lvl.2
Flight distance : 21877 ft

Any problems using OTG cable with spark
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The good news is, OTG cable is now fully supported to your spark using a Android device only.  Do you have any issues using OTG cable?
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never have
2018-7-10
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-10 07:27
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The good news is, OTG cable is now fully supported to your spark using a Android device only.  Do you have any issues using OTG cable?

Wow, that's great to hear! Is it supported now with current versions of GO 4 app (4.2.20) and firmware, or are updates needed? And will iOS follow soon?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-10 07:49
Wow, that's great to hear! Is it supported now with current versions of GO 4 app (4.2.20) and firmware, or are updates needed? And will iOS follow soon?

Hello there. It is supported now with the newest version of the firmware. For  the iOS, we do not have any confirmation about that yet. We will keep you updated.
2018-7-10
Use props
djisharpshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
Singapore

Dear DJI Admins,

Why are you spreading false new of new firmware being available for spark when @DJI Susan and other are telling its still under testing and will be made available after official announcement.
My humble request to all the @DJI admins to say the truth and real facts, if they don't have the answer its better to say "i will check and let you know" .
Thank you
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djisharpshooter Posted at 2018-7-10 09:07
Dear DJI Admins,

Why are you spreading false new of new firmware being available for spark when @DJI Susan and other are telling its still under testing and will be made available after official announcement.

Hi everyone, we have already confirmed this with the right team. As of the moment, the OTG cable is still not officially recommended at present. The official firmware of Spark is still under testing, we'll release the new firmware on our website as soon as it is ready. The release note from Facebook has been removed since they need to run more test on the app to make sure it is stable.Thank you for understanding.
2018-7-11
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW!
2018-7-11
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

so,,,is it or isn't it????
2018-7-11
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, it is not.
2018-7-11
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The good news is, OTG cable is now fully supported to your spark using a Android device only.  Do you have any issues using OTG cable?

Hi DJI Paladin
The new OTG update is not out yet?
2018-7-11
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-11 03:48
Hi everyone, we have already confirmed this with the right team. As of the moment, the OTG cable is still not officially recommended at present. The official firmware of Spark is still under testing, we'll release the new firmware on our website as soon as it is ready. The release note from Facebook has been removed since they need to run more test on the app to make sure it is stable.Thank you for understanding.

hahaha
I should of read down to the post where you completely contradict your original post!!!
I'll patiently wait for the next update
Cheers
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:10
hahaha
I should of read down to the post where you completely contradict your original post!!!

Sorry for the confusion, however, based on our R&D department the firmware is under evaluation if ever that we will support the OTG cable, I know that it could have been better if we are supporting OTG cable now and we are aware of lots of good feedback using the OTG cable. I'm sure that our team considering this type of connection and if we found out that there will be no problem with this OTG cable then we might add this to our spark depending on the result of the assessment. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-7-11
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-11 12:14
Sorry for the confusion, however, based on our R&D department the firmware is under evaluation if ever that we will support the OTG cable, I know that it could have been better if we are supporting OTG cable now and we are aware of lots of good feedback using the OTG cable. I'm sure that our team considering this type of connection and if we found out that there will be no problem with this OTG cable then we might add this to our spark depending on the result of the assessment. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thanks for the message. That's not sounding too positive i'm very hopeful you will officially support OTG as I already thought it was officially supported, hence using OTG on my last few flights but now I am slightly unsure as to whether i should be using it. It's proving a huge improvement video signal wise and i have achieved much further distances and connection
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-13 00:29
Thanks for the message. That's not sounding too positive i'm very hopeful you will officially support OTG as I already thought it was officially supported, hence using OTG on my last few flights but now I am slightly unsure as to whether i should be using it. It's proving a huge improvement video signal wise and i have achieved much further distances and connection

Pfff, sounds like we are thrown back for months again by DJI concerning this OTG discussion. But I will keep continue using my OTG cables anyway. Out of the many issues reported here on this forum, is there at least one serious issue (crash, fly away) pointing to the direction that it might have been caused by an OTG cable?
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Im using OTG cable. Before on 4.2.20 and now on 4.2.16 , so far without major issues. 4.2.20 unusable, short range, bad connection and very pixelated video quality.
2018-7-13
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204416 ft
Switzerland

This thread is really funny
2018-7-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-13 01:19
Pfff, sounds like we are thrown back for months again by DJI concerning this OTG discussion. But I will keep continue using my OTG cables anyway. Out of the many issues reported here on this forum, is there at least one serious issue (crash, fly away) pointing to the direction that it might have been caused by an OTG cable?

I don't think i've read any cases of direct OTG faults at all........ I REAAAAAAALLY hope they confirm its stability to atleast fill me with some proper confidence!! I mean my distance limit before using OTG was probably 60Metres and now i can achieve more like 200Metres so i will probably stick with OTG for now.....
2018-7-13
Use props
djiuser_3qeCkohgNDi0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1611 ft

I cant get it to work with my Ipad or my samsung gal S7 edge
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-13 06:42
I don't think i've read any cases of direct OTG faults at all........ I REAAAAAAALLY hope they confirm its stability to atleast fill me with some proper confidence!! I mean my distance limit before using OTG was probably 60Metres and now i can achieve more like 200Metres so i will probably stick with OTG for now.....

Yeah, instead of not supporting OTG, it would be better DJI stops supporting the GPS and compass in the Spark. Those are the real troublemakers if not handled very carefully
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_3qeCkohgNDi0 Posted at 2018-7-13 11:55
I cant get it to work with my Ipad or my samsung gal S7 edge

What cables are you using? It works very well on my iPad mini2 and Gal S8. Maybe search for some specific cables, they cost only a couple of €/$
2018-7-13
Use props
N1QWW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1611 ft

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-13 12:17
What cables are you using? It works very well on my iPad mini2 and Gal S8. Maybe search for some specific cables, they cost only a couple of €/$

I am using the white cable that came with the spark fly more kit and a lighting adapter that is female usb to lighting and one that is also female usb to micro usb that i got from amazon
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

N1QWW Posted at 2018-7-13 12:27
I am using the white cable that came with the spark fly more kit and a lighting adapter that is female usb to lighting and one that is also female usb to micro usb that i got from amazon

But are those adapters specific OTG adapters? Else it's not working. You can search on Amazon or AliExpress for DJI Spark OTG cable and you will find working ones.
2018-7-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-13 12:14
Yeah, instead of not supporting OTG, it would be better DJI stops supporting the GPS and compass in the Spark. Those are the real troublemakers if not handled very carefully

Haha, well i flew for an hour this weekend and used OTG the whole time. No problems.

ALSO >>>>> There is an android update this morning!!!

"Fixed map layout issue" thats the only release note
2018-7-16
Use props
djiuser_JJiKo6BBjVpJ
lvl.2
Germany

Hello,

are the New Firmware Update Availeble for the Spark? OTG didnt work on my Galxy Tabb 2 i hope the New Firmware with OTG Support fix the problem?
2018-7-16
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_JJiKo6BBjVpJ Posted at 2018-7-16 01:58
Hello,

are the New Firmware Update Availeble for the Spark? OTG didnt work on my Galxy Tabb 2 i hope the New Firmware with OTG Support fix the problem?

As i said above the update for android came out today. No OTG mention at all......
2018-7-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

N1QWW Posted at 2018-7-13 12:27

You need a usb otg ADAPTER, plugged into the RC
This you connect to your charger cable from the device

OR a adaptercabel like this:

Ebay or amazon will help here.
The OTG adapter, someone you know has for sure one of these to test!

2018-7-16
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-16 00:23
Haha, well i flew for an hour this weekend and used OTG the whole time. No problems.

ALSO >>>>> There is an android update this morning!!!

So they finally fixed the map layout issue! Great! That emptied the issue backlog with significant numbers. Uuuh, did anyone have a layout issue with a map??
2018-7-16
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

OTG works for  me now on my Sony Xperia XZ1 with Android 8  :-) However, on my Lenovo Tab surfboard it doesn't work. But that one is running Android 6. But i am happy it works flawless on my Sony phone.
Thank you DJI! nice work.
2018-7-16
Use props
fansfd2a64a5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

NEw to spark, been a phantom person for years/ from the start.

I scoope dup a OTG cable that hooks to controller and lighting port off amazon.. had good reviews and people saying it worked... SO will this or willi tnot work with the current firmware, and a iphoneX?
2018-7-16
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:13
So they finally fixed the map layout issue! Great! That emptied the issue backlog with significant numbers. Uuuh, did anyone have a layout issue with a map??

I can't say thats a problem i've ever faced!!
2018-7-17
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Well Tried my cable last night when it was delivered and it works fine.
2018-7-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-16 08:23
OTG works for  me now on my Sony Xperia XZ1 with Android 8  :-) However, on my Lenovo Tab surfboard it doesn't work. But that one is running Android 6. But i am happy it works flawless on my Sony phone.
Thank you DJI! nice work.

The Go4 version number is 4.2.20 / .21?

"However, on my Lenovo Tab surfboard it doesn't work"

You could try the 4.1.15 on the tablet?

2018-7-17
Use props
Tyr76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28510 ft
Netherlands

Hi all. I did a lot of plug in,plug out,this cable or maybe that one before I finally got it to work. Using the OTG plug that came with my samsung galaxy s7 and the white cable that came with my dji goggles, it works perfectly, every time. Goes for both my galaxy S7 and my galaxy tab A 2016 (10.1 Inch). However, if I try a different random usb cable,for instance the 1 that came with the s7 or one of the countless chargers etc I have laying around, it's a no-go.
(Only downside to using the samsung plug is it doesn't fit with arms of the RC folded in.Seeing how I mostly fly using the goggles, I prefer them folded out anyways for a better grip on the controller.)
2018-7-17
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

Interesting. I didn't think the Spark worked at all without an OTG cable. Just using WiFi to connect my phone to the RC was a horrible experience with bad connections, and unusable video. So I tried an OTG cable and other than camera issues which I think are RC-related, it's been working fine.
2018-7-17
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-17 07:30
The Go4 version number is 4.2.20 / .21?

"However, on my Lenovo Tab surfboard it doesn't work"

It was on the 4.2.20 version, but after my Sony Xperia updated its software OTG is dead again and in fact, it became horror to connect. I had to put my phone in flightmode, switch on Wifi, to make the connection over Wifi again. That means that evt updates from DJI wont come in over cellulair.. :-( I updated now to Go4 4.2.21 ..  And wait again @DJI any fix coming soon ?
2018-7-18
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

I am on fw. 701 and app version 4.15 on Android because my phone does not support 5.8 Ghz W-Lan...so I am lucky to have OTG.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:04
Hi DJI Paladin
The new OTG update is not out yet?

Hi there, Kindly check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157768-1-1.html for updates about using OTG cable on spark using  Android device.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:10
hahaha

Hi there, Kindly check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157768-1-1.html for updates about using OTG cable on spark using Android device.
2018-7-19
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-19 04:57
Hi there, Kindly check this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157768-1-1.html for updates about using OTG cable on spark using Android device.

You came good in the end xxxx
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules