Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestions on upgrading
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys. I just passed my FAA exam yesterday and now its time to get serious and make a few bucks.
I currently have the Phantom 4 with 3 battery packs and an I-pad mini 2. I have had some glitches latley with interupted feed to my I-pad. It turns green, and sometimes completely black. I have seen where other people are having the same issue. I have got alot to learn as far as videotography, and can find help on that, but would like some suggestions from you pro's on weather I should upgrade to the Phantom 4 pro? and or upgrade just the I-pad? Is there a device that works great and maybe dosn't have the glair as much?
I see that there is an option with the pro that has its own built in device. What's your thoughts on that?
I, by no means have all the money in the world, and would like to keep the cost down on upgrading as much as possible. Otherwise I would just by the $20,000 Inspire 2 with all the bells & whistles!!!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Chris
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what specific model of an iPad you have? Did you already try to reinstall the app? You may check some devices on our website that works well for Phantom 4 Pro: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Also, in regards with the firmware, you may check the latest firmware of your unit by connecting it to the mobile device and launch the DJI Go 4 app. Just go to the camera interface > general settings > about. You can confirm if it's updated by checking the latest firmware provided in our website. That will be the same link above.
2018-7-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't go overboard till you become really experienced and knowledgeble.
2018-7-10
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-10 04:59
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what specific model of an iPad you have? Did you already try to reinstall the app? You may check some devices on our website that works well for Phantom 4 Pro: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
[view_image]

Thanks for the reply Wanda. The Model # on my I-pad is "A1489"
I will try re-installing the app again and check out the firmware link.
2018-7-10
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-10 05:01
Don't go overboard till you become really experienced and knowledgeble.

That is great advise Alabama. I have some homework to do.
Thanks, Chris
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-10 06:29
Thanks for the reply Wanda. The Model # on my I-pad is "A1489"
I will try re-installing the app again and check out the firmware link.

Alright. Let us know if you still need help.
2018-7-10
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-10 04:59
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what specific model of an iPad you have? Did you already try to reinstall the app? You may check some devices on our website that works well for Phantom 4 Pro: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
[view_image]

Hey Wanda. I have done everything you suggested. My I-pad model is "ME279LL/A" and the version is "11.4.1" (15G77). It says the firmware is good. there is an "Air Encoder Error" with these numbers-"0x2800020". I get other warnings that come on, then go off, like "strong interference". I do not have the Phantom 4 pro, Just the Phantom 4. Can you help? Thanks in advance, Chris
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-10 11:15
Hey Wanda. I have done everything you suggested. My I-pad model is "ME279LL/A" and the version is "11.4.1" (15G77). It says the firmware is good. there is an "Air Encoder Error" with these numbers-"0x2800020". I get other warnings that come on, then go off, like "strong interference". I do not have the Phantom 4 pro, Just the Phantom 4. Can you help? Thanks in advance, Chris

Hello there. I can see that you're using iPad mini 2 which is not included in the compatible list of mobile devices for Phantom 4. I highly suggest trying to use a different mobile device that's compatible to isolate the issue. You can check it here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on passing part 107 and best wishes on your decision
2018-7-11
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 01:42
Hello there. I can see that you're using iPad mini 2 which is not included in the compatible list of mobile devices for Phantom 4. I highly suggest trying to use a different mobile device that's compatible to isolate the issue. You can check it here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
[view_image]

OK, Hmm, It use to work just fine. Why is that? Well, I will try my I-phone 6s and see if it still has problems. Then if not, I will definitely upgrade my device. Would like to get one that is more easy to view in the sun, less glair. Do you have any suggestions, or can you refer me to a thread that does? Thanks for your help, Wanda.
2018-7-11
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-11 01:50
Congrats on passing part 107 and best wishes on your decision

Thank you buddy. I studied my butt off, to pass. Now, I will be studying about Film editing, camera settings, etc.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-11 02:09
OK, Hmm, It use to work just fine. Why is that? Well, I will try my I-phone 6s and see if it still has problems. Then if not, I will definitely upgrade my device. Would like to get one that is more easy to view in the sun, less glair. Do you have any suggestions, or can you refer me to a thread that does? Thanks for your help, Wanda.

I understand that it works fine before but that's usually the effect of mobile devices that are not compatible with a specific unit. It may work once or twice but once you upgrade the firmware of it, it will no longer work flawlessly. That's why we also have this list of mobile devices to let our customer know that these devices can work fine with the unit since we already tested it. Now, in terms of the compatibilities, the reason why there are some works fine and some are not is that there are specific versions and specification that are required for you to use the unit. What I can suggest is to look for the compatible devices listed in the photo I sent earlier or check this CrystalSky we have on our store: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... lete&position=0
2018-7-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 01:42
[view_image]

How come that different devices are listed for the various models in order to run the very same one and only  DJI Go4 App?
2018-7-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you can locate the controller (GL300E) for P4A+/P4P+ it can be used to control your P4std, it seem that you have a lot of good sources for things like that in the US.
Eventually if you know of one with a + controller you could be lucky to try it out before buying one yourself. Have in mind that using third party flight apps on the +RC and CrystalSky devices are not always plug'n'play and for some apps not possible at all at the moment, hopefully this will improve further soon.
2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-11 02:13
Thank you buddy. I studied my butt off, to pass. Now, I will be studying about Film editing, camera settings, etc.

Good for you and congrats once more
2018-7-11
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 02:19
I understand that it works fine before but that's usually the effect of mobile devices that are not compatible with a specific unit. It may work once or twice but once you upgrade the firmware of it, it will no longer work flawlessly. That's why we also have this list of mobile devices to let our customer know that these devices can work fine with the unit since we already tested it. Now, in terms of the compatibilities, the reason why there are some works fine and some are not is that there are specific versions and specification that are required for you to use the unit. What I can suggest is to look for the compatible devices listed in the photo I sent earlier or check this CrystalSky we have on our store: https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=autocomplete&position=0

Wanda, will the CrystalSky 7.85 fit on my standard Phantom 4 controller?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-11 05:29
Wanda, will the CrystalSky 7.85 fit on my standard Phantom 4 controller?

There is a special holder for CrystalSky. Here it is: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... t-v2&position=4
2018-7-11
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-11 02:35
If you can locate the controller (GL300E) for P4A+/P4P+ it can be used to control your P4std, it seem that you have a lot of good sources for things like that in the US.
Eventually if you of one with a + controller you could be lucky to try it out before buying one yourself. Have in mind that using third party flight apps on the +RC and CrystalSky devices are not always plug'n'play and for some apps not possible at all at the moment, hopefully this will improve further soon.

My 2 cents are as KedDK wrote here. I bought the P4P+ which comes with the controller with an awesome screen. The screen give good visability even when youre in the middle of the sun. It is not not big or to small and workes great IMHO. And as KedDK mentioned it workes with the standard P4 so thats maybe a good option for you.

Good luck
2018-7-11
Use props
ChristopherG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 05:55
There is a special holder for CrystalSky. Here it is: https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky-remote-controller-mounting-bracket?from=search-result-v2&position=4

Thanks Wanda. I think I will get it.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChristopherG Posted at 2018-7-11 07:49
Thanks Wanda. I think I will get it.

Alright. Let me know if anything odd happens.
2018-7-11
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-11 06:24
My 2 cents are as KedDK wrote here. I bought the P4P+ which comes with the controller with an awesome screen. The screen give good visability even when youre in the middle of the sun. It is not not big or to small and workes great IMHO. And as KedDK mentioned it workes with the standard P4 so thats maybe a good option for you.

Good luck

Careful here

The P4Pro+ is not yet able to download and use many/most apps needed in the commercial business area.

Do your home work!!

Randy
2018-7-17
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-7-17 19:34
Careful here

The P4Pro+ is not yet able to download and use many/most apps needed in the commercial business area.

I have seen a video to go around that but yes3rd party is in the original state not working. But one can't use a phone or tablet next to it?
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules