XIAOMI 5 / Redmi Note 5A / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
2942 6 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

I see that a XIAOMI 5 is a supported mobile device for DJI aircraft, however there is not such a devic but only Redmi Note 5A and Redmi Note 5 Pro.  Thus I assume that either of these are compatible with DJI Products and software?
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. Indeed the Xiaomi 5 is compatible with the DJI Mavic Air. upon checking the other two devices the Redmi Note 5A and Redmi Note 5 Pro both devices are not yet included on the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. Rest assured that I will be sending this thread to our DJI engineers for further development of the list of recommended mobile devices. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air as of today.

2018-7-9
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-9 14:52
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. Indeed the Xiaomi 5 is compatible with the DJI Mavic Air. upon checking the other two devices the Redmi Note 5A and Redmi Note 5 Pro both devices are not yet included on the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. Rest assured that I will be sending this thread to our DJI engineers for further development of the list of recommended mobile devices. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air as of today.

[view_image]

Thank you for your quick reply.

May I ask that the requirements be set out in the following format in order to help people evaluate their mobile devices for suitability.

RAM: 2GB or 3GB or whatever for specific craft
ROM: 16GB or 32GB or whatever for specific craft

My reasoning for this is just that few African countries have any or all of these devices that you mention.
The Xiaomi 5 model is not available in my country but the other Xiaomi models are.
2018-7-9
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-9 23:32

May I ask that the requirements be set out in the following format in order to help people evaluate their mobile devices for suitability.

Hi hendrik,

I use a Xiaomi MiMax2, a 6.4 inch screen

Works great! No lag on vidio. I always fly with my screen recorder ON (Du recorder) and no problems.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-10 02:54
Hi hendrik,

I use a Xiaomi MiMax2, a 6.4 inch screen

Hi JJB

Thank you for the critical info.

Be Blessed.

Hendrik
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-9 23:32

Thank you. I will be sending this information to our DJI Engineers for further development of the recommended mobile devices and to add additional devices in the future.
2018-7-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-10 07:25
Thank you. I will be sending this information to our DJI Engineers for further development of the recommended mobile devices and to add additional devices in the future.

Highly appreciated.
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules