GS Pro Support for Zenmuse XT2?
6074 22 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eha8AAVHT1SG
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everyone,

I am planning to purchase a Zenmuse XT2 to mount on M200 and plan to use Ground Station Pro on iPad. However, I cannot see if the GS Pro supports XT2 or not. Does anyone know if it is supported?

Thanks.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Currently, GS Pro does not support XT2, we'll release on our website if more news is available.
2018-7-10
Use props
BabakD
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-10 02:37
Currently, GS Pro does not support XT2, we'll release on our website if more news is available.

Any ETA on when the support will come? GS Pro is essential to my application and not having it is somewhat of a deal breaker!
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BabakD Posted at 2018-7-10 06:12
Any ETA on when the support will come? GS Pro is essential to my application and not having it is somewhat of a deal breaker!

Sorry, we do not have the ETA for now. It is recommended to keep an eye on our website, we'll release as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
2018-7-16
Use props
giacomodachille
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-16 02:27
Sorry, we do not have the ETA for now. It is recommended to keep an eye on our website, we'll release as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your patience.

Now GSPro support XT2 (the camera is recognized by the software). It's still not clear how to set parameters (file format, emissivity, etc.), how to switch from RGB to Thermal...
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

giacomodachille Posted at 2-18 10:42
Now GSPro support XT2 (the camera is recognized by the software). It's still not clear how to set parameters (file format, emissivity, etc.), how to switch from RGB to Thermal...

I'm afraid that they are not official compatible for now, please note our website for the future update.
2019-2-19
Use props
neorajeesh
New

Singapore

Hello,
I am planning to buy zenmuse xt2.
I have few things to clarify before i buy the camera.
1. Does it support with GS pro App.
2. Can it take photos simultaneously with both the visual and thermal sensors.
3. Can it take videos simultaneously with both the sensors.

Because i dont want to fly twice to do the same.
2019-3-20
Use props
fans4eae7f51
lvl.2

Italy

neorajeesh Posted at 3-20 18:57
Hello,
I am planning to buy zenmuse xt2.
I have few things to clarify before i buy the camera.

Dear,
I do not reccomend to buy this camera.
My experience with this camera is very poor.
I bought a Matrice 200 with an XT2 on December. I received the equipment mid of January.
Since the first day I experienced a defect on the camera (the camera was again not recognized by the drone) but DJI wrongly suggested me to update the firmware....
After more than one month and many tentatives, DJI asked me to send them the camera with the drone for a repairement process.
Now (March 29th) I'm still without the camera and I dont't know when I will receive it...
A very bad experience, considering my €17k spent for this bad toy...
2019-3-29
Use props
sandroape
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2-19 02:05
I'm afraid that they are not official compatible for now, please note our website for the future update.

Hi...  the official DJI website in th Ground station Pro section show now the XT2  as a supported camera. So it mean that is officially supported but i still have no chance to use it cause the XT2 doesn't appear in the list of the usable camera ... and if you try to select a XT with same res and lens, doesn't work as well. and if you try to fly the SD ERROR show up as achecked flag cause the software can't see the 2 sd slot builted in the camera. Also like other users reported, you cannot change nothing insiede the app.. you need always to go in PILOT APP which is not supported by IOS IPAD device and go back on GSP that work ONLY on IOS device  as showed in the picture (and not on crystalsky) so you are pushed by DJI to have 2 different device and you can not use a dji app, as GSP, on a DJI device as Crystalsky.
Looking on the web i couldn't find video of XT2 working with GSP and M200.... this camera is on the market since 1 year now...
Ps. My Xt2 is updated with the last recent firmware, aircraft, RC, Battery, GSP as well.
Can you give us a solution ASAP in order to work with XT2 and GSP?  we are loosing job opportunity.
Thanks!
Sandro
2019-4-1
Use props
flightprosnd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1367920 ft
United States

I could not agree more with your sentiment, Sandro. I am wondering why the XT2 is not supported and I cannot figure out a good reason why. Each rendition of GSPro is also different in how it reacts to the XT2. Last week I did a test flight just like you laid out --

1. Use a crystal sky to set image settings (emissivity, radiance, R-Jpeg, gain, etc.) in DJI Pilot app with XT2 and two 32 GB Class 10 U3 cards (cards that came with the camera)
2. Remove crystal sky
3. Install Ipad on Cendence and start up GS Pro
4. All settings from the DJI Pilot App and crystal sky combo remain in the GS Pro app
5. Plan/load mission in GS Pro using XT settings (not XT2, as it's not an option). In our case, 13mm.
6. Fly mission
7. R-JPG Thermal images and JPG RGB images taken every 2 seconds (with gaps / missed camera triggers of course, because that's what DJI GS Pro does EVERY time)
8. Number of images taken does not show in the flight path screen. Always shows "0" in the bottom left of the mission/flight path screen by the waypoints information.
9. Number of images on the SD card continuously counts down after each image is taken in the air when viewing the camera window. Information displayed near the camera settings on top of screen.
10. 32 GB card allows roughly 13000 images to be taken and the countdown starts from there.
11. Land the drone and JPG and R-JPG images are stored on SD Card in the 2nd Slot of the XT2 camera

After successfully completing a test flight by capturing the thermal and RGB images at the same time using this method, one would think you could bring that knowledge to another scenario, such as work. The thing I like to do to pay for this high priced, supposedly integrated, supposedly supported camera and drone. However, that's not the case.

After bringing it to the work site, I duplicated the exact same scenario, but now am greeted with something I cannot get rid of with the same drone, crystal sky, XT2, SD cards, Ipad and GS Pro. Now, when getting to step #4 from above, we are unable to move forward because the camera settings of the XT2 are no longer recognized.

As you can see in the picture, there are no settings shown for the XT2 at all and the SD card shows a capacity of 1 picture. I know the SD card has about 30 GB of storage left, because the SD card is the same one I used last week! That data set was still on the SD card!

So, maybe I thought the cards needed to be formatted. So I did that in the GSPro App. Didn't do anything. I did it in the DJI Pilot App on the crystal sky. Didn't change anything either. Still always reading "1" in photo mode.

When I press the camera trigger on the remote, I can take as many pictures as I want, but the number never changes. It's always just "1". With this unrecognized camera and faulty settings, GS Pro will not let you take off, because there is "not enough room" on the SD card to take the pictures for the mission.

When I switch over to video mode, an accurate minute and second count of available space is provided in the camera settings pane. Take a look at this:

I can record video until my heart's content and the countdown reacts, although camera settings still do not show and cannot be changed.

So, then I'm curious, so I start up the ipad XT Pro app, to see what settings show up there. Turns out the SD card is recognized in that app and shows that the card has room to take 4,808 pictures. Settings can also be changed here for the XT2 camera. Here's a pic of that:

All of these things baffle my mind. I hit my head against the wall for an hour trying everything under the sun. Then I switched to my back up ipad with GS Pro and the camera was magically recognized there and I was able to plan a mission and fly it using the XT settings as described in the method at the top of this post. I hate even writing about it, because I feel it's not going to work the next time I open the app. Why are two exact programs on two exact ipads using exactly the same equipment behaving so differently? Is one GS Pro more updated? Yes, the one that doesn't work is the most recent "update".

Hey, DJI. Can you please help? Your customers that fork over $20,000+ for cameras and equipment would like some support and some transparency. If you know it's not going to work, just tell us! If there's a combination of the best hardware and software to get the best results, tell us! If a firmware update makes something unusable, give us the option to roll it back! Give us the tools. We want to know how to best use this admittedly amazing, but ridiculously gimped equipment. Let us make a thermal map with our official DJI thermal camera!

Pretty please?

XT2 XT Pro Picture Settings

XT2 XT Pro Picture Settings

XT2 SD Video Settings

XT2 SD Video Settings

XT2 SD Picture settings

XT2 SD Picture settings
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sandroape Posted at 4-1 05:55
[view_image]

Hi...  the official DJI website in th Ground station Pro section show now the XT2  as a supported camera. So it mean that is officially supported but i still have no chance to use it cause the XT2 doesn't appear in the list of the usable camera ... and if you try to select a XT with same res and lens, doesn't work as well. and if you try to fly the SD ERROR show up as achecked flag cause the software can't see the 2 sd slot builted in the camera. Also like other users reported, you cannot change nothing insiede the app.. you need always to go in PILOT APP which is not supported by IOS IPAD device and go back on GSP that work ONLY on IOS device  as showed in the picture (and not on crystalsky) so you are pushed by DJI to have 2 different device and you can not use a dji app, as GSP, on a DJI device as Crystalsky.

Hi Sandro, thanks for your kind reminder, this has been reported to our engineers to check. We'll keep following up and update for you.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flightprosnd Posted at 4-2 20:12
I could not agree more with your sentiment, Sandro. I am wondering why the XT2 is not supported and I cannot figure out a good reason why. Each rendition of GSPro is also different in how it reacts to the XT2. Last week I did a test flight just like you laid out --

1. Use a crystal sky to set image settings (emissivity, radiance, R-Jpeg, gain, etc.) in DJI Pilot app with XT2 and two 32 GB Class 10 U3 cards (cards that came with the camera)

Hi flightprosnd, we're so sorry for the inconvenience caused. This has been reported to our engineers to check, we'll keep following up. Again, we sincerely apologize for the troubles.
2019-4-2
Use props
sandroape
lvl.1
Italy

I totally agree... we are frustrated cause for us it been a huge investment.. we wanted to buy the best equipment ad actually DJI made this as the worse investment ever...
DJI shows a total incompetence in the knowledge of their software for the control of the most expensive equipment they have ... they have more care and support for the mavic compared to the Matrice series.

and they answer you as if they didn't already know that they are known problems ... can you imagine if they have to learn from me, that xt2 is not supported ?. we are their beta testers but instead of being paid to do it ... we have to pay.

I believe that with some lawyer with balls there are all the cards in order to make a class action.
Let's see what happens
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sandroape Posted at 4-1 05:55
[view_image]

Hi...  the official DJI website in th Ground station Pro section show now the XT2  as a supported camera. So it mean that is officially supported but i still have no chance to use it cause the XT2 doesn't appear in the list of the usable camera ... and if you try to select a XT with same res and lens, doesn't work as well. and if you try to fly the SD ERROR show up as achecked flag cause the software can't see the 2 sd slot builted in the camera. Also like other users reported, you cannot change nothing insiede the app.. you need always to go in PILOT APP which is not supported by IOS IPAD device and go back on GSP that work ONLY on IOS device  as showed in the picture (and not on crystalsky) so you are pushed by DJI to have 2 different device and you can not use a dji app, as GSP, on a DJI device as Crystalsky.

Hi Sandro, I just got an update from the team that the GS Pro only offers some basic support to XT2 for now. Our engineers will optimize the performance in the future update. As for the compatibility issue, may I have a short video of your operation for better assistance? Thank you so much!
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi flightprosnd, please kindly refer to 14#, the GS Pro only offers some basic support to XT2 for now. Our engineers will optimize the performance in the future update. As for the capacity of 1, our engineers have been aware of it and will fix in the next update. Please allow the team some time to optimize the features and improve the experience, thank you!
2019-4-14
Use props
RockytheSquirrel
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan, any updates on the issues between GS Pro and the XT2?
2019-4-29
Use props
fans39bc1770
lvl.1
Italy

Nothing yet?

It seems that for photogrammetry (or automatic flight planning in general) the "old" Zenmuse XT is better than the "new" Zenmuse XT2...

How is this even possible?

For my understanding this is just a "software" problem with the Zenmuse XT2
2019-6-6
Use props
sandroape
lvl.1
Italy

Just a question about XT2 i noticed that in video SEQ there are 15 frames skip every 40 seconds sharp... tried with different sd card also a 1000x xc2...
2019-6-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A new version 2.0.5 of GSPro was released yesterday (Jun 11, 2019) and still no support for the XT2 cam. This thread is nearly 1 year old - what's going on?
Thank god there are 3rd party developers filling the space(s) which are being left blank by DJI.
2019-6-12
Use props
FoxRacing426
lvl.1
United States

Keule Posted at 6-12 07:11
A new version 2.0.5 of GSPro was released yesterday (Jun 11, 2019) and still no support for the XT2 cam. This thread is nearly 1 year old - what's going on?
Thank god there are 3rd party developers filling the space(s) which are being left blank by DJI.

We too are having issues with GSP app and our XT2. We actually purchased two of them (13mm and 19mm) yet we cannot get them to properly and consistently collect geo-referenced imagery using  the app. We purchased this expensive equipment and for the past (8) months have not been able to get it fully operational. We have contacted DJI support many times and have never received and actionable results. At this point we're getting better results with a 3rd party thermal camera physically mounted to the M210... Lets get this solved DJI!!! Please update us.
2019-6-12
Use props
AerobotROI
lvl.1

This is crazy. Several tenth thousands of Euros for almost unusable systems.
2019-9-26
Use props
AGSSolutions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1041453 ft
Chile

flightprosnd Posted at 2019-4-2 20:12

Im with the same problem, do you fix it? how? i can´t work!!!!!
2020-3-13
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

So is there any software solution for automated flying a m210 v2 with the XT2?

DJI Pilot doesn’t count. It is missing so many basic features that GSPro has.

2020-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules