Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Export Video coordinates!
8824 28 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hawting
lvl.1
South Korea

I have Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0.
I Shoot the video, not the picture.
Does the video save coordinates!?
Is it possible to export using DJI Assistant2?
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with exporting video coordinates. The coordinates are stored in the SRT file associated with the video, as shown below.  Subtitles will be shown in the bottom of the player window with the SRT file.  To enable subtitles, tap Menu, the wrench icon, and Subtitle.

2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 03:43
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with exporting video coordinates. The coordinates are stored in the SRT file associated with the video, as shown below.  Subtitles will be shown in the bottom of the player window with the SRT file.  To enable subtitles, tap Menu, the wrench icon, and Subtitle.

[view_image]

Does the P4P V2.0 create .srt files? if so why is that feature not available on the P4A+P4P?
2018-7-7
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 03:43

[view_image]

Asks the same question as KedDK because I am also missing that option on my P4A !!!   

Regards Leif.
2018-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-7 13:59
Asks the same question as KedDK because I am also missing that option on my P4A !!!   

Regards Leif.

You need to look in your app settings a little harder.
The subtitles are disabled by default.
2018-7-7
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-7 14:43

Nope, no matter how "hard" we are looking and using the slider, the SRT file does not appear on P4A .  

Regards Leif.
2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You almost need to draw a diagram, or post an instruction video. ;-)

Give them a directory... ha

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Can you get your P4P to generate .srt files?
I am aware of captions but on the Pro and Advanced it is encapsulated in the video, not a .srt file.
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-7 16:08
I am aware of captions but on the Pro and Advanced it is encapsulated in the video, not a .srt file.

That may be the case, so you would need a player that can display the data as a closed caption file. VLCPlayer can do that I believe.
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 16:12
That may be the case, so you would need a player that can display the data as a closed caption file. VLCPlayer can do that I believe.

I know VLC can play the encapsulated captions as one of the only players on windows, but that still is no .srt file that can be used for a lot of other purposes.
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-7 16:15
I know VLC can play the encapsulated captions as one of the only players on windows, but that still is no .srt file that can be used for a lot of other purposes.

I don't have a P4, but perhaps DJI thought embedding the data in the MPEG stream would be a better way to handle it. At least it keeps the data where it belongs. The SRT file was really a stop-gap method.
2018-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-7 16:08
I am aware of captions but on the Pro and Advanced it is encapsulated in the video, not a .srt file.

Sorry ... I was going from memory of what the app settings were.
It looks like that option was dropped some time back.
I can't find them in my P4 pro either.
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-7 19:56
Sorry ... I was going from memory of what the app settings were.
It looks like that option was dropped some time back.
I can't find them in my P4 pro either.

NP it look like this has been subject to much frustration since the P4P was introduced and i now wonder if the reply in #2 was wrong or the .srt files is back for the V2.0.
2018-7-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The caption option is still there in the menu !?! on my P4P - you need to use VLC player to view the embedded info in the video file its not a sep file... you can turn on or off the caption when viewing the video back... see the SUBTITLE menu tab in VLC player.

2018-07-08 (1).png
2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-7-8 00:50
The caption option is still there in the menu !?! on my P4P - you need to use VLC player to view the embedded info in the video file its not a sep file... you can turn on or off the caption when viewing the video back... see the SUBTITLE menu tab in VLC player.

Yes it's true. But the information is not in an SRT file. I have not yet found a way to export / remove those data from my video.

I know the way to work with the data in an SRT file but not when they are embedded in the video.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 03:03
Yes it's true. But the information is not in an SRT file. I have not yet found a way to export / remove those data from my video.

I know the way to work with the data in an SRT file but not when they are embedded in the video.

You can use FFmpeg to export the captions, only a few days back i posted some links in an other thread but can't locate that thread again ...
Still i would like to know if the .srt is back on the V2.0 and only us P4A/P owners are left without that option. Having the .srt generated right away when recording would ease a lot of tasks.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 03:03

Well as we speak of the sun ... see this.
2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 04:00
You can use FFmpeg to export the captions, only a few days back i posted some links in an other thread but can't locate that thread again ...
Still i would like to know if the .srt is back on the V2.0 on only us P4A/P owners are left without that option. Having the .srt generated right away when recording would ease a lot of tasks.

Thank you, it's unfortunately just the longest detour you can ever go. Translated to foreign languages, there is a lot of unnecessary work we need to get started with the way it is made on now.

Mavic Pro can make the SRT file as you then decide what to do with. I do not know how "clever" Mavic Air is.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 04:35
Thank you, it's unfortunately just the longest detour you can ever go. Translated to foreign languages, there is a lot of unnecessary work we need to get started with the way it is made on now.

Mavic Pro can make the SRT file as you then decide what to do with. I do not know how "clever" Mavic Air is.

The conversion is as simple as writing "ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 DJI_0001.SRT" but it add to the workflow. Not sure it would contain the same information, it has been my understanding that the former aircraft's also was adding the popup messages in the .srt files and that seem to not be the case on my P4P file captions.
Does the Mavic save the .srt on the SD or the device?
2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 05:23
The conversion is as simple as writing "ffmpeg -i DJI0001.MP4 DJI0001.SRT" but it add to the workflow. Not sure it would contain the same information, it has been my understanding that the former aircraft's also was adding the popup messages in the .srt files and that seem to not be the case on my P4P file captions.
Does the Mavic save the .srt on the SD or the device?

Thank you for the information how to make a SRT file. But how do you remove the information stored in the MP4 file ?

Yes on Mavic Pro, the SRT file is located on the SD card along with the MP4 file.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 05:35
Thank you for the information how to make a SRT file. But how do you remove the information stored in the MP4 file ?

Yes on Mavic Pro, the SRT file is located on the SD card along with the MP4 file.

"how do you remove the information stored in the MP4"
You uncheck the subtitle option when you render your edit.
I'll check it out when i find the time, not sure it is possible without re-encoding the file but might be and then almost as simple as the extract.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 05:35

Yes on Mavic Pro, the SRT file is located on the SD card along with the MP4 file.

It sure was.
remove subs the fast way: "ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 -c copy -sn DJI_x001.MP4"
extract subs and make a copy without subs: "ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 DJI_0001.SRT -c copy -sn DJI_x001.MP4"

Of course a path should be added as the above has soruce and target .mp4 being the same, that rarely end well.
Pay attention if .SRT and .MP4 has same names, your player might show the subs by itself, it teased me briefly as i thought it hadn't removed the subs when doing both in a single run.

Edit: Now the big Q, does the sub file look formatet somehow like the one from the Mavic would?

2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 06:44
"how do you remove the information stored in the MP4"
You uncheck the subtitle option when you render your edit.
I'll check it out when i find the time, not sure it is possible without re-encoding the file but might be and then almost as simple as the extract.

The quality then dropping, provided I do not write it back in some uncompressed mode which can quickly  fill a blu ray disk or two.   

Regards Leif.
2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 07:46
It sure was.
remove subs the fast way: "ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 -c copy -sn DJI_0001.MP4"
extract subs and make a copy without subs: "ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 DJI_0001.SRT -c copy -sn DJI_0001.MP4"

You are a terrible person that you allow yourself and put people in work that way.        It will be moutch easier to set DJI to write an SRT file instead when they are filling video on peoples SD card.   

Regards Leif.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-8 11:08
You are a terrible person that you allow yourself and put people in work that way.        It will be moutch easier to set DJI to write an SRT file instead when they are filling video on peoples SD card.   

Regards Leif.

If the V2.0 will generate .srt files i have the expectation that DJI's developers also provide that to us in the next release, still waiting exited on Gamoras reply.

Still a solution was needed for all the existing material that has piled up, sorry if i was causing you now need to be busy. However, it should be easy to script it for automation.
2018-7-8
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 15:25
If the V2.0 will generate .srt files i have the expectation that DJI's developers also provide that to us in the next release, still waiting exited on Gamoras reply.

Still a solution was needed for all the existing material that has piled up, sorry if i was causing you now need to be busy. However, it should be easy to script it for automation.

Yes, me too.       Vill await Gamora's explanation of those SRT files from the P4P V2 as the camera should be accurate the same on our regular "old" P4x.

We may have raw video/photo in stock with the position quotes here in Denmark. However, if we publish a clip/image with those information, it may acktely be illegal in special cases !!!   

It's also in fun I wrote as I did, thanks for the information.  

Regards Leif.
2018-7-9
Use props
TheGeoStudio
New

Australia

For anyone struggling to extract subtitles (.srt) embeded in an MP4 captured on a P4P... This is what I did!

After enabling Video Captions in on the DJI4 app

Downloaded ffmpeg from https://www.ffmpeg.org/
Installled it following these instructions

Run command prompt and navigated to mp4 directory

then I executed this command ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 DJI_0001.SRT

Thanks
James
The Geo Studio
2018-7-21
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

If you simply want specific coordinates you can export the flight track into Google Earth and 'spot' the coords from there.
2018-7-22
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Hi, Could anyone with Phantom 4 Pro footage help me by testing my subtitle extraction tool? https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/subtitle-extractor

Thanks!
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules