10811 6 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Hey Folks,

I've had my Mavic Pro since March 2018, I checked the serial number of the battery included with my standard purchase and the date reads August 2017. I've had 40 flights in total and the battery seems to have decreased total flight time since first flying? The diminishing battery hasn't affected speed of the Mavic Pro, but today I flew for 19:01 (20 minutes on the application) not in Sport Mode and landed with 15% battery. At first I usually averaged up to 23 minutes of total flight time (not in Sport Mode) with approx. 15% battery remaining, today it doesn't seem like the battery can perform similarly? The Mavic Pro batteries are advertised to fly up to 27 minutes (hovering lasts 25 minutes flying to depletion). I don't think my battery could do that.

How does DJI handle the process of someone creating a ticket for batteries, which they can cross-check the data saved in the DJI GO 4 application? From my Flight Record in the App, it shows my battery clearly diminished? I'm assuming they will ask for me to send in the battery, or because they can review the data in the DJI GO 4 App, due they (for shipping safety reasons) replace the battery and ship me out a new one but not ask me to send in the old battery?
2018-7-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

normal variances.  everything from wind and temperature to software running on the drone and the app.  plus its natural that over time with usage the battery slowly build up internal resistance wne drain slightly faster over time.   at roughly 19 minutes runtime, i would hardly be concerned, sounds about normal..  in terms of 27 minutes, forget about that, thats in a highly controlled test enviroment.  the real world will rarely be that way.. on avg 20-24 minutes on a brand new battery gently crusing around in the real world.. and if your sporting about, 15-20 minutes is avgerage i seen.    more wind there is and more elemets its fighting the lower these numbers..

i have a battery that i fly almost daily with, dated as something 2017 as well, but i have over 170 cycles and i average around 19 minutes on it since this summer but i been flying in near 100F heat and 500m above sea level alot of the time.  in terms of my distance coverage on avg.  3.1 miles out and 3.1 miles back with it landing at 10-20% which is only just shy of the 3.31 mile average i was getting last fall.. which makes sense.. im gettign roughly 19 minutes as well and i used to get just over 20 minutes before..
2018-7-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

You made me curious and I exported all my 320 flights and put them in excel - average flight time for me is 10:04 m:s with Max 25:06 done last year flying with ~25 km/h (as per DJI description for 27 minutes flight time)
So Your battery is probably OK or at least better than my 4 batteries - fly safely and have fun
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_Dj8CPLgjYh4U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208100 ft
Malaysia

I have a question..is it after the battery is fully charged and left in the charging hub and wait for the other battery to be full or just remove it when it is full without waiting for another?
2020-11-10
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Dj8CPLgjYh4U Posted at 11-10 16:40
I have a question..is it after the battery is fully charged and left in the charging hub and wait for the other battery to be full or just remove it when it is full without waiting for another?

It doesn't matter you can leave it or remove the battery once it is fully charged.
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_xqDTvC7ixWtl
New

Israel

I also have a related question if that's ok - considering buying it -
what is the charging time for this model? does that bother your uses?

thanks
2020-11-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xqDTvC7ixWtl Posted at 11-29 12:05
I also have a related question if that's ok - considering buying it -
what is the charging time for this model? does that bother your uses?

the charging time is average compared to other drones.
2020-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules