Samsung s8 plus
589 15 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

Anyone on here currently using a Samsung s8 plus to fly their spark ? If so whats the current  Dji software yr using ?

I can't connect to anything.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, are you having a problem connecting the phone to your RC via wifi? may I know what is your application version?
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 09:13
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, are you having a problem connecting the phone to your RC via wifi? may I know what is your application version?

dji version Is 4.2.20 Dji go 4. Currently using a samung s8 plus. the remote connects to the spark cause im able to turn the camera up and down. but im " guessing " that the remote isn't connecting to my phone. Past threads other admins mentioned could be my phone. I can understand a older phone, and the Samsung s8 is supported. Ive reset the more and spark more times then I can count. I watched videos out the .......
2018-7-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try an older Version of the DJI Go4 app
apk mirror is your friend, here
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robnyc718 Posted at 2018-7-8 09:21
dji version Is 4.2.20 Dji go 4. Currently using a samung s8 plus. the remote connects to the spark cause im able to turn the camera up and down. but im " guessing " that the remote isn't connecting to my phone. Past threads other admins mentioned could be my phone. I can understand a older phone, and the Samsung s8 is supported. Ive reset the more and spark more times then I can count. I watched videos out the .......

Hi, are you trying to connect your phone via wi-fi of your spark? If yes, please ensure that the data connection of your phone is disabled then check again the DJI GO 4 app.
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 09:30
Hi, are you trying to connect your phone via wi-fi of your spark? If yes, please ensure that the data connection of your phone is disabled then check again the DJI GO 4 app.

I was trying with the wifi and I also have the otg cable. which also isn't working for me. I plug it in, app opens up. then I get a msg about wrong region and to change my wlan settings. that's all happens when the cable is plugged in
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-8 09:28
Try an older Version of the DJI Go4 app
apk mirror is your friend, here

gonna give that a whirl. ty sir !
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robnyc718 Posted at 2018-7-8 09:34
gonna give that a whirl. ty sir !

Please provide the screenshot of the issue so that we can check and for the mean-time try using a wi-fi connection.
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 09:39
Please provide the screenshot of the issue so that we can check and for the mean-time try using a wi-fi connection.

I get this when going to the Dji app, trying to hit the connect option. go thru the steps, try and scan the remote qr code and it cant connect. Theres amsg that tells me to exit out the app and enter the password manually. oncei try and enter manually it tries to connect and this msg comes up. I cant get past this part. all the while I can move the camera up and down from the remote
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robnyc718 Posted at 2018-7-8 10:13
[view_image]
I get this when going to the Dji app, trying to hit the connect option. go thru the steps, try and scan the remote qr code and it cant connect. Theres amsg that tells me to exit out the app and enter the password manually. oncei try and enter manually it tries to connect and this msg comes up. I cant get past this part. all the while I can move the camera up and down from the remote

Actually, the message is normal our spark does not produce internet source, however, your phone might be considered the wi-fi as a not good internet connection, did you manage to turn off the mobile data on your mobile device?
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 10:25
Actually, the message is normal our spark does not produce internet source, however, your phone might be considered the wi-fi as a not good internet connection, did you manage to turn off the mobile data on your mobile device?

so I did.... I was able to click on fly now. saw the camera on my screen BUT top left still read disconnected
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robnyc718 Posted at 2018-7-8 10:42
so I did.... I was able to click on fly now. saw the camera on my screen BUT top left still read disconnected

Are you still connected to the RC's wifi?
2018-7-8
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Try Version 4.2.12, best stable one on Android.

If you are setting the Spark for the first time go for 4.1.15, else you will probably get the 'Cannot Takeoff Error'.

4.1.15 is very stable too. Supports OTG.

2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-8 10:44
Are you still connected to the RC's wifi?

don't think so.... I only see the one spark setting. and that's the RC
2018-7-8
Use props
Robnyc718
lvl.1
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-8 10:47
Try Version 4.2.12, best stable one on Android.

If you are setting the Spark for the first time go for 4.1.15, else you will probably get the 'Cannot Takeoff Error'.

thank you, gonna try that !
2018-7-8
Use props
CB01
lvl.1
Zimbabwe

I have a S8+ and S7 edge and both are the same. I moved region from Dubai to Zimbabwe and since then I cannot see the RC SSID once it communicates with the Spark. There are quite a few threads like this and I am yet to find a solution. DJI are replying to support but it is as if they have never heard of this issue, however it seems very common. DJI suggested I use an Apple device which is what I am having to do until we find a way to resolve this. Even when connected to the iPad there is no stable channel listed so it must be a region and channel issue rather than the DJI Go app as the RC SSID and the Spark SSID disappear from the Samsung WiFi list, once they are communicating. I am trying to identify the channel that Samsung will see. It will be a long process.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules