is that the processor is not coping with the job.
2018-7-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a mini 4 Geebax

Also chap, the camera is used  when in RTH, you can only control it again once descending
2018-7-6
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-6 18:46
What is the tablet you are using, I can only figure out it might be an iPad Mini 4? The DJI Go App is very hard on the processor, it has to do a lot of work. What the message is suggesting is that the processor is not coping with the job.

YES, I have an iPad mini 4..................so theres no way to alleviate the processor working hard.
2018-7-6
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-6 18:50
It is a mini 4 Geebax

Also chap, the camera is used  when in RTH, you can only control it again once descending

Yeah it didn't work descending and I set it on top of my car after it landed and the (C1) button wouldn't move it up or down, just the silver swivel button on the left.

When it does a precision takeoff it takes a picture of the ground............so thats why I want the camera pointing down when its coming back or else THE PRECISION TAKEOFF MODE is useless because it won't see the picture it took for precision landing
2018-7-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It uses the VPS camera to take the snap shot, not the main camera.....
2018-7-6
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-6 19:36
It uses the VPS camera to take the snap shot, not the main camera.....

oh really, thank you for all the good information.............everyone in this forum is great and we all love our DJI's.

Took some awesome video today, still learning editing..................... have a great day and thank you
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SkyEye21 Posted at 2018-7-6 19:24
YES, I have an iPad mini 4..................so theres no way to alleviate the processor working hard.

Yes and no. AFAIK the iPads do not run multiple processes, but the Go App can, it is also recording the video to the cache if you have that option set, so if so, try switching it off.  That will makes the load easier on the CPU.
2018-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good thread, with plenty of helpful info. Great job guys...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-6 18:50
It is a mini 4 Geebax

Also chap, the camera is used  when in RTH, you can only control it again once descending

"the camera is used  when in RTH, you can only control it again once descending"
Where do you see that?
It has (or had? 1.4.602) a bad habit of pointing it straight ahead in RC lost activated a RTH but i have had no problems adjusting it back in a down angle when view vent back.
Actually it you have disabled VPS in RTH you can do pirouettes with the aircraft while flipping the camera all you want while it flies home in a straight line.

I have no experience with the C button during RTH, i never use that at all unless i get it pressed by mistake, it happen
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

"My setting for Critical Battery Return to Home is 10%
My setting for Low Battery Return to Home is 20%
"

You might read a little of those settings to be sure it does not behave in a unexpected manner some day. those % is not for RTH but warning levels,
On 10% it will begin landing where ever it is, can still be controlled but kind of fight against everything but the landing.
The manual does sound like it would begin RTH at the low battery warning (your 20%) by itself unless canceled but i have never seen it do that, perhaps because i have been close enough to the HP that i have had plenty of time to flight it home manually before the 10% mark or has already been on the way back.
2018-7-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-7 05:00
"the camera is used  when in RTH, you can only control it again once descending"
Where do you see that?
It has (or had? 1.4.602) a bad habit of pointing it straight ahead in RC lost activated a RTH but i have had no problems adjusting it back in a down angle when view vent back.

SkyEye21, You should be able to gain control of the camera again during landing (as soon as its above the home point), not quite sure why you cannot, unless its to save battery due to the low state???

page 19 of the oracles handbook

Untitled.png
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-7 19:48
SkyEye21, You should be able to gain control of the camera again during landing (as soon as its above the home point), not quite sure why you cannot, unless its to save battery due to the low state???

page 19 of the oracles handbook

Thank you, ha never noticed that but apparently easy to tick off in the settings as i have had no problems with the control during RTH as mentioned. IT is also claimed it use the main camera on smart rth on top of pg.16, perhaps the sensor setting regarding OA during RTH is the key.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules