Major connection problems with Mavic Air
2661 6 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QjxF8pe729YT
New

Hello.

Suddenly, after using the Air for some weeks, after a charged the batteries, it would not connect anymore.

I have tried everything, like all the guides on the internett.

But now, the major problem is that when I can not even get acccess to the camera view. And when I try to reinstall the app, and choose Mavic Air, the app automatically switches to Phantom 4, and there is nothing I can to about it.

Is it anybody out there who can help me please?

Thanks you all
2018-7-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is your RC status light turn to green when power up with MA?
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for any troubles you had with your DJI Mavic Air. Have you tried manually relinking the aircraft to the remote before you turn on the app? Please refer to the video below for a better understanding. Thank you.

2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_QjxF8pe729YT
New

Hello.

Thanksf or getting back to me.

I have tried these solutions, without help, but tried something else.

I borrowed my dads iPad, and everything worked perfectly, so I figured out that maybe my Android phone was the problem, searched some more and found this guide:
"Just enable USB debugging, and select the USB debugging mode to MIDI"

I tried it, and suddenly everything was fine. I got signal and RC and phone was connected.  So I took the drone for a quick flight. Flew it up to around 100m, and suddenly it got disconnected. Nothing worked, just black screen. Luckily it did return to my home point, and started hovering over my head. I had to get a ladder, climb up and pick it down. Super scary stuff, so now I dont want to fly it again in case of something similar happens.

I think the phone automatically switches from MIDI to just charging and that these might be the problem. Have anybody any experience regarding this?

Thanks for helping me!
2018-7-9
Use props
MacDanMA
New
Flight distance : 91486 ft
United States

I have the exact same issue.  It just started this weekend after never having issues before in previous flights.  My last flight was about 2 weeks ago.  The only thing that has changed for me was I recently had Android updates last week for my phone.   I've tried everything I can think beside downgrade firmware on RC and Drone or factory reset my phone and start from scratch with my phone. May do that tonight.  I did use a tablet and it works fine for me, but switching back to my phone (google pixel) it wont communicate correctly still.  I think something with recent android firmware update is conflicting somehow.  Still troubleshooting tho.  If I find anything I post back.

Thanks,

Michael  
2018-7-9
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

djiuser_QjxF8pe729YT Posted at 2018-7-9 06:34
Hello.

Thanksf or getting back to me.

If you think charging is a reaction to disrupt the connection try installing this app
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mantya.stopcharging
Note that this app needs a rooted device.
I personaly use it just to avoid draining the controller battery by leting it charging my phone.
It works great and I never had a connection problem except once caused by a faulty sd card.
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_XMBBEnBs2yBd
New
Flight distance : 17756 ft
Australia

try this.. open the Fly ME App and go the the page that has the Controller settings. Make Seur THE SETTING IS SWITCH MODE1.
THAT'S IT....
Re boot drone, controller and your phone for a clean boot and set up normally.
It worked for me.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules