FOR BEST RESULTS!
1241 22 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24508 ft
Canada

Let's agree that NO gimbal is perfect and that using a gimbal for LONG captures of a steady object will most likely frustrate you.  They we in fact an aswer to action camera users, let's not forget.   That being said, this is my 3rd gimbal and as of yet...it's the best one yet.
First off, unless you are doing selfies and need to track yourself, DO NO USE DJI GO...it's worthless.   if you have even limited experience with video cameras get yourself FILMIC PRO...this will totally change your experience and massively (I mean massively) make your videos better.   the APP will control most aspects of your DJi Osmo2 and will open a crap load of other features that you did not even know you could control ....tons of youtube info on the app.

things that aren't perfect... well,
-the handle gets slippy when you sweat and there is no wrist strap
-it does not come with a base, so order a mini tripod if you don't have one...at least just to rest it while activated.
-You cannot use an external wide angle lens because the gimbal will show (sad)
-the issue of "jello" effect for iPhone Users is still there , especially on "push in , push out" recordins BUT it is far improved with the use of FILMIC because you can...turn off stabilisation (not 100%).
-the first pairing is a rough experience AND there is no real help anywhere...so good luck.  just so you know...once paired, it's paired forever...BUT it's not 1.5s to activate..it's more like 4s...  so keep your thumb on the M button until it's paired.

I am really impressed with the quality of my "crane" shots now and yes...I love my DJi osmo m2.

KEEP AT IT....it rocks
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I agree that the DJI Go app is worthless.
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

A couple questions about FILMIC PRO.

1) Can you do Facebook Live with the android version of this app?
2) If so, does it embed the video stream, aka auto plays?
3) Can it do landscape in Facebook live streams?

Thanks
2018-7-10
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-10 07:47
A couple questions about FILMIC PRO.

1) Can you do Facebook Live with the android version of this app?

This is NOT a live stream application, it does not have tracking or any "selfie" type features.  it's destined towards cinematography.     it does work with android from what I am told.

I don't do any type of livestreaming but I have explored all the functionalities of FILMIC and I did not see anything that would suit your needs.   
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

GilPMTL Posted at 2018-7-10 08:39
This is NOT a live stream application, it does not have tracking or any "selfie" type features.  it's destined towards cinematography.     it does work with android from what I am told.

I don't do any type of livestreaming but I have explored all the functionalities of FILMIC and I did not see anything that would suit your needs.

Thanks for the input. I only have an intention for a smartphone gimbal to do Facebook Live streaming as I have a full size gimbal and mirrorless camera for my cinematography videos.  

It's too bad the DJI go app is such crap and can't even stream on Facebook Live properly.
2018-7-10
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-10 11:55
Thanks for the input. I only have an intention for a smartphone gimbal to do Facebook Live streaming as I have a full size gimbal and mirrorless camera for my cinematography videos.  

It's too bad the DJI go app is such crap and can't even stream on Facebook Live properly.

I tried a FB live stream from DJIGo once and it seemed to work for me.  Can't you use the FaceBook app with the phone in the gimbal?
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>

LouisP Posted at 2018-7-10 12:11
I tried a FB live stream from DJIGo once and it seemed to work for me.  Can't you use the FaceBook app with the phone in the gimbal?

The DJI Go app works for Facebook Live but it will cut out chunks of your stream out of nowhere. Otherwise I want to use it so bad plus you can use the gimbal's tracking.

For some reason I can't do landscape in Facebook Live in the native Facebook app. I've tried everything and shooting landscape is a must for me. I have a Samsung S8+ and the stupid Live feature will not let me shoot in landscape mode.

Then of course there is Periscope, who doesn't fall victim of any of the issues that the DJI go app or native Facebook app suffer from but Periscope doesn't auto play your videos. What the heck was Periscope thinking here? Your stream shows up as a static image on your page and the viewers have to click on it, not once but twice to get it to play. Lame. The whole point of live streaming is having it embedded into your posts. Nobody will click on a graphic to watch a live stream, especially not twice. Again what the heck was Periscope thinking here?
2018-7-10
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

FYI:  I did some testing on the TRACKING , via DJi go...and it's quite good as long as there are no sudden movents that extend out of frame.
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

GilPMTL Posted at 2018-7-11 05:44
FYI:  I did some testing on the TRACKING , via DJi go...and it's quite good as long as there are no sudden movents that extend out of frame.

But did you do this on Facebook Live?
2018-7-11
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

The DJI Go App has some use - motion timelapse for one.
If you need to calibrate the gimbal - you will need the App.
If you need to adjust the horizon (to avoid the gimbal motor in the shot and it leans to one side) - you'll need the app.

What i've found;
Use Airplane mode when filming (you can swtich bluetooth back on) - any other activity on the phone may result in dropped frames.
This is really important for slow motion (Samsung S7 user here) - slow motion pushes the processor to the max, so dropped frames are common.

Walk like a gimbal ninja - slow and steady. If you want to run - run like a ninja too! it takes practice...

Think "Short & Sweet" burst when filming on a smartphone. (Unless its a Hyperlapse of course).
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

kbm79 Posted at 2018-7-11 07:12
The DJI Go App has some use - motion timelapse for one.
If you need to calibrate the gimbal - you will need the App.
If you need to adjust the horizon (to avoid the gimbal motor in the shot and it leans to one side) - you'll need the app.

Hi KDM79

You can't turn on airplane mode if you are using your mobile data for Facebook live.
2018-7-11
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-10 18:31
The DJI Go app works for Facebook Live but it will cut out chunks of your stream out of nowhere. Otherwise I want to use it so bad plus you can use the gimbal's tracking.

For some reason I can't do landscape in Facebook Live in the native Facebook app. I've tried everything and shooting landscape is a must for me. I have a Samsung S8+ and the stupid Live feature will not let me shoot in landscape mode.

The one time I tried FB live I did have chunks of video missing.. but I had started at my house and walked away so I just assumed that it was because I had left my Wifi and FB live didn't switch to streaming over the cellular data..   Maybe that is not what it dropped the video after all.
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

LouisP Posted at 2018-7-11 12:07
The one time I tried FB live I did have chunks of video missing.. but I had started at my house and walked away so I just assumed that it was because I had left my Wifi and FB live didn't switch to streaming over the cellular data..   Maybe that is not what it dropped the video after all.

Thanks and that could be your cause. From my 3 times testing it with Facebook Live streams on cellular data, it cut out chunks of the stream each time, it's ridiculous. I am going to do a test over wifi to see if anything changes. I want to see if it's the DJI Go app or my cellular signal but I am on 4G LTE so that is as good as it gets.
2018-7-11
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-11 12:50
Thanks and that could be your cause. From my 3 times testing it with Facebook Live streams on cellular data, it cut out chunks of the stream each time, it's ridiculous. I am going to do a test over wifi to see if anything changes. I want to see if it's the DJI Go app or my cellular signal but I am on 4G LTE so that is as good as it gets.

I have done FB live a few times from my drone using DJIGo 4... and those worked fine over cellular. The only time I tried it with DJI Go (not 4) was that time with the OSMO2
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>

LouisP Posted at 2018-7-11 17:50
I have done FB live a few times from my drone using DJIGo 4... and those worked fine over cellular. The only time I tried it with DJI Go (not 4) was that time with the OSMO2

and you didnt get any choppy or cut out videos from either?
2018-7-11
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-11 21:09
and you didnt get any choppy or cut out videos from either?

Not with the drone on DJI Go4 ...    When  you stream live from a drone.. what gets streamed is the low res video that is transmitted to the phone during flight so the quality is what it is.  It might break up a little if the drone is far away but that is the link from the drone to the phone.  The stream from the phone to FB was solid.
2018-7-12
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf Posted at 2018-7-11 06:42
But did you do this on Facebook Live?

no ,  I only tested the app.
2018-7-13
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

I think that it's important to consider what this product was created for...  I can see how this is attractive to create live streams in selfie mode but it still was not intended as such.   perhaps someone will create an app that specifically tackles these needs.
2018-7-13
Use props
ilovetoscore
lvl.1
United States

Any idea if Filmic Pro will do motion time lapses?
2018-7-13
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

ilovetoscore Posted at 2018-7-13 12:13
Any idea if Filmic Pro will do motion time lapses?

It does, it’s actually a fantastic tool for hight speed, low speed, timelapse or hyperlapse.    Very intuitive visual interface for delay and speed settings.
2018-7-13
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

GilPMTL Posted at 2018-7-13 13:06
It does, it’s actually a fantastic tool for hight speed, low speed, timelapse or hyperlapse.    Very intuitive visual interface for delay and speed settings.

Does it work on Android too?
2018-7-13
Use props
ilovetoscore
lvl.1
United States

GilPMTL Posted at 2018-7-13 13:06

I think you are wrong about this. In the DJI app, you can specifically select motion time-lapse. you mount the OSMO and select up to five points and the OSMO works as a motion control cam. I don't see any option for this in Filmic. Also, in Filmic the smaller increment is 1 second time-lapse. In DJI is .5 seconds, which is useful for street scenes.
2018-7-13
Use props
GilPMTL
lvl.1
Canada

ilovetoscore Posted at 2018-7-13 17:12
I think you are wrong about this. In the DJI app, you can specifically select motion time-lapse. you mount the OSMO and select up to five points and the OSMO works as a motion control cam. I don't see any option for this in Filmic. Also, in Filmic the smaller increment is 1 second time-lapse. In DJI is .5 seconds, which is useful for street scenes.

You may be right, this is not at all my use of the software so I can only speak with certainty of what I know.
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules