Very frustrating!! Doesn't connect -- again.
673 20 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xamiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6827 ft
United States

I flew 3 batteries worth yesterday afternoon. First an he only time.

Today the expectation was:
1) Turn on the Drone (click, click & hold)
2) Turn on RC  (click, click & hold). Wait until the red light turns green.  This means the RC it is connected to the spark, right??
3) Turn on the phone, set WiFi to the Spark
... And waa-laa your connected.

But no.  

This seems to be a fight with the Spark every time I want to turn it on and learn, fly, and see what I can do.  Yet the Spark is immobile on the ground.  So apparently I can only fly the Spark when I can contact Support for assistance.  But I want to access this device when support is not available!!!

Does anyone have any ideas how I can consistently turn on and run the Spark??

Thanks,
Max
2018-7-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try to turn on the Spark at third.
Start phone and RC, pair them, start spark
Are you by any chance on a android without dual wifi ability (5GHz?)?
If it doesn't work, reset spark, reset RC, pair again, try again.

And start looking for a OTG adapter that fits in the RC (micro A or micro B), to test the connection hardwired
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark. May we ask if what are the versions of the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller?
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 03:34
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark. May we ask if what are the versions of the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller?

I used the assistant the other day to load to most recent.  I don't see how to get the version of the RC.  How do I retrieve the version numbers without connecting the phone??
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-7 21:50
Try to turn on the Spark at third.
Are you by any chance on a android without dual wifi ability (5GHz?)?

The phone I'm using for the Spark RC is a old Nexus 5x that is now repurposed for the Spark. (I don't want phone calls when flying) I've connected the Nexus to networks on both bands w/o aproblem.

Didn't know Spark could be started 3rd.  How's that possible, when phone connects to Sparks WiFi?  Is the phone connected in any way to the RC or just held in place by the RC??

Thank you
2018-7-8
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

If phone doesn't connect to Rc, simply turn off Rc n it will connect quickly to the spark n then the tablet.
2018-7-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

the RC connects to the spark (if paired)
Your phone connects to the RC's wifi.
Connect RC and Phone first (App should start and show "connected")

Start Spark, should connect with RC (LED gets green), app changes to:

letft side , connected = app and RC
right side, go fly = RC and AC connected

2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Xamiam Posted at 2018-7-8 06:34
I used the assistant the other day to load to most recent.  I don't see how to get the version of the RC.  How do I retrieve the version numbers without connecting the phone??

Hi, I would like to clarify, what is the color of the LED on your remote controller? Are you having an issue connecting your phone to your remote controller via Wi-Fi?
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 07:11
Hi, I would like to clarify, what is the color of the LED on your remote controller? Are you having an issue connecting your phone to your remote controller via Wi-Fi?

I did think I was connecting my phone to the WiFi on the Spark not the RC, but apparently I'm connecting Phone to the RC.

Following the suggestions from support turn on the Spark, after it's powered up, turn on the RC. When the flashing red LED on the RC turns green, select the Spark in the wifi list, pw  (12341234), then start the Go 4 app.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Xamiam Posted at 2018-7-8 07:20
I did think I was connecting my phone to the WiFi on the Spark not the RC, but apparently I'm connecting Phone to the RC.

Following the suggestions from support turn on the Spark, after it's powered up, turn on the RC. When the flashing red LED on the RC turns green, select the Spark in the wifi list, pw  (12341234), then start the Go 4 app.

Yes, if your trying to connect to your RC's wi-fi and the RC is connected to drone then the process is correct, however, did you encounter any problem under DJI Go 4 app?
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-7 21:50
Try to turn on the Spark at third.
Are you by any chance on a android without dual wifi ability (5GHz?)?

If I start the RC the pick up the WiFi with the phone then start the Spark it went becomes part of the drive-RC-phone triplet.  How do to get the RC-phone pair to recognize the spark?
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 03:34

So how do I get the versions of the RC & Spark?

Than you
2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 07:22
Yes, if your trying to connect to your RC's wi-fi and the RC is connected to drone then the process is correct, however, did you encounter any problem under DJI Go 4 app?

This is confusing.  I don't know why I would want to connect to the RC's WiFi vs the Spark.  From the instructions to get flying on Fri I assumed you want to connect to the drone because that's what's moving.  What are the reasons you would choose one of the other??
2018-7-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

You connect the phone to the Rc (s wifi)
The RC is fix paired with the Spark
As long an RC is paired with the Spark, tbere is no Spark wifi SSID
The RC will work as a RC for Stick input and such and as a wifi- repeater for the App.

DJI, here is another perfect example why you need to switch from wifi connection between RC and Device to a "fully tested" cable connection. Methinks!

2018-7-8
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to all.  I read and reread the comments, tried out suggestions-- even those I didn't understand.  Read on other connection issues.

Here's what I did and I was able to fly this afternoon.

Turned everything off

Forgot the Spark WiFi

Turned the drone on and reset the WiFi (6 second press with 3 beep response) then turned off the drone.

Restarted the drone.

Started the RC then after it settled down I pushed the Spark button for 3 seconds and did the pause-fn_c1 combo to connect RC to Spark.  Light turned solid green on RC.

Started phone and selected the Spark WiFi SSID & password

Started Go 4 app.  It said it was connected so I touch go fly.

Waa-laa there was an image from the camera.

Thanks again.

2018-7-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xamiam Posted at 2018-7-8 21:14
Thanks to all.  I read and reread the comments, tried out suggestions-- even those I didn't understand.  Read on other connection issues.

Glad you got it to work but there seems to be some confusion on what you are connecting to (unless you simply mistyped what you are connecting to)...
Good steps to re-set the Spark and forget it from wifi list on phone...are you letting it find/connect to the Spark again... as opposed to the Remote Controller (RC)?
If the RC is connected to the Spark ( green light on the RC) , the Phone should only find the WIFI for the RC and that would be what you connect to.... not the Sparks WIFI .....You do NOT need or are able to connect to the Sparks WIFI with the phone/device if using an RC!
Are you inadvertently resetting the Spark each time you start it by holding the power button too long?
2018-7-9
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

Yes, it's very confusing. The couple of times I've gotten the sorry to work I'm not 100% confident w what happened nor will the procedure work a second time.  Your right, I'm connecting to a Sparkxxxxxxx SSID, the only one in the list.  

Now that I've flown a couple of days, I'll try to add to my repertoire start fooling with the camera or some other flight options. :-) Step by step.

Thanks again for your response.
2018-7-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

"Your right, I'm connecting to a Sparkxxxxxxx SSID, the only one in the list. "
Make it a bit easier, for the future:
Rename the Rc's Wifi and give it a new password.
You can do that from in the App, under the wifi settings!
2018-7-9
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Xamiam Posted at 2018-7-9 06:21
Yes, it's very confusing. The couple of times I've gotten the sorry to work I'm not 100% confident w what happened nor will the procedure work a second time.  Your right, I'm connecting to a Sparkxxxxxxx SSID, the only one in the list.  

Now that I've flown a couple of days, I'll try to add to my repertoire start fooling with the camera or some other flight options. :-) Step by step.

You should definitely be connecting to the RC-xxxxxx SSID, not the Sparkxxxxx SSID.  However, if you could control it with the RC, then you did something right
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks to all.  I read and reread the comments, tried out suggestions-- even those I didn't understand.  Read on other connection issues.

Hi there, I'm glad that you were able to fly your drone, however, since you're using a remote controller and this RC is connected to your aircraft, you'll be needing to connect to your RC wifi because it will extend your flight distance or you could maximize the usage of your aircraft. Kindly keep us posted for further assistance.
2018-7-10
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Thanks to all.  I read and reread the comments, tried out suggestions-- even those I didn't understand.  Read on other connection issues.

Try this,
You may have to forget the wifi network (SparkRC) after each flight. Then, before each flight, reconnect the phone to the rc wifi (SparkRC), wait and confirm the " No internet connection" pop up. After that you open the DJIGO4.
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules