DJI Account Login Stuck - Google Authentication
7788 6 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie Kaushal
New

Canada

I just recieved my DJI product in the mail (Ronin-S) and wanted to update the firmware using the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin App. I downloaded this App and installed for Windows but am stuck on the login screen because there is no option to login using Google. When I purchased my product I logged into the main DJI website using Google. But non of DJI's applications (including the Ronin App for Android) seem to be utilizing authentication through Google. I tried changing my account password in Settings but it asks for current password. I dont have a current password because I'm authenticating through Google! Please help.

2018-7-9
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

at this point, I think it would be easier if you just created a new account with an email address. Be aware, once you create the account that email address is perma-bound, there's no option to change it later, so if you ever need to recover, make sure it's an address you can always access. If DJI doesn't allow you to change an email, I doubt they'll be able to fix your google situation. Also, as someone who owns a Ronin-S and connects through the app, there's NO benefit to connecting it to your account, it's not like the drones where you can sync flight times or information, it's simply an authentication measure, so don't feel like you're missing out.

good luck.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jamie, sorry for the troubles. Currently, it is still recommended to create a new account with your email address, we'll release if more login ways are available. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-7-10
Use props
jaybee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586201 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-10 02:33
Hi Jamie, sorry for the troubles. Currently, it is still recommended to create a new account with your email address, we'll release if more login ways are available. Thanks for your understanding.

Out the hundreds of internet accounts I use, DJI is the only one who doesn't allow you to change your email address. Frankly this is ridiculous.

Situations change, especially over time. I've had a DJI account for years and it's tied to all my drones, a Ronin-S, and my affiliate account.

Asking people to create a new account is unacceptable, you''d lose all your historical data.  

Please expedite this global issue  as a matter of urgency.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jaybee Posted at 2018-8-19 23:04
Out the hundreds of internet accounts I use, DJI is the only one who doesn't allow you to change your email address. Frankly this is ridiculous.

Situations change, especially over time. I've had a DJI account for years and it's tied to all my drones, a Ronin-S, and my affiliate account.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We've read your new post and Mindy has replied you already: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162357-1-1.html If you have any further concerns, please keep us updated there, thanks so much!
2018-8-21
Use props
Pete73
New

DJI Susan, I'm not sure you understand the problem. I'll try to add some detail as I have the same issue. I can't fly my drone because I can't load firmware and DJI ships with prerelease firmware.

1. I created my DJI account using the gmail SSO option. No password is passed through this method, it is a token coming from google saying that their authentication method has completed.
2. Once I created my DJI account using username@gmail.com I ordered $2000 worth of gear
3. I received my drone, downloaded the DJI assistant app and attempted to log in in order to update the firmware
4. I can't log in because your DJI assistant does not appear to support Google's SSO. I have no password to input. There is no password for DJI to process.
5. I can't change my password on the DJI webpage because there is no password to change. It starts with Google SSO. You guys should reference a diagram on how the single sign on procedure works to understand this.  
6. All my account history etc is stored in this account with username@gmail.com. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ACCOUNT. Making 2 is ridiculous and unsustainable from a support perspective on your end

So what do I want?
1. Build the SSO auth into the DJI Assistant app.
2. Or build a button on the DJI website interface to allow me to stop using google SSO and put in a new password so I can use that on DJI assistant.

And a comment on privacy concerns- you say you can't change email addresses due to privacy concerns? AHAHAHAHA. Read the license agreements, you guys are pulling way more data than you should. You don't care at all about privacy. Also that is likely not accurate. It is probably because the database is keyed on email address and yall didn't design the db to handle such a thing. Hire a DBA and fix it.
2018-10-7
Use props
gmpdz
lvl.1

United States

I am experiencing this same issue.  Of the options above, SSO Auth in DJI ronin and assistant apps is preferred.  Option #2 above is less preferred, but would work.  A slightly modified version of option #2 is to send a reset password link to the registered email which is a fairly standard approach.
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules