Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yaw Adjustment Option in DJI Go App? DJI? Please?
837 8 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samborambo56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220062 ft

Does anyone know if DJI is planning to bother porting the yaw adjustment option available in the DJI Go 4 app for use with the Phantom 3 models? I've been plagued with my camera pointing slightly to the left since I got the Drone and it affects flight a fair amount. (I've tired calibrating in multiple positions on multiple surfaces - basically I've calibrated everything so it is NOT an issue with calibration)

I've seen SO MANY posts requesting that DJI add this feature for the Phantom 3 models so I suppose my main question is where on earth is it?
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

If you are careful, on the P3 it is possible to slacken the set screw that attaches the camera to the yaw motor and rotate it slightly to correct itas position.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you using DJI Go app? We will forward this issue to our engineers. We will keep you updated.
2018-7-8
Use props
samborambo56
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 15:09
If you are careful, on the P3 it is possible to slacken the set screw that attaches the camera to the yaw motor and rotate it slightly to correct itas position.

Thanks for your reply!
I've tried that a few times but I can never get it to 'bite' well enough - usually just by transporting it to a location and flying then landing the screw has slipped back into its original position or came loose (meaning I have to re-tighten) :/ It would be ideal for me to have a software feature on the regular DJI Go app (It already exists on the DJI Go 4 App) to tell the camera where 'straight forward' is
2018-7-8
Use props
samborambo56
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 03:23
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you using DJI Go app? We will forward this issue to our engineers. We will keep you updated.

Hi there Wanda

Thanks for your reply - yes I am using the Phantom 3 Standard on the older DJI Go App - I've tried all suggestions from various threads on this topic but cannot get the camera to perfectly point forwards (it always looks left) - right now the ideal setting for me in the DJI Go App would be similar to the 'horizon level' setting but for the yaw angle.

Its frustrating because I KNOW having the setting available would fix it but the setting is not offered in the older DJI Go App. It would be in DJI's interests to add this feature to reduce the amount of lengthy repairs they would have to carry out on units sent in with this problem. It already exists in the DJI Go 4 App so it is clearly achievable for your App team.

Thanks
Sam
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

samborambo56 Posted at 2018-7-8 03:59
Hi there Wanda

Thanks for your reply - yes I am using the Phantom 3 Standard on the older DJI Go App - I've tried all suggestions from various threads on this topic but cannot get the camera to perfectly point forwards (it always looks left) - right now the ideal setting for me in the DJI Go App would be similar to the 'horizon level' setting but for the yaw angle.

I understand. Don't worry, we will keep you updated once we receive anything from our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-7-8
Use props
samborambo56
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 04:05
I understand. Don't worry, we will keep you updated once we receive anything from our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Thank you Wanda
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for waiting. I'm afraid this feature will not be available for P3 series as this requires both APP and aircraft update. Thank you for the feedback but we cannot ensure any information about this. I hope you understand.
2018-7-10
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Is it able to do as a sub routine in the FW and App update?
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules