Firmware V01.11.0020
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

I loved my Phantom 3 pro... before I did your latest updates.
The feed was in and out until the remote told me I needed to update it also (which it did on my wifi).
Now after all updates, the drone flashes yellow in the back and is solid red in front.
Your DJI app (that was also updated, askes me which drone or DJI devise I use).
It looks like all communication between the remote and the drone is now gone.

I also own a Ronin, and thought I would invest more in DJI products with time. But, if I need to cancel projects because of 'crappy' updates, I may well look at orther manufacturers.

This said, before I resort to this, I would prefer to continue with you guys... But this time I need efficient support in a quick way.
Please let me know how I can reset all the Phantom 3 pro equipments to be able to fly.

Thanks in advance!

André
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. By how you describe the situation you're having right now, it seems that your aircraft needs to re-link to your remote controller. You just need to follow this tutorial on how to link the aircraft to the RC:
2018-7-9
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Wanda,  I did link the remote and the drone. Lights are green on both now. The problem is that I could fly but without a screen (camera blind). Your DJI Go app asks me to choose the model of my drone but doesn't permit to connect in camera view. Both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2 are updated to iOS 11.4. Is there any trick that you can suggest to install prior versions of the DJI Go app or iOS? Because your latest app in the Apple app store doesn't seem to work. Unless you can provide tricks or fixes for that . Thanks
2018-7-9
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft

Andy_L Posted at 2018-7-9 04:28
Hi Wanda,  I did link the remote and the drone. Lights are green on both now. The problem is that I could fly but without a screen (camera blind). Your DJI Go app asks me to choose the model of my drone but doesn't permit to connect in camera view.  Both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2 are updated to iOS 11.4. Is there any trick that you can suggest to install prior versions of the DJI Go app or iOS? Because your latest app in the Apple app store doesn't seem to work. Unless you can provide tricks or fixes for that . Thanks

Don't know about IOS devices but Android devices you can go to sites like apkpure.com and download older version of app.  Once downloaded you click on the file and install.  My experience with Apple devices tells me they don't allow such installs..
2018-7-9
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom One Posted at 2018-7-9 06:19
Don't know about IOS devices but Android devices you can go to sites like apkpure.com and download older version of app.  Once downloaded you click on the file anx install.  My experience with Apple devices tells me they don't allow such installs..

Hi again Wanda and Phantom one.

Is this to say that DJI will not update DJI Go for iOS?
I do not own an android phone or tablet...
And, according to Canadian consumer laws (last time I checked), an electronic equipment should be usable for at least 5 years (functional updates included) under normal and proper usage.
I hope I don't have to register a case with my government agency.
2018-7-9
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft

Andy_L Posted at 2018-7-9 06:28
Hi again Wanda and Phantom one.

Is this to say that DJI will not update DJI Go for iOS?

Sure they will continue to have updates for IOS, I was referring to your question on how to install prior versions of the DJI Go app
2018-7-9
Use props
Andy_L
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom One Posted at 2018-7-9 14:55
Sure they will continue to have updates for IOS, I was referring to your question on how to install prior versions of the DJI Go app

Soon? Because from what I can read in other threads, it looks like a possibility of class action could be crawling with the latest firmware package (here I just state a fact). A company can't introduce malware (or unit failure software) to it's own equipment without owning legal responsibility.

Now, I am trying to get an Android tablet or phone... Since the drone and the remote are green and synchronized, would this work? Or am I wasting time since the problem is truly with the latest firmware update package? Also would passing from pro to SE be a fix? And, can I reset and get links to a previous firmware in case that is the actual solution? Thanks!  ;)
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules