Snow, it's epic ! Tips for snowed moments !
1560 5 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

SNOW, IT'S EPIC !!!
Wonderful movies or pictures can be made in snow landscapes with a drone. Follow hikers, skiers, or simply fly in white and cottoned spaces will provides some of the best moments.

To have the best pictures and avoid any crash due to specific environment, I'm present some tips :

LOW TEMPERATURE
Remember, power of battery will be reduced under 10°C. And Mavic drones will not take off under 0°C. Keep your batteries near one hot point (inside pocket near your body by example) and if battery is at good temperaturre, you could flight with low air temperature (my lowest air temperature was -30°C. In this condition, remember power will shutt down quickly , anticipate the landing…

ALTITUDE
Mavic Pro have a larger propelers and can flight higher than Mavic Air (best portance). Respect the specifications of manufacturer, remember cold air have a better lift than hot air. For same hight altitude (4800 meters by example) it’s will be more difficult to flight at 10°C than -5°C… Remember this is you go to Nepal after Kilimandjaro, experience could be different !

On this video, flight at 4200 meters in french Alps

FREEZING FOG

Avoid flight in fog/clouds when temperature is near 0°C or under. In fonction of humidity, temeprature can iced the propelers. In this case, ice on propellers will quicky reduce the portance. If you are lucky DJI GO warning will says Motor Overload. Landing immediatly !

TAKE OFF AND LANDING
In snow area, take and and landing in your hand is usually mandatory. Train in safe environment to avoid surprise…
My tips in french language video :

HIGHT LUMINOSITY

Snow reflect lot of light. For photo, you must use sensibility around 100 ISO and high speed shutter. For video, you must use ND filter to reduce the shutter and avoid jello effect.

Enjoy and remember : SNOW, IT'S EPIC !

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work
2018-7-11
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Thank you A CW !
2018-7-12
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

I really enjoyed seeing what you've been able to do with your DJI drones, and editing skills.  Creative, amazing, and such incredible views.  Well Done!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi!Please check the email of the prize you won in "Now,it's Epic" in one day, or it will be understood as your forfeiture of this prize.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, please reply the email asap. You need to add your handwriting signature in the invoice then I can apply the prize for you~
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules