Battery not detected
3602 12 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthias E.
New
Italy

Hello everyone,

I have a new Mavic Air. I charged the Battery as written in the description and when its plugged in it says: "No Battery detected!"
The Pins are okay an the Battery locks correctly in.
I read in the Forum that other people had the same problem. Are there any new Solutions?

Thanks
Matthias

2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know if you can still charge the battery? Please check the battery terminal pins for both aircraft and the battery itself. Let me know if there is physical damage or if you can also send a photo of the battery pins. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
Matthias E.
New
Italy

Thanks for the quick answer!

Yes, i can charge the battery. I discharged it completely and recharged it, but it gave me the same report: No battery is detected.
The Pins are okay (as far as i can see it). Firmware is also updated.

2018-7-8
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

New Mavic Air? Has it ever worked? The battery is showing green lights when turned on and installed into the Mavic?
2018-7-8
Use props
Matthias E.
New
Austria

Yes its new. No it never worked. Lights are green, i can take fotos and videos, can see all the battery informations but can not fly
2018-7-8
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
United States

I would suggest you return it to place of purchase,as DOA.  If you purchased from DJI store return it for REFUND, DO NOT return for repair, they will send you a referb replacement after at least 15 day wait.  Get your money back and try again.
2018-7-8
Use props
Matthias E.
New
Italy

Thanks for all the answers!
I have activated DJI Care, what happens to that? Will i lose my money for nothing?
2018-7-8
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
United States

Sorry, I don’t know how that’ll work. It may be a gotcha. I just hate the possibility that you end up referb not ever getting off the ground.   You may have some rights by law, depending on what country you’re in. Give DJI a call and ask for exchange, they may help you out.
So sorry that you’re having to deal with this. Best of luck to you. Post an update when you get it sorted.
2018-7-8
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
United States

All said. I don’t know the pin out on the battery but I can count. You only need two connectors to move power. One or two of the remaining eight could be to determine if battery is installed. If yes, it could be the Mavic is bad or simply be a bad battery. If you’re sure you are going to have a MA when this is sorted out and if your finances allow and if you have a local retailer run grab a battery, you’ll get one soon anyway so no wasted money. Plus you can fly while you’re waiting for DJI to send you replacement battery. If no joy with that you’ll still have the needed second battery when you get your replacement.
Tell us where you are, someone here may be near you and willing to meet up for a test.  Best of luck.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Matthias E. Posted at 2018-7-8 10:35
Thanks for all the answers!
I have activated DJI Care, what happens to that? Will i lose my money for nothing?

The DJI care refresh can be refunded as well as long as the unit was successfully refunded if you wish to process a refund as long as you're still eligible for after sales policy for a refund.
2018-7-9
Use props
Matthias E.
New
Italy

Thanks guys for all your support.
I have contacted Amazon and they will send me a new Drone. Hopefully a working one ;)
2018-7-10
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
United States

Excellent. You’ll be in the air soon. Enjoy and be safe.
2018-7-10
Use props
MAXDRONE77
lvl.1
Spain

I have had the same problem, I just recharged again and thanks God it disappeared.
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules