1680 10 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael_Renner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2766 ft
United States

Hi -

I'm using a Phantom 3 Standard and an Android phone and everything was working. Phone developed a problem, got a new identical unit via warranty replacement. Now I'm grounded because the phone and the drone won't connect.

I can connect the phone to the drone's wifi, but the equipment page in the DJI Go app never connects; If I look at the "how to connect page" and then go back -- sometimes -- I get a "connect" button, but it's on the Inspire page, not the Phantom 3 page. At the equipment page, it shows as "disconnected" and I get no data, camera feed, etc.

I've tried removing the DJI Go software and reinstalling, but it didn't change anything.

All help and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Michael

2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues about your connection to the aircraft. May we ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device?
2018-7-9
Use props
Michael_Renner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-9 08:58
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues about your connection to the aircraft. May we ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device?

Thanks for the quiick reply. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, unfortunately, the Google Pixel 2 XL is not fully compatible to run the app.  Please check the list of fully compatible phones below for better understanding.

2018-7-9
Use props
Michael_Renner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-9 09:13
Hi, unfortunately, the Google Pixel 2 XL is not fully compatible to run the app.  Please check the list of fully compatible phones below for better understanding.

[view_image]

That’s odd; it was working a few weeks ago, when I last practiced with the drone. (Exact same model of device; different physical unit, as explained above.) That’s also a problem, because it’s the device I have.

I do have an older iPad mini I could use. It runs IOS 9.3.5. Is that version of IOS compatible with the current IOS version of the app?
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Michael_Renner Posted at 2018-7-9 09:23
That’s odd; it was working a few weeks ago, when I last practiced with the drone. (Exact same model of device; different physical unit, as explained above.) That’s also a problem, because it’s the device I have.

I do have an older iPad mini I could use. It runs IOS 9.3.5. Is that version of IOS compatible with the current IOS version of the app?

Hi, I do understand that it works for a few months or weeks ago but being an incompatible device this will give you some errors like this. If you do have an iPad this could work perfectly for your aircraft. Thank you.
2018-7-9
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Michael_Renner Posted at 2018-7-9 09:23

Try using the iPad without updating the iOS. If it runs well, do not update.
My Mini 4 with latest iOS and Go4 is no more good. It used to be great before all these updates.

Your Pixel 2 is on 8.0 Oreo, or?
Oreo is bad with the Go4 app on a lot devices.
2018-7-9
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-9 09:57
Try using the iPad without updating the iOS. If it runs well, do not update.
My Mini 4 with latest iOS and Go4 is no more good. It used to be great before all these updates.

He should be using the DjiGo and not the DjiGo4.
2018-7-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Turkey

Did ya get a connection from your mobile to the AC via WIFI yet?
If yes then ya may use Go app version 3.1.xx. (DJI GO before P4).
2018-7-9
Use props
Michael_Renner
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-9 10:30
Did ya get a connection from your mobile to the AC via WIFI yet?
If yes then ya may use Go app version 3.1.xx. (DJI GO before P4).

I could connect to the wifi, but got no further. Via PM, DJI tells me that my phone (Google Pixel 2 XL) is not compatible with the app.
Thanks for the suggestion.
2018-7-11
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Is it with the Pixel 2 only ? ..or with other mobiles too? What global settings is the Pixel 2 running?
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules