Spark won't beep or link up
7493 21 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

So you know how after turning on the bird, you hold the power button down for 1, 2, or 3 beeps to link to the RC, tablet or reset?

Well, now when I hold the button nothing happens. No beeps, nothing, and I can't link up with the RC or tablet. When I turn the Spark off, the right light of the battery stays lit while shutting down, I don't remember that happening before either.

Any ideas?
Centro Convenc'oes_1.4.2.jpg
Grammame2_1.6.2.jpg
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark. For a better understanding. Please watch the official DJI YouTube tutorial on how to link the aircraft. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-7-8
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Thanks for the quick reply. I know all that, and have been flying for months now with no problems. The problem is that now when I hold down the power button after turning on the bird, it won't beep - not once, twice nor three times, and neither the RC or tablet see the Spark to be able to link up. While holding the power button, the four lights on the battery blink together, but no beeping.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dave Kane Posted at 2018-7-8 03:57
Thanks for the quick reply. I know all that, and have been flying for months now with no problems. The problem is that now when I hold down the power button after turning on the bird, it won't beep - not once, twice nor three times, and neither the RC or tablet see the Spark to be able to link up. While holding the power button, the four lights on the battery blink together, but no beeping.

Hi. may I ask have you updated the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller?
Aircraft should be on V 01.00.1000 and the remote is at        
V 01.00.0500 . Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Pretty sure all is updated. It hasn't prompted me to update and I always do update when it prompts. Problem now is that I can't even look to see what versions of these I have since I can't link up. Or can I see them somehow?
2018-7-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You'll not be able to link RC to AC anymore just send it for repair.
2018-7-8
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Oh no! I hope that's not true, though thinking that it probably is the only way...

Anyone know if there is there a DJI repair place in Brazil?
2018-7-8
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 04:55
Hi. may I ask have you updated the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller?
Aircraft should be on V 01.00.1000 and the remote is at        
V 01.00.0500 . Thank you.

As stated in another thread V01.00.1000 and V 01.00.0500 has not been released yet as of @03:00 GMT 2018-07-09
2018-7-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Dave Kane Posted at 2018-7-8 17:35
Oh no! I hope that's not true, though thinking that it probably is the only way...  

Anyone know if there is there a DJI repair place in Brazil?

Okay, did you try with other battery?

If yes, then as I said send the Spark for repair for sure!
2018-7-9
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Yes, unfortunately, all three batteries. I am talking with DJI, but nothing yet. I would assume that it would be easy for them to fix. Problem is I live in Brasil, so to get it to an authorized place is going to be a pain and take forever...
2018-7-9
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Wow, sorry that is happening!  May I ask why you had to hold down the battery button when turning it on?  That only needs to be done the 1st time to pair the RC with Spark.  After that, you only need to power them on and they will be linked already.
2018-7-9
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Hddeuce Posted at 2018-7-9 11:06
Wow, sorry that is happening!  May I ask why you had to hold down the battery button when turning it on?  That only needs to be done the 1st time to pair the RC with Spark.  After that, you only need to power them on and they will be linked already.

True, they have often linked up by themselves. But when they do not (like now), I have always used holding the power button down for 3 seconds and then pressing the three buttons on the RC to link up (or hold it for 6 seconds and link to the tablet). But none of that is working because the Spark won't beep for some reason.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dave Kane Posted at 2018-7-9 11:46
True, they have often linked up by themselves. But when they do not (like now), I have always used holding the power button down for 3 seconds and then pressing the three buttons on the RC to link up (or hold it for 6 seconds and link to the tablet). But none of that is working because the Spark won't beep for some reason.

Hi, sorry to read that the issue is still persisting, I would like to clarify if your aircraft is still responding? If yes, have you tried to download our DJI Assistant 2 and restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using your computer?
2018-7-10
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Hello,
No, the Spark never shows up to the RC, tablet or even the computer when it is linked by cable! It's like the bird has lost its identity. Seems like it would be something easy to fix, so am trying to avoid needing to send it back to the states to get fixed.
2018-7-12
Use props
fans439eb89a
New
United States

Dave Kane Posted at 2018-7-8 03:57
Thanks for the quick reply. I know all that, and have been flying for months now with no problems. The problem is that now when I hold down the power button after turning on the bird, it won't beep - not once, twice nor three times, and neither the RC or tablet see the Spark to be able to link up. While holding the power button, the four lights on the battery blink together, but no beeping.

Just got the same he’ll problem  
2019-1-22
Use props
voodew
lvl.1
United States

fans439eb89a Posted at 1-22 21:20
Just got the same he’ll problem

It's the SD memory card.  Take it out and try it.  Works like a charm.  Apparently the spark is trying to boot from the SD card and bricks up.  As soon as you remove it and reboot works like a charm.  Took lots of searching but found it on one of the forums.
2019-1-25
Use props
Omar Fernandez Uribe
New

Mexico

Hi, I'm from Mexico and I have the same problem that you had with your spark. Could you solve it? I hope if ... I don't have a center nearby and I don't want to send it, it's spending more money and all because of a dji error: (
2019-8-2
Use props
Grandoom
New

Did you already fix this problem i have the now also
2019-9-29
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

A couple things to try:

Put the phone a long way away, like 5 meters. Can spark and remote link now?

Press the power button on the spark and hold it for like 9 seconds till it beeps again. That resets the whole works. Then try linking.

Watch the video
2019-10-1
Use props
warque
New

Malaysia

I'm having the same problem. Never get to fly my spark since i bought them due to this problem. Is this issue has been solved? please help....
2020-4-16
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

I ended up having to send the spark to get fixed when I was in the states. Works now. Not sure what they did.
2020-4-18
Use props
djiuser_22w8pZQNnRtP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163323 ft
United States

Having the same issue and nothing seems to work. How much did they charge you to fix it?
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules