Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CrystalSky and 3rd Party Apps
3028 11 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PADSLLC
lvl.1
United States

When will DJI get off the dime and work on improving its CrystalSky platform to support DroneDeploy?
It would be a match made in heaven instead of sadness in having dropped a lot of money on a monitor system that doesn't really work!

2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Answer: is probably never. It’s all inclusive.

When you bought it, the investigation should have been done already.

But I do get where your desire is...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what exact error you are encountering to isolate the issue?
2018-7-8
Use props
PADSLLC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 03:07
Hi there. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what exact error you are encountering to isolate the issue?

CrystalSky is a FANTASTIC accessory for my DJI set-up, but the incompatibility with DroneDeploy means that I can't use these two powerful components of my operation together. If DJI were to resplve these issues, I foresee many drone companies gleefully using both CrystalSky and DroneDeploy for their mapping operations. What's wrong? I'm a user, not a programmer - you'll need to get your codewalkers to look at the problem - but I advise that you do it quickly!
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PADSLLC Posted at 2018-7-8 11:24
CrystalSky is a FANTASTIC accessory for my DJI set-up, but the incompatibility with DroneDeploy means that I can't use these two powerful components of my operation together. If DJI were to resplve these issues, I foresee many drone companies gleefully using both CrystalSky and DroneDeploy for their mapping operations. What's wrong? I'm a user, not a programmer - you'll need to get your codewalkers to look at the problem - but I advise that you do it quickly!

I understand and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. However, we do not suggest to use a third-party app because it will void the warranty.  
2018-7-9
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 03:07

Most likely the problem is that the Google Play/Store services won't work, same problem on the +controllers that beside that does not show up as a USB connected device to foreign apps.
2018-7-9
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-9 01:22
I understand and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. However, we do not suggest to use a third-party app because it will void the warranty.

"we do not suggest to use a third-party app because it will void the warranty"
No it shouldn't unless the third-party app evidently is the cause of failure, and so far it seem that all the most used third-party apps is way more stable than the DJI provided apps.
2018-7-9
Use props
PADSLLC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-9 01:22

Then you tell me which mapping software DJI expects me to use to capture the images and create my orthomosaic maps if I can't use ONE OF THE MOST INTUITIVE AND CAPABLE FLIGHT PLANNING/MAPPING APPS ON THE MARKET.
Forcing customers to cobble together tablets that may, or may not work with apps that actually work, but have to be routed through three year old smart phones because the premier single use monitor (CrystalSky) can't be used is an excellent way for your customers to start supporting companies who will actually offer said integrated systems.
I would love to continue to use DJI's products, but I am being forced to look elsewhere for compatible drone/mapping suites.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PADSLLC Posted at 2018-7-9 07:46
Then you tell me which mapping software DJI expects me to use to capture the images and create my orthomosaic maps if I can't use ONE OF THE MOST INTUITIVE AND CAPABLE FLIGHT PLANNING/MAPPING APPS ON THE MARKET.
Forcing customers to cobble together tablets that may, or may not work with apps that actually work, but have to be routed through three year old smart phones because the premier single use monitor (CrystalSky) can't be used is an excellent way for your customers to start supporting companies who will actually offer said integrated systems.
I would love to continue to use DJI's products, but I am being forced to look elsewhere for compatible drone/mapping suites.

We recommend you to use GS Pro for mapping. You can check it here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#downloads. But just to inform you, that only works with iOS. For CrystalSky, as of now, we're still working on it and I'm sorry to say that we don't have any confirmation if when exactly it will be released.
2018-7-9
Use props
iFly2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194370 ft
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-9 08:06
We recommend you to use GS Pro for mapping. You can check it here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#downloads. But just to inform you, that only works with iOS. For CrystalSky, as of now, we're still working on it and I'm sorry to say that we don't have any confirmation if when exactly it will be released.

And that answer dates back well over a year now.
Still no grid or double grid mission planning possible on that expensive Crystalsky monitor?
2019-11-7
Use props
Filip O
lvl.1

Denmark

Will GS Pro ever come for the Crystalsky monitor?
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_qkqjrcAH1drS
lvl.1
Ghana

It's so sad and embarrassing, this issue has not been resolved yet. The crystalsky controller is so useless for those who use the drone for mapping.
2022-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules