Camera "stuck", almost seems like its in "follow me" mode
1116 12 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gene Huntington
lvl.1

After calibration, for the last several flights the camera stays "fixed" in the direction it was (facing forward) at time of launch. In other words, when I yaw, the camera does not "yaw" with me, it stays fixed in the direction it was at launch.  I CAN still move cam up and down.  Anyone else find this has happened or have a suggestion? thanks
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is the firmware updated both aircraft, camera and remote? Did you do the calibration again? What color/s are showing on the LED of the aircraft?
2018-7-10
Use props
Gene Huntington
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-10 01:53
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is the firmware updated both aircraft, camera and remote? Did you do the calibration again? What color/s are showing on the LED of the aircraft?

Firmware (latest version a year ago) has been updated on aircraft, camera and remote.  I leave the bin file on the SD card so it should always be updated.  I have re-calibrated.  Lights seem normal Red and Green
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gene Huntington Posted at 2018-7-10 03:57
Firmware (latest version a year ago) has been updated on aircraft, camera and remote.  I leave the bin file on the SD card so it should always be updated.  I have re-calibrated.  Lights seem normal Red and Green

I see. Did you try to remount the camera? May I know also what exact model of Inspire are you using? Can you also try to calibrate your remote?
2018-7-10
Use props
Gene Huntington
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-10 03:59
I see. Did you try to remount the camera? May I know also what exact model of Inspire are you using? Can you also try to calibrate your remote?

I have remounted the camera.  Inspire 1 V2.0 Model T601.  I am not familiar with calibrating the remote
2018-7-10
Use props
Gene Huntington
lvl.1

Gene Huntington Posted at 2018-7-10 04:21
I have remounted the camera.  Inspire 1 V2.0 Model T601.  I am not familiar with calibrating the remote

I just looked up tutorial on calibrating the remote.  I hadn't realized that was necessary, yet I will give it a go once I am finished with today's meetings
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gene Huntington Posted at 2018-7-10 04:25
I just looked up tutorial on calibrating the remote.  I hadn't realized that was necessary, yet I will give it a go once I am finished with today's meetings

Alright. Please let us know if it doesn't work so that we can help you further.
2018-7-10
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi,

may i also suggest to check what gimbal setting you have running? the inspire's gimbal have three modes, free, follow and fpv mode. I think you are in free mode wherein the camera and gimbal moves freely from the aircraft. follow mode ofcourse follows the aircraft and FPV mode banks the camera and gimbal as you bank your aircraft.

The setting can be seen on the left side of the screen in your app. Sorry i have no screenshot of it right now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
2018-7-10
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

Kokok Posted at 2018-7-10 18:07
Hi,

may i also suggest to check what gimbal setting you have running? the inspire's gimbal have three modes, free, follow and fpv mode. I think you are in free mode wherein the camera and gimbal moves freely from the aircraft. follow mode ofcourse follows the aircraft and FPV mode banks the camera and gimbal as you bank your aircraft.

That is exactly what I was thinking, seems spot on.
2018-7-11
Use props
Sky Badger
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-10 04:38
Alright. Please let us know if it doesn't work so that we can help you further.

Calibrated RC, still have same problem
example
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sky Badger Posted at 2018-7-11 05:46
Calibrated RC, still have same problem
example

If that's the case, we highly suggest to send it to our repair center to have it checked by our engineers. It would be best to figure out the problem by having it personally. You can start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
2018-7-11
Use props
Sky Badger
lvl.1

Kokok Posted at 2018-7-10 18:07
Hi,

@Kokok, genius! Thanks so much, we are up and running again!
2018-7-11
Use props
Sky Badger
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-11 04:18
That is exactly what I was thinking, seems spot on.

Yes that was the issue, thanks!
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules