No worries 0.400 Mavic Air
965 16 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilhamilton
lvl.2

So, I have been experiencing the same issues that most have been reporting here with regard to the current latest firmware. After updating the iOS DJI Go 4 app recently to 4.2.22, I have since had no problems. In fact, just yesterday I put the MA up and out over the Duncansby Stacks in north east Scotland and I have to say, it was a perfect flight. Zero issues at all. Max height and a good distance out over open water and returned home safely with some epic footage. Not saying that the issues are gone but this flight certainly makes me think that all is well now and my confidence has almost been completely restored. Fingers crossed that bad time is now behind me...

2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job I’m happy for you mate.
2018-7-7
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

what Go4 update you installed and witit Ios or android?
and you mean Mavic Air, because often are answers for Mavic pro...
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good news for your MA though which device and on which version of GO4? What problems were experiencing before? What have you done to rectify them?
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neilhamilton Posted at 2018-7-7 08:37
All your answers are now there ^^

Thanks for that. IOS or Android?
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got it - be good to put that in the opening thread in future.
Did you buy yours second hand as I don't see an MA icon under your profile here.
In any event, good stuff. I too use IOS version 11.4 with GO4 11.2.22 on FW .400 with my Mavic Air and equally have less glitches but still not 100%, as you say.
2018-7-7
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2

A CW Posted at 2018-7-7 08:42
Got it - be good to put that in the opening thread in future.
Did you buy yours second hand as I don't see an MA icon under your profile here.
In any event, good stuff. I too use IOS version 11.4 with GO4 11.2.22 on FW .400 with my Mavic Air and equally have less glitches but still not 100%, as you say.

No, it was new. Not sure why it doesn't show up here as it is registered to me. I screwed up the initial registration though and had to set up a new DJI account with a different email address. I guess that's why.
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I can fully confirm that there are no significant issues with this firmware and I am on Android. For me it was actually flawless from day one and continues to be.
2018-7-7
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 08:45
I can fully confirm that there are no significant issues with this firmware and I am on Android. For me it was actually flawless from day one and continues to be.

For you maybe; lucky you! :-)
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neilhamilton Posted at 2018-7-7 08:43
No, it was new. Not sure why it doesn't show up here as it is registered to me. I screwed up the initial registration though and had to set up a new DJI account with a different email address. I guess that's why.

Never mind - a DJI mod on here can sort that for you. Enjoy your drone and post some footage of beautiful Scotland
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry my bad first thought you were talking about Mavic Pro FW update.

So perfect flight zero issues, good news , I presume iOS device, might encourage others , great news.
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

neilhamilton Posted at 2018-7-7 08:46
For you maybe; lucky you! :-)

But you are confirming the same in your OP. Your problems seem to be gone now while being still on the same firmware. Thus it cannot have been the root cause if you have experienced problems beforehand.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Glad to hear your MA seems to perform better with the GO 4.2.22 update on iOS, at least you can fly your bird now! Unfortunately for myself and many others here, 4.2.22 didn’t resolve much of anything on the MA it seems.

With the recent release, and highly positive feedback thus far, of the MP/MPP firmware, my hope is a FW update for the MA is imminent, and that it too will produce overwhelmingly positive results, so I can resume flying my MA with confidence, and in situations and distances that I’ve for the last 2 months had no confidence in doing.

Cheers, and happy flying!
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

I can fully confirm that there are no significant issues with this firmware and I am on Android. For me it was actually flawless from day one and continues to be.

No significant issues??? REALLY??? How can you even say that publicly with a straight face???

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151367

Please just stop spreading this lie!
2018-7-7
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2

I do hope do for your sake Edison mate. I feel your pain. I just wonder weather or not it was a freak my last flight... 0_o
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

neilhamilton Posted at 2018-7-7 10:44
I do hope do for your sake Edison mate. I feel your pain. I just wonder weather or not it was a freak my last flight... 0_o

Don’t jinx it!!

When I purchased the second MA for testing, it too flew brilliantly for the first handful of flights on 0400 FW and, at the time, 4.2.20 of the iOS GO 4 app. Then the problems started returning, and continue to occur on my original MA.

Keep our fingers crossed I guess! And enjoy your MA, it really is a brilliant little piece of engineering, so long as the software is good

EDIT:

I love the fact how a post of an owner describing that he's still having legitimate issues with his MA is getting downvoted by the out-of-control trolls on this forum, sad...
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I can fully confirm that there are no significant issues with this firmware and I am on Android. For me it was actually flawless from day one and continues to be.

I can fully confirm that there are no significant issues with this firmware...

Significant being defined as - firmware does not cause MA to do a Hindenburg.   
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules