Not Charging
427 3 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bradshaw258
New
United States

So I just bought my DJI Osmo 2 today and I read how it takes up to about 2 hours to charge, however its been charging for over 4 hours now and it still has 1 blinking white light and then the green indicator is solid green. How do i get it to charge correcly!!!??
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Have you tried to turn on the unit and see if it fully charged?
2018-7-8
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

This should be an FAQ (hey, DJI!), it gets asked so frequently.

As DJI says in the user manual (page 5):

"Charging Time: 2 hours (when charging at 2 A)".

USB ports on a computer can only deliver a limited amount of current. USB 1 and 2 ports can only deliver 300 to 500mA. USB 3 ports max out at 900mA. This means that charging on a USB port on a computer (Mac or Windows) will not be able to charge your device in two hours. Charging on a 300 mA USB 1 port will likely take about 14 hours, without interruption.

The only way to charge your device in two hours is to use an external charger capable of delivering 2 A (or 2,000mA).

The input voltage of the charger (110, 240, whatever) does not affect the charge time. The output voltage of a USB charger is always 5 Volts. Only the output current (the Amperage) of the charger matters.

Find a USB charger that puts out 2 Amps. Your device should charge in about two hours. Here's how:

Grab any charger you have with a USB port on it. Look at the label.  There, you'll see that it's rated at 5 Volts. This is the output voltage of all USB ports, and all USB chargers.

Now, look on the label for either A, Amps or mA (milliamps). This is the amount of current the charger can deliver. This is the determining factor for how fast your stuff (OSMO, phone, whatever), charges.

While your computer does have 5 Volt USB ports, the USB standard says that these ports can only deliver between 300mA (1/3 of an Amp) and 900  mA (almost 1 Amp, 1000mA). That's not a defect; it's literally a standard.

A standard iPhone USB charger can provide 1 Amp, so charging your OSMO  will still take more than four hours. Some iPad chargers provide more  than 1 Amp, so charging will be faster.

DJI's OSMO 2 manual says that your OSMO will charge in two hours, provided that the power source is capable of providing a full 2  Amps. Using math, we can assume then, that if your charger only provides 1 Amp, it will take at least twice as long to charge, so about four hours.

You can also charge your OSMO from an external battery or charge cell.  Some of these are capable of providing the full 2A required to get your  OSMO 2 charged in the advertised two hours.

Your OSMO is charging on whatever you've got it connected to (as indicated by the blinking, white LED), but that USB port on your computer isn't going to charge it in two hours.

Your options: wait for the OSMO to charge very slowly on whatever you have it connected to. Or find a USB charger capable of providing more amperage, ideally 2 Amps.

Hope that helps.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I would like to clarify if you're trying to charge the Osmo mobile 2 via computer? Please ensure that the cable shall be 5V and 2A, I would suggest as well using an adapter and charging to your power outlet.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules