1693 21 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182749 ft
Spain

Hi,

I just lost connection of the drone to the app two times in a row mid flight. Lucky for me it was not lost to the controller so I was able to bring it back. But it was very scar.

I just recently started flying with a Samsung S8 but not sure if it's because of this or because of the new FW update. I did fly two times before the new FW with my S8 and didn't have any issues so most likely the new FW.

I don't dare to fly my drone now. Any one else with this issue?
2018-7-8
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Happened to me yesterday. Except I couldn't control it. Had to restart the RC and app. Its really quite rubbish.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
Spain

Ok I didn't want to risk it by restarting the RC. But did you get the connection back by restarting the RC even in mid flight?

Did this happen to you before or after the new FW?
2018-7-8
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY Posted at 2018-7-8 02:41
Ok I didn't want to risk it by restarting the RC. But did you get the connection back by restarting the RC even in mid flight?

Yes I did, it was a last resort as nothing else was working. It was that or wait for it to drop out of the sky.

All the issues came after the 0.400 update. I had none before.
2018-7-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that glad that it is fine
2018-7-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

by the way how far did you fly
2018-7-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

by the way welcome to the forum as well
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
Spain

Thank you! I was about 500m out when it happened. I had flown in a straight line forward so I just flew backwards to get it back. But in the way back something also haooaene because I think it sort of lost connection to the RC because it didn't respond but after a couple of minutes it responded again and I decided to try and turn it (still didn't have visual but could hear it) and then I got a good speed and I saw that the distance to me shortened rapidly. Thank god
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
Sweden

Ok so it has happened again mid flight. I had cleae sight of it and I tried to restart the RC(which also initiated the fly to home funktion). I have reported this with the app but no answer back... What should I do? I no longer feel safe fly... In this state I feel like I want my money back if I don't know there is a solution on the way.
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_dbzm23lMD6xu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Same here, im starting to get affraid to fly. At the moment i cant even fly because whenever i start the mavic it immediatly disconnects again. Also had a couple of times that the remote froze aswel, and i had to restart it mid-flight, without phone attached( because then it would freeze again) and fly blind back...
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant using your computer and try to restore factory defaults your aircraft then refresh the firmware. I recommend as well to relink your RC to aircraft, re-calibrate the IMU and Compass to see if there will be change. Please see the link for you to download the app.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-7-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Roll back the firmware to .0300, or .0200. USe DJI assistant to downgrade the firmware on the RC and the Mavic

Uninstall Go4 app you have. Save any cached files. Delete all DJI folders.
Roll back the Go4 app to 4.2.16 or 4.2.14, Disable AUTO UPDATE Apps from the Play Store in your acct settings. You can find the apps on Apkpure.com or google the version you want.
Install the older apps. If you get firmware notices, ignore them. Just hit Go FLY.

Fly with Airplane mode active and you are less likely to get prompts about upgrade required.

For S8, S9 phones, disable any power saving features on the GO4 app. Give it everything it needs.

should sort it out or now. DJI has to fix this quicker than they have been saying. It's NOT The device. It's the app, and the changes in the firmware.
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-26 21:32
Roll back the firmware to .0300, or .0200. USe DJI assistant to downgrade the firmware on the RC and the Mavic

Uninstall Go4 app you have. Save any cached files. Delete all DJI folders.

For S8, S9 phones, disable any power saving features on the GO4 app. Give it everything it needs.

Instantly pictued Scotty yelling back: "I'm Givin' Her All She's Got, Captain!"

Has anyone in your flying club noticed a correlation betwen lost connections or pixelation-smearing-blurring problems vs. outside temperatures coupled with bright daylight?
Wondering about latest firmware and GO/4 App pushing SmartDevices to or near their limits, and devices getting so hot they throttle CPU.  Resulting in one or both of reported problems.

2018-7-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-26 21:57
For S8, S9 phones, disable any power saving features on the GO4 app. Give it everything it needs.

Instantly pictued Scotty yelling back: "I'm Givin' Her All She's Got, Captain!"

Not really. We have been tracking these problems for months. From the devices used, to the firmware changes, and App changes, as well as what newer products added to the App or features have taxed the devices more.

I was at the site yesterday and was told 15 MP and MA units had connection problems. Most on Android, but a few on Mini 4's and Iphone 6's.

Ipad's of all kinds have trouble in heat or sub freezing temps. That is well known here. Most of these guys fly with Android and iOS devices. Most on tablets, not as many on phones. This is an RC club so phones are not really considered enough to dedicate to the device. If it isn't iPad or an Android tablet of some kind, S3 is real popular, Lenovo and Tab 10 are common. Crystal Sky is more for the avid flyers here. Guys that use them professionally. Hobby part time flyers want the $150 tablets to work.

Many of them do ok so long as they have not upgraded their firmware or the app. I have guys here on $120 tablets with firmware from right after they bought their Mavic Pro. Really old Apps too. Their mantra is if it aint broke don't fix it.

When Spark was added to the app, DJI had to fix some things. After Mavic Air was added, and other Phantoms then the App just got messy, stopped working right.

A few days ago this young lady came in with a new MP. All excited. She had a Pixel 2 If i remember right. Out of the box it got "aircraft disconnected" seconds after take off.  We did the updates, the calibrations. It flew a minute, and then she calls over "I can't see anything" and it was a pixelated stream. About 20 seconds later the app crashed. She says now what do I do? I don't like this!"

Some said buy an Ipad. She said "I paid good money for my phone, and almost $1000 for this drone that I might use 3 times on vacations. I am not buying an Ipad."

She packed it up and said she would be returning it to Amazon. "too much hassle"

App crashing and pixelated screens are not winning DJI any points. As far as I can tell, there is not much of a correlation with overheated devices. We've had days in the 70's and low 80's. I can see tablets overheating in higher temps. When I was in SC and using the S3, I ran a dozen flights just swapping batteries. Ran about 4 batts worth each time. MP was fine. Bottom of the MP was hot, but it worked. Cooled it down while recharging batts. Went out in the hot sun again.

Many here talking to guys at other RC clubs as well trying to figure this out. Really, it comes down to 2 things. Does DJI want to fix this or not? And Will DJI just go run with iOS. I can say for sure, that a lot of flyers I know, as well as a couple here that sell the products are not thrilled with the support.
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-26 22:59
Not really. We have been tracking these problems for months. From the devices used, to the firmware changes, and App changes, as well as what newer products added to the App or features have taxed the devices more.

I was at the site yesterday and was told 15 MP and MA units had connection problems. Most on Android, but a few on Mini 4's and Iphone 6's.

Thanks for reply and info.

Other day I was flying in hot temp (97 deg F) in bright sun, testing rollback of OS & GO-4 on CrystalSky Ultra.  The longer I flew the worse the Live view video streaming problem, of Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring, became.  The CrystalSky Ultra got hot to point it was uncomfortable to hold.  Found some shade, but didn't help.

That evening after sun had just set, and temp had gone down (83 deg F), took to air again.  For entire flight, no Live view video streaming problem.  

Which is what got me to wondering about high temps and bright sunlight.  Coupled to newer versions of GO-4 App having a coding problem that takes a lot of horsepower.  Resulting in Smartdevices being pushed to point Smartdevices get to hot, and their CPUs start automatically throttling processing speed.  The throttling causing Live view video problem and possibly disconnects due to lowered performance.

I have noticed even inside (72 deg F), if Mavic Pro's camera is moved around, causing Live view video to rapid change, the CrystalSky's fan(s) will come on, and on two occassions the Live view has started to Pixelate-Smear-Blur.

2018-7-26
Use props
raven13mb
lvl.1
United States

I've recently experienced the same issue.  My company has a 'fleet' of Mavic's.  My brother lost connection with the drone shortly after takeoff and was able to land it by hitting the home button on the RC.  I figured it was a firmware issue and updated everything.  For me, I had a couple of successful flights with the same drone before it happened again on the third flight on a different shoot.  We have three other Mavics and this hasn't been a problem with them at all.  

Could it be an issue with the cord that attaches the RC to the iPhone?   I'm hoping there's a simple solution to this problem.  
2018-9-19
Use props
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

Same problem here.

Yesterday i almost crashed my pro 2 because of this.

I was 1 m away from the drone when i lost connection. While trying to connect back, the drone suddenly went up to go back home, but as i was near trees it almost hit branches above it !

i thought it was a problem with the cable but apparently not.

I had about 6 disconnections in this session. Very scary

(i'm not home so i can't post firmware version)
my phone: Oneplus 6
2018-9-20
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Same here.. been too scared to fly. Not cable or phone. I have tried two certified phones/cables and bought a new phone (Oneplus 6) just for this. I get better performance out of the Air.
2018-9-21
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

raven13mb Posted at 2018-9-19 18:59
I've recently experienced the same issue.  My company has a 'fleet' of Mavic's.  My brother lost connection with the drone shortly after takeoff and was able to land it by hitting the home button on the RC.  I figured it was a firmware issue and updated everything.  For me, I had a couple of successful flights with the same drone before it happened again on the third flight on a different shoot.  We have three other Mavics and this hasn't been a problem with them at all.  

Could it be an issue with the cord that attaches the RC to the iPhone?   I'm hoping there's a simple solution to this problem.

use an apple orginal cable if you have an iphone. dji cables suck. not sure if this is the case here, but i had heavy problems with the cable from the mavic 1 and no problems after i changed the cable.
2018-10-1
Use props
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

any news about this issue ? still having disconnections, it's very annoying
2018-10-1
Use props
djiuser_fWOtiSO2TSDY
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have not heard a word from DJI even after I have made 4 complaints via the app. It's completely silent... I think this Is a disaster.
2018-10-1
Use props
Boboulus
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I switched back to ab iPhone Xs and since then I have had no issues with lost connection. It really sucks that you can't fly safe with some devices.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules