1305 26 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Just saw this.
This guy lands on top of a building at 454 meters then takesoff again and flies another 500 meters higher .

2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This is just seriously sick and reckless. But I admit that the footage is stunning and the amount of smog shocking to see. And then I wonder if it was particularly smart of this guy to even show his face at the end of the video.
2018-7-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-8 07:55
This is just seriously sick and reckless. But I admit that the footage is stunning and the amount of smog shocking to see. And then I wonder if it was particularly smart of this guy to even show his face at the end of the video.

Got to agree, reckless and blatant stupidity. There is no cure for stupidity.
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unbelievable! 18 minute video! Somebody needs to tell him to cut it down to 3 and even then they are usually very boring so keep it to 60 seconds.
2018-7-8
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Such an insane thing to do..!
2018-7-8
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft

So, simply because the title says he's flying illegally, then it's sick, stupid, and reckless?
We know for a fact that he didn't have any of the required permits and documents, and that he wasn't doing this for a government/company promo.

Glad I live in a country with due process...
2018-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Very stupid
2018-7-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

3 things.
- SMOG all over
- Illegal (and still show your face)
- Why am I watching this?
2018-7-8
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

It is the reason we droners have had all these restrictions applied. It has destroyed the hobby.
Anywhere worth photographing is probably out of bounds as a result.
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-8 11:38
It is the reason we droners have had all these restrictions applied. It has destroyed the hobby.

Sad but very true!
2018-7-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-8 11:38

Could not agree more and it will just get worse.  Soon we will not be able to fly except out in the middle of nowhere designated areas not even worth any footage.   Very sad.
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-8 14:20
Could not agree more and it will just get worse.  Soon we will not be able to fly except out in the middle of nowhere designated areas not even worth any footage.   Very sad.

Recreational drone registration is hitting the UK next year - that'll be me done with this hobby before then but I have enjoyed some amazing times before the morons ruined it. Back to hand held photography in 2019.
2018-7-8
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

A CW Posted at 2018-7-8 14:33
Recreational drone registration is hitting the UK next year - that'll be me done with this hobby before then but I have enjoyed some amazing times before the morons ruined it. Back to hand held photography in 2019.

We can only hope for smaller drones with better tech down the road. The Tello is a small glimpse at what is possible. Nothing will truly be able to replace the larger drones as far as performance but tech will improve. Hope we don’t have to wait long.

I feel that drone growth and adoption will take place until we get smaller drones that fall outside the regulation zone.
2018-7-8
Use props
TheNorthern
First Officer
Flight distance : 419134 ft
Norway

wow what a stupid idiot !
2018-7-8
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

So far it looks like everyone is in agreement. The guy wasn't doing Drone pilots any favors.
Wachtberger was right about one thing. It was a stunning view of the city
2018-7-8
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Glad i haven't seen smog like that since i left LA in 2004 but that is one way to get use of a full battery lol and yes very dangerous as you would not be able to see any aircraft with all that smog. He may get caught with his face showing at the end.
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 2018-7-8 14:47
We can only hope for smaller drones with better tech down the road. The Tello is a small glimpse at what is possible. Nothing will truly be able to replace the larger drones as far as performance but tech will improve. Hope we don’t have to wait long.

I feel that drone growth and adoption will take place until we get smaller drones that fall outside the regulation zone.

I'm seeing the word 'hope' a bit too much on this forum lately LOL - tech will evolve but so will the laws and restrictions and when someone else puts their new toy nearly 1000m above busy city streets and the motors fail or a battery shuts down then - well, use your imagination what will happen if the drone crash lands on a persons head below... Game over!
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-8 16:44
Glad i haven't seen smog like that since i left LA in 2004 but that is one way to get use of a full battery lol and yes very dangerous as you would not be able to see any aircraft with all that smog. He may get caught with his face showing at the end.

Though he looked about 12 so probably too young to be prosecuted.
2018-7-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 03:23
Though he looked about 12 so probably too young to be prosecuted.

ya and then you have other youngsters wanting to one up it and out do what he did....
2018-7-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

wow nice one
2018-7-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

that is a very crazy video I won't ricks that   
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-9 04:16
ya and then you have other youngsters wanting to one up it and out do what he did....

For sure mate - he never quite made 1000m did he -  I bet his best mate can do better than that on his first flight.
2018-7-9
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow that was crazzy
2018-7-9
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Did you notice how many attempts it took to takeoff of the building due to poor signal strength???   And remember he established a new home point on the second takeoff so if he had lost signal and gotten an auto RTH it would have gone to the top of the building.  I couldn't see what mode he was in but he could have climbed and descended faster in Sport Mode...right???  And definitely descended faster using forward motion???  Can anyone confirm this???   Finally, I really don't trust anyone who doesn't manually fly the takeoffs and landings...just the pilot in me, I guess.

Edit:  Sorry...this was reposted on the Spark forum and I didn't notice this wasn't a Spark he was using.   Does the Mavik even have a Sport Mode???
2018-7-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-7-9 06:52
Did you notice how many attempts it took to takeoff of the building due to poor signal strength???   And remember he established a new home point on the second takeoff so if he had lost signal and gotten an auto RTH it would have gone to the top of the building.  I couldn't see what mode he was in but he could have climbed and descended faster in Sport Mode...right???  And definitely descended faster using forward motion???  Can anyone confirm this???   Finally, I really don't trust anyone who doesn't manually fly the takeoffs and landings...just the pilot in me, I guess.

If you notice he kept cancelling the RTH that was popping up several times when his battery was low so he knew what he was doing in that regard lol
2018-7-9
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

1. I have been to many places in China. but was not in Shanghai - great views. I almost went there. Fantastic views of the skyscrapers - that's how you can feel their scale.
2. The guy showed. that he can do a lot and calculate his strength. You can say a lot about being an idiot (or LOL...), but his Mavik on earth.
3. He is in that country. where all of our Maviks fly out and I'm not sure that this is not a staff tester of the DJI
2018-7-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I dont believe China is well known for safety regulations.  Wonder how many more times he will try this?
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules