Can't update controller firmware (or connect to i1)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelgalbraith
lvl.1

United States

I'm a newbie with a used Inspire 1 trying to get off the ground, but can't seem to connect controller and aircraft.
I first sucessfully updated the bird to 1.11.x (with the controller off)
I've downloaded the go app (not the go app4)
I then turned on the controller (with the bird off) following all instructions and connected iphone 7.
I can't enter camera mode to do any wifi update and controller and bird don't connect.
I've also read many related older forum posts on this topic, and have tried some suggestions with NO SUCCESS.
I'm so bummed. I was hoping to fly my new DJI drone this weekend, but have nothing but frustration thus far.
In July 2018, and an inspire 1 controller be upgraded manually with a thumbdrive?  Where would I find the latest drivers for the controller only?  Why isn't it just working with wifi?
Help please.
-JG
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having right now. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-7-9
Use props
joelgalbraith
lvl.1

United States

Thanks. Tried all that and much more with tech support.  The trouble is that I can't get into camera view at all with my mobile device and the controller.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

joelgalbraith Posted at 2018-7-9 16:51
Thanks. Tried all that and much more with tech support.  The trouble is that I can't get into camera view at all with my mobile device and the controller.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in the app?
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules