P4P Unlocking Yellow zone via DJI site
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

[size=14.000000953674316px]I was out flying on a local lake  yesterday.  One of the areas I wanted to fly in was a Yellow zone on DJI's site. I applied for an unlock earlier that day and received authorization (good for 3 days). When I tried to take off the controller said "cannot take off".  I went back on the DJI site to unlock and all was fine. I landed, swa[size=14.000000953674316px]pped batteries - same thing again.
[size=14.000000953674316px]

[size=14.000000953674316px]Thoughts?
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for any inconvenience and troubles you had. May we ask the version of the DJI GO 4 app you are currently using?
2018-7-7
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 05:14
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for any inconvenience and troubles you had. May we ask the version of the DJI GO 4 app you are currently using?

P4P is on latest F/w
2018-7-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This problem is posted often.  When you unlock initially using the 3-day online portal, it's my understanding that you need to have the Phantom system online so that the unlock info can be transferred from the DJI server to your AC.  If you don't do that, there's no way for the AC to know it is unlocked.  Or, after you have been unlocked, you can power up your system while in (your home's) Wifi range and your AC will get updated that way.  One way or another, you have to be online at some point while your AC and controller are connected so that the info can be transferred.  Once the unlock info is uploaded to your Phantom, you shouldn't have any more issues for that three day period.  Good luck
2018-7-7
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Mark

Thanks that is good info.   I did this one other time (same way as this one) and it worked..

OK so for the first flight sure.  But after I swapped batteries for the next flight I would have thought since the first one worked whatever information is needed would be sent to the drone?

Appreciate the reply though

@DJI Can you confirm/deny this?
2018-7-7
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-7-7 05:22

P4P is on latest F/w

Mark

Doing as you suggest, is there any way to confirm the info is sent from DJI server to drone.  If i'm at my house preparing for a trip and not near the location in question I would like some assurances all will be fine.
2018-7-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi DeputyDawg,

I don't know.  I don't know if there's a way to be assured your AC's geo map NFZ data has been updated.  I have actually tried to confirm it myself and couldn't see any assurance that it would work.  But it did work.  At least for me.  I have a P3P.  Could there be something weird going on with the P4P that causes problems with this NFZ thing?  I don't know.  

But there's another complication which I didn't mention above.

I believe some or all of these yellow zones have a hidden NFZ in the middle of them which isn't visible when you look at the DJI geo map.  I believe this hidden NFZ is about a half mile radius from the middle, or a mile in diameter.  And then I also believe the rest of the yellow zone is a graduated height situation.  And getting the zone unlocked will not change anything.  You still can't fly in the center and you still have the graduated height problem.  If you don't unlock, you can't launch and you can't fly into it.  You also can't launch or fly into the green "enhanced warning zone" that surrounds most if not all yellow zones.  If you unlock and you're far enough and low enough, you should be able to launch.  But if you're too close you can't launch even if you unlock.  There is a DJI portal where you can fill out a form and try to get DJI to allow your AC to get more freedom in this, but you'll need documentation.  Re the NFZ and graduated height thing, the manual explains this but in an awkward way without referencing the geo maps.  

Re your problem, what you could do is mimic the situation with a yellow zone that's close to you.  Be sure to be as close or closer from the center of the yellow zone as you plan to be during your travels.  See if your AC works as expected.  If it does, then it should work the same way at the yellow zone you're traveling to.  

Good luck.

2018-7-8
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Mark...

Hopefully DJI responded initially and can look again and respond.
I have done this before and it worked.  The difference being that was an earlier Go4 issue

So could be a Go4 issue perhaps??
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules